Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
NOTE: Please see the 2018 DESKTOP BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk on your DESKTOP device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

Some ways to reverse new features

1) Disabling infinite scroll: (see Post #2 for detail)
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
  • Edit options
  • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options: (see Post #3 for detail
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
  • Settings and Options
  • Miscellaneous Options
  • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Feb 12, 18, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
I still have that one trying to load in one of my open tabs: secure.adnxs.com.
Yup. Forums are currently unusable for me in Safari and Chrome, looks like secure.adnxs.com is the culprit.

Contrary to admin advice, I wasn't using any ad blocker, but installing one made the site usable again.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Feb 12, 18, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
I still have that one trying to load in one of my open tabs: secure.adnxs.com.
Originally Posted by mauve View Post
Yup. Forums are currently unusable for me in Safari and Chrome, looks like secure.adnxs.com is the culprit.

Contrary to admin advice, I wasn't using any ad blocker, but installing one made the site usable again.
\

I don't have adblocker and it still took 10+ min for this page to load. using chrome and its the adnxs virus causing the problems.
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond

Yup. I've never used an ad blocker before, but the ads on FT have become so intrusive today that I can't even use the damn site.

So now I have an ad blocker.

Well done FT.

p.s. I've been finding a lot of ads auto-playing audio in the past while too
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:11 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I finally managed a shot with my phone.

'Waiting for secure.adnxs.com...'

and

'Waiting for adserver-us.adtech.advertising.com...'

I will probably be able to make this post before it freezes again. That's in Safari. It's useless in Chrome.
Old Feb 13, 18, 7:20 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Be sure to clear cache and turn off ad blockers.
As I mentioned in my first post on the topic, I’ve cleared my cache on both browsers. I work in digital content myself, so I’ve never used an ad-blocker. I do find it a bit curious, though, that your immediate advice is to remove an ad-blocker despite several reports of success in eliminating the problem ... by using an ad-blocker.

Also, in addition to Safari being unusable, I can confirm what others have reported: Chrome doesn’t work either. In fact if anything, the symptom is worse; whereas only the tab containing FT crashes when using Safari, browsing FT on Chrome causes the entire browser to freeze, requiring a force-quit. Even Firefox for desktop is affected: the page never completes loading, so it’s impossible to post messages.

The only device I have that allows me to visit FT is my iPad Pro running iOS 11.2.5.

I concur with others that the problem appears to be a rogue ad containing either malformed or malicious JavaScript being served to desktop platforms.
Old Feb 13, 18, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LTPlat, Hertz PC
Yup, site is unusable now. maxes out cpu usage and massive memory usage as well Its not your browser or cache... I have the same issue across multiple computers and browsers. Just trying to navigate and load a page takes minutes, if it recovers and loads at all.
Old Feb 13, 18, 7:52 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Yup, site is unusable now. maxes out cpu usage and massive memory usage as well Its not your browser or cache... I have the same issue across multiple computers and browsers. Just trying to navigate and load a page takes minutes, if it recovers and loads at all.
I've found I can navigate the site using the latest version of Firefox, though I often can't post messages, as the interface never fully loads. But still, better than nothing.
Old Feb 13, 18, 8:08 am

Programs: AA CK
Same here. Each page taking about 3 minutes to load in chrome, with the 'waiting for secure.adnxs.com' note at the bottom of the screen. Unbearable.

I did read that Chrome will release a new version on Feb 15 (Thursday) with an integrated ad blocker...

NOTE: I downloaded Chrome Ad Block....... and solved problem instantly.

Last edited by dave_261; Feb 13, 18 at 10:17 am Reason: wrote too fast and left out pertinent info!
Old Feb 13, 18, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LTPlat, Hertz PC
And during this time network activity spikes as well... sustained transfer for 60 seconds on the order of 30-40 MB data received, and also about 10MB sent.
... is transferring and requesting that much data?
Old Feb 13, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I'm finding the site unusable since last night, both in Firefox with Adblocker, and I.E. without one.
Adblocker is telling me it is stopping hundreds of items per minute.
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
NOTE: I downloaded Chrome ....... and solved problem instantly.
Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
I'm finding the site unusable since last night, both in Firefox with Adblocker, and I.E. without one.
These platform recommendations are all over the map. Perhaps it's not a browser-specific issue, but rather related to some extremely buggy JavaScript -- either in an ad or elsewhere -- that no browser can parse 100% of the time.
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last 18 to 24 hours FT is unusable. Pages won't load, or load very slowly. Not sure what the owners of FT are trying to accomplish but if it is to alienate ( can't use the words I would like to use) users then they are doing an outstanding job.

Not even an acknowledgement that there might be a problem.
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:43 am
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi guys, I've alerted our Ad Ops, and they're working on a fix (they were able to immediately reproduce it). "Adnxs" is probably what a lot of you are seeing.
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:21 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
I have the "adnxs" problem on my Mac, but am now on my wife's Dell and able to log on. I wasn't going to post here and was just going to respond by "liking" posts, but the "Like" button is not working on this computer.
Old Feb 14, 18, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinumPremier

The irony

Luckily I've not experienced it, but there's probably a good reason for that. Glad to hear IB was able to replicate it/hope they get it sorted soon.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: