Search

Error Message when updating Wiki

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Error Message when updating Wiki

Hi

I (and several other members who have tried independently) get this error message when we try to update the BA Fleet Status Wiki (BA Fleet Status)

Error: Call to undefined function each() in /usr/share/pear/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 195

The problem started on Friday and while people have been able to do singular updates (changing aircraft positions etc) on some parts of the Wiki, once you try more than 1 change or line item the error pops up.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Dec 5, 2022 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:40 am

Seeing the same thing,
Error: Call to undefined function each() in /usr/share/pear/Text/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 195
when attempting to edit the wiki at Booking American Airlines awards

The error doesn’t occur 100% of the time. I can enter edit mode, make no changes, and save without any problem. I was also able just now to edit a different wiki in the Chase forum and save changes after making substantive edits.

I agree with @Pilot37 that this bug is of relatively recent vintage. I make a lot of wiki edits & have not encountered this problem until today.

FWIW, am using Safari/iPadOS.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:25 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
We are aware and it i on our list of fixes
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Perhaps related, perhaps not: I am also seeing cases where expanding the wiki doesn’t actually show the entire wiki (and there’s no way to see the omitted portion at the end without going into the editor). See the Booking American Awards wiki I linked to above for an example.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Hi

Just wondering is there a timeline for the fix to go in?

Thanks, Pilot37
beltway likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:37 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Hi

Just wondering is there a timeline for the fix to go in?

Thanks, Pilot37
No timeline as of yet. When you get the error, are you on a mobile device/skin? Or desktop?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:23 pm

No timeline as of yet. When you get the error, are you on a mobile device/skin? Or desktop?
I see it in the desktop interface.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beltway
I see it in the desktop interface.
Desktop as well

Pilot37
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm seeing the same problem when editing the wiki in 2022 YYZ Do

I have recreated the problem using both the desktop and mobile skins
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: HH D
Just did some updates to the Hilton properties joining/leaving-wiki. No error at all. Each() and every modification went smoothly. Has the 'line 195' related error been fixed?

Update: not it has not been fixed. But it looks like it works fine if you press "Edit" without first using "Click here to display Full Wiki". At least, today it did.

Last edited by Sisosig; Dec 8, 2022 at 1:09 pm
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Just did some updates to the Hilton properties joining/leaving-wiki. No error at all. Each() and every modification went smoothly. Has the 'line 195' related error been fixed?

Update: not it has not been fixed. But it looks like it works fine if you press "Edit" without first using "Click here to display Full Wiki". At least, today it did.
Unfortunately, that work around is not helping on my Wiki, I still get the error code when I try to add any info (deleting a single string of data seems to be okay). A timeline for the fix would be appreciated.

Pilot37
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Unfortunately, that work around is not helping on my Wiki, I still get the error code when I try to add any info (deleting a single string of data seems to be okay). A timeline for the fix would be appreciated.
Also still seeing error if I edit without expanding first. All I tried to do was delete some extra CRLFs; computer says no.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I’m getting this message on my iPhone consistently when trying to edit a wiki

Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by beltway
Also still seeing error if I edit without expanding first. All I tried to do was delete some extra CRLFs; computer says no.
You bet, getting that same error again.

However, somehow I keep being able to move a hotel from one section to another ('opening soon' to 'now open'), even today. But similar modification (like changing the order of two short lines) will resort in the error.

In a quest to find a temprorary workaround, maybe we have to check FlyerTalk Forums - Recent Wikipost Changes and ask them why they managed to submit the change.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
One more, me too. Desktop PC, Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.