Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:20 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by lo2e
Did both and the post still looks that way on my screen, but the quote you made looks fine. Here's the post, does it look normal when you look at it? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30053350-post117.html

Maybe the poster changed the formatting color of the non-bolded text in the quote box?
I checked the source and yeah, they may have edited the text. I found "[color=#dddddd]" in there.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Difficult UI

I appreciate this site is offered for free and that it has been around a long time ...

However I can't help but feel the UI could be so much better :

1. after the latest update, threads do not fully load at once, but loads in bits after you reach the "bottom" . It's annoying as it causes the page to jump, and breaks the scroll action.
2. pictures are not automatically resized. and the photo upload tool is archaic. at a time when social media makes uploading photos so easy, there should be no reason we can't have an easy plugin for flyertalk.
3. too many layers. I like the new notification bell on the top right, however it still requires at least 2 clicks to reach any content ... and the only way to clear those notifications is to access the content there, rather than it clearing no matter how the content is reached.
4. mobile UI is just weird. seems it's a skin just for the sake of saying FT has a mobile version ?

Just my 2 cents above ...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:00 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by wantan
I appreciate this site is offered for free and that it has been around a long time ...

However I can't help but feel the UI could be so much better :

1. after the latest update, threads do not fully load at once, but loads in bits after you reach the "bottom" . It's annoying as it causes the page to jump, and breaks the scroll action.
2. pictures are not automatically resized. and the photo upload tool is archaic. at a time when social media makes uploading photos so easy, there should be no reason we can't have an easy plugin for flyertalk.
3. too many layers. I like the new notification bell on the top right, however it still requires at least 2 clicks to reach any content ... and the only way to clear those notifications is to access the content there, rather than it clearing no matter how the content is reached.
4. mobile UI is just weird. seems it's a skin just for the sake of saying FT has a mobile version ?

Just my 2 cents above ...
Thank you for listing your points in list form (makes it a bit easier for me to read)
1. Infinite scroll can be turned off here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
2. A revamped photo editor is in the works by our corporate dev team
3. Is tricky, since that simply serves as a notification of all updates. Similar to Facebook
4. Mobile updates are coming (I do not have an ETA on them)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thank you for listing your points in list form (makes it a bit easier for me to read)
1. Infinite scroll can be turned off here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
2. A revamped photo editor is in the works by our corporate dev team
3. Is tricky, since that simply serves as a notification of all updates. Similar to Facebook
4. Mobile updates are coming (I do not have an ETA on them)
thank you for the tip on 1. , didn't know the feature was named "Infinite scroll"
great to hear the news on 2 & 4 as well.

As for the notification, on Facebook the number of notifications clear after the first click on the "Globe" , content that wasn't clicked on still stay blue-ish.
On FT however, the only way to clear the number from the Bell is click on each item on the menu. I find myself opening tabs and closing them again just to reset it to 0, as I'm used to reaching new content via the subscribed threads.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:42 pm

I didnt get a chance to read thru the 59 pages but just 2 questions.
1. Does the site have dark mode?
2. App for mobile? Like tapatalk ?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:30 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by clin9383
I didnt get a chance to read thru the 59 pages but just 2 questions.
1. Does the site have dark mode?
2. App for mobile? Like tapatalk ?
No on both counts, but I do believe Dark Mode is in discussion with at least one member of our tech team.
clin9383 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How do I change the font size on my signature? Used to be easy with directions which I can't seem to find now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by SFO777
How do I change the font size on my signature? Used to be easy with directions which I can't seem to find now.
I didn't see any gui or mouse-clicky way to do it, but the BBcode 'SIZE' does it. I couldn't paste an example of the code (as it would parse the code), but did find this link that should help:
https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=5
SFO777 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SamirD
I didn't see any gui or mouse-clicky way to do it, but the BBcode 'SIZE' does it. I couldn't paste an example of the code (as it would parse the code), but did find this link that should help:
https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=5
Thanks so much SamirD. That was most helpful and I was able to reduce the font size as I had hoped.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks so much SamirD. That was most helpful and I was able to reduce the font size as I had hoped.
You're welcome!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Scrolling issue

edited

Nvm I'll try in desktop. Meantime, I wouldn't mind the infinite scroll if it wouldn't jump several messages up every time i get near the top of the page. It's very jumpy. Can this be adjusted?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by weezl; Jul 3, 2022 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Are the different colours used on the 'button' that takes me to MyFlyerTalk meant to signify something? If so, what?

Xyzzy and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:23 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by IMH
Are the different colours used on the 'button' that takes me to MyFlyerTalk meant to signify something? If so, what?
Nope, just a flourish/variety our designers added.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
edited

Nvm I'll try in desktop. Meantime, I wouldn't mind the infinite scroll if it wouldn't jump several messages up every time i get near the top of the page. It's very jumpy. Can this be adjusted?
You can turn it off your user control panel--that's what I did.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:33 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Nope, just a flourish/variety our designers added.
Thanks for the speedy response. But... Seriously? If the colour doesn't signify or indicate anything, why program it to change (on an apparently random basis)?

I'm sure I'm not the only user who's tried to work out whether a particular colour means I've got notifications, or unread messages, or something else...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.