Wiki Posts
Search

Error Message when updating Wiki

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:38 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by beltway
FWIW, I had no trouble expanding that wiki using Windows 11/MS Edge or Chrome.
Originally Posted by serpens
I cannot think why it would matter, but I see you were the last person to edit that wiki. I had no trouble expanding it in Firefox on macOS. (And that formatting after clicking the Print button is ugly.)
Nor I.

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
wiki won't show or expand to show the whole wiki for this thread., when viewed on Windows desktop
it *IS* viewable on Android.

only way to view it is to click "print" button next to the HIDE button, and it switches over to an AOL-looking 90's version of flyertalk style to show the contents.
VERY weird
Very peculiar, is this still occurring? What browser are you using?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
I cannot think why it would matter, but I see you were the last person to edit that wiki. I had no trouble expanding it in Firefox on macOS. (And that formatting after clicking the Print button is ugly.)
yeah i clicked edit and then backed out of it, but it saved it as a "change" even with nothing new.
Weird that it won't show the whole wiki. In particular the same questions as are answered in the wiki keep getting asked by new posts, hence the wiki exists, but it's frustrating if people can't see the obvious answers some of us put in the wiki
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:23 pm

Here’s another [vulgar term for serious error]: wiki history basically doesn’t exist. You can see the editor name, date, & count of character changes, but guess what you can’t see?

Yup. Clicking “View” does [vulgar term for nothing at all]. For an extra bonus non-working feature, try comparing two older versions of a wiki. Same deal: nada. (This does work for the two most recent edits & I even coaxed it into comparing recent ones other than the last two. Unclear where exactly the failure cutoff is.)
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The revert function doesn't work. All it does is open up the wiki editor with the current version of the wiki loaded.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:58 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The revert function doesn't work. All it does is open up the wiki editor with the current version of the wiki loaded.
Do you recall the last time it was working?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Do you recall the last time it was working?
I don't, sorry. Not sure I've ever tried it since it disappeared and came back after the big updates last year. My guess would be that's when it broke, although if it was that long ago, it might be odd that no one had reported it until now?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:29 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't, sorry. Not sure I've ever tried it since it disappeared and came back after the big updates last year. My guess would be that's when it broke, although if it was that long ago, it might be odd that no one had reported it until now?
If it was then, it was likely reported and just couldn't be fixed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.