FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:20 am
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by IBobi
Be sure to clear cache and turn off ad blockers.
As I mentioned in my first post on the topic, I’ve cleared my cache on both browsers. I work in digital content myself, so I’ve never used an ad-blocker. I do find it a bit curious, though, that your immediate advice is to remove an ad-blocker despite several reports of success in eliminating the problem ... by using an ad-blocker.

Also, in addition to Safari being unusable, I can confirm what others have reported: Chrome doesn’t work either. In fact if anything, the symptom is worse; whereas only the tab containing FT crashes when using Safari, browsing FT on Chrome causes the entire browser to freeze, requiring a force-quit. Even Firefox for desktop is affected: the page never completes loading, so it’s impossible to post messages.

The only device I have that allows me to visit FT is my iPad Pro running iOS 11.2.5.

I concur with others that the problem appears to be a rogue ad containing either malformed or malicious JavaScript being served to desktop platforms.