1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Yeah, wikis look pretty messed up. Is it also cutting the last line in half for you guys? I'm reporting it.
Yeah, looks like it. I can't tell if it's the last line or not, but it's definitely cut off.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
You can turn off "Trending Homepage" in MyFT. It has been in use for the past several months.
Here lies the crux of the problem. When new features are introduced, they should *NOT* be defaults that everyone has to run around trying to work out how to turn off.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I've had this "upgrade" done on several forums and sites.. same thing happens. CPU goes to the moon with the unlimited scroll. bout blew my 15" MBP the first time I opened up about 10 tabs. I really hate this process and skin, but the forum owners say they can manage the site and the ad space more easily and efficiently. Great!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I found the top and bottom bars very annoying on my MB Air as they took a huge chunk of space. Also scrolling was clunky.

Thanks for the tip on removing "Infinite Scrolling" in settings. It seems to have got rid of them both. ^

Initial view: Would prefer the previous colour version, this is garish.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:49 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by C W
WHYYYYYY?

Likes are on mobile now and they're even more distracting than on desktop and there's no way to get rid of them there!

This is awful. I may just ditch FT altogether and put my time into something more productive.
Can you please post a screenshot of the mobile Likes on your end? On my phone they're very small and almost unnoticeable.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown
The bottom sticky bar is as designed. We are looking into changing the behavior of the top bar, though. There is no toggle ability, at this moment.
Thanks for replying. I assumed it’s working as designed - my complaint is that the design is horrible. It has introduced many poor features. It has solved no problems that I can see. What on earth is the change supposed to have achieved?

Is there a reason (apart from the designer’s dented pride) why the previous design can’t be reinstated?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:53 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by BorisBrownBear
Thanks for replying. I assumed it’s working as designed - my complaint is that the design is horrible. It has introduced many poor features. It has solved no problems that I can see. What on earth is the change supposed to have achieved?

Is there a reason (apart from the designer’s dented pride) why the previous design can’t be reinstated?
The chain of command does not stop with myself, Paul, or the designers. However, as I noted a few pages ago (so pretty easy to miss), you can disable the sticky header/footer by disabling Infinite Scroll.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:54 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR

Can you please post a screenshot of the mobile Likes on your end? On my phone they're very small and almost unnoticeable.
It needs to be 100% smaller.

Seriously, I hate likes, but if they must be foisted upon us along with everything else, as big as two lines of text is absurd.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:57 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by C W

It needs to be 100% smaller.

Seriously, I hate likes, but if they must be foisted upon us along with everything else, as big as two lines of text is absurd.
That's about as small as it can possibly be made.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:58 pm
C W

That's about one line of text, as designed.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:01 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by C W
If you have suggestions on how to make likes smaller, but still easily legible and clickable, we can look at changing that sometime in the future.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:02 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Not liking the new format. Was away for a few weeks and come back to find a new format. Trying to go back to first unread post and in some cases (long threads), I am not taken to the first unread post. For example, my last visit was Oct 28, but I'm only taken back to Nov 8 in long threads. Also, long threads no longer seem to have the option for you to choose which page to go to (this would be a workaround for the problem I just mentioned) or at least I can't figure out how to choose a page - no number of pages is shown within the thread.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:03 pm
C W

If you have suggestions on how to make likes smaller, but still easily legible and clickable, we can look at changing that sometime in the future.
Two suggestions:

Silver Fox and IBJoel like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown
The chain of command does not stop with myself, Paul, or the designers. However, as I noted a few pages ago (so pretty easy to miss), you can disable the sticky header/footer by disabling Infinite Scroll.
Cryptic

I hope you mean that you are passing feedback to those at the other end of the chain, but aren’t able (understandably) to share details at the moment. If that is the case then thank you and good luck.

Switching off infinite scroll has helped greatly (thanks again), so for me the forum now works nearly as well as it did, but just looks twice as ugly. I have heard that this effect is called progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.