Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 12:31 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Are the issues in this thread still being worked on? It seems to be going the same way as ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS where after a while we just got left with "as is" rather than continuing to work through the backlog.
We still have a number of issues in our tech backlog. Some of these we've given guidance that they will take some time, since we do not directly control the schedule on which they are addresses. We just wait.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
We still have a number of issues in our tech backlog. Some of these we've given guidance that they will take some time, since we do not directly control the schedule on which they are addresses. We just wait.
Thanks ^.

So that does sound like that other thread that I mentioned. Some of the issues described there are not addressed, so I assume we're still waiting for those to bubble up to the top as well .
Old May 9, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

It really depends what they are.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I sent you a PM [at your request] on PPRuNe highlighting couple of [perceived] simple ones.

• Highlight 'Current Page' on multi-page threads better [as on PPRuNe]
  • Sort out demarcation on Sticky and Normal Threads on Forum home page [like PPRuNe}

Link for those not familiar with another IB Forum, which also has iBobi as Administrator ...
https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation-57/
Old May 9, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
I sent you a PM [at your request] on PPRuNe highlighting couple of [perceived] simple ones.
  • Highlight 'Current Page' on multi-page threads better [as on PPRuNe]
  • Sort out demarcation on Sticky and Normal Threads on Forum home page [like PPRuNe}

Link for those not familiar with another IB Forum, which also has iBobi as Administrator ...
https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation-57/
As these are style and not software changes, the FT style is going to prevail here.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As these are style and not software changes, the FT style is going to prevail here.
A triumph of style over utility, then.
Silver Fox and RumPatrol like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:15 am

@IBobi, the main one I'm thinking of is this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29219996-post1059.html, which you asked for to help iron out the confusion around old / new behaviour of certain links, the confusing naming where something with "Posts" in the title gives a thread list, etc

I think the thread was closed shortly afterwards, and no sign of that being worked on .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; May 16, 2018 at 4:14 am
Old May 16, 2018, 11:10 am

My apologies if others have already noted that your page links box (the box just above the Quick Reply box), has a style that is backwards of most other sites. Your box shows the page currently being viewed in a blue font, and the hyperlinks to other pages in a black font. I believe that you should change this to show the page that is currently being viewed with black font and the hyper-links to all of the other pages in the blue font.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amanuensis
My apologies if others have already noted that your page links box (the box just above the Quick Reply box), has a style that is backwards of most other sites. Your box shows the page currently being viewed in a blue font, and the hyperlinks to other pages in a black font. I believe that you should change this to show the page that is currently being viewed with black font and the hyper-links to all of the other pages in the blue font.
I'm really not sure what you mean. Can you screen shot?
Old May 16, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

@IBobi, the main one I'm thinking of is this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29219996-post1059.html, which you asked for to help iron out the confusion around old / new behaviour of certain links, the confusing naming where something with "Posts" in the title gives a thread list, etc

I think the thread was closed shortly afterwards, and no sign of that being worked on .
I will ask @IBJoel to look into these. Most of that does at first glance appear to be "core" software changes, not the quick fixes that @IBxAnders was referring to, so it may take a while, if they are even willing to do it. Bear in mind, we can/will fix bugs, we will do our best to restore pre-existing functionality; but making changes other than that will require a community consensus as they tend to work well for some and not for others (subjective).
Old May 16, 2018, 2:25 pm

I will ask @IBJoel to look into these. Most of that does at first glance appear to be "core" software changes, not the quick fixes that @IBxAnders was referring to, so it may take a while, if they are even willing to do it. Bear in mind, we can/will fix bugs, we will do our best to restore pre-existing functionality; but making changes other than that will require a community consensus as they tend to work well for some and not for others (subjective).
@IBobi, but they were due to changes that were introduced without that consensus (as in noone asked for them) when those updates were rolled out. After an amount of toing and froing where it was clear that the dev team didn't understand what they had changed the linked, consolidated, consensus driven request was created.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

@IBobi, but they were due to changes that were introduced without that consensus (as in noone asked for them) when those updates were rolled out. After an amount of toing and froing where it was clear that the dev team didn't understand what they had changed the linked, consolidated, consensus driven request was created.
If something changed and we need to change it back, we will do our best to resolve it.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:32 pm

Okay ... that did not work. I guess I need a tutorial on what will, and will not, work on FT now. Is there a maximum image size? What image format is best?
Old May 16, 2018, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Okay ... that did not work. I guess I need a tutorial on what will, and will not, work on FT now. Is there a maximum image size? What image format is best?
Click the little photo icon. Almost any standard image file works.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:01 pm

I'm really not sure what you mean. Can you screen shot?
What I want is for the clickable hyper-link numbers to be blue and the number for the page I am on to be black. Instead, the clickable numbers are black (unless hovered upon) and the page that I am presently on is blue.

ETA: And I do know how to crop images. So I am not sure why this one did not crop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.