1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:27 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by chx1975
The my content and my threads links are gone from Quick Links. That's... a problem.
I've asked tech to reinstate "My Threads". I am unfamiliar with "My Content". Did that bookmark favorite articles or articles you commented on?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Have you fed.... [uncivil, snarky, un-helpful comment removed]
IBJoel likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 15, 2017 at 9:46 pm Reason: Please keep it civil. Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:31 pm
Suspended

TLDR: UGH
  • Turning infinite scroll back on was A Bad Thing.
  • Multi-quoting works for me in Chrome, but not IE. (Specifically, I seem to be able to radio-select posts, but no text appears in the composition box after I hit Reply.) I can't wait to see how this looks in Safari on a tablet.
  • I'm not seeing the old up/down arrows that used to allow me to vertically expand/contract the composition box. AFAICT, I'm stuck with huge tracts of screen area devoted to Post Icons and other features I could not care less about.
  • Can you please restore a one-click graphic linking to My FlyerTalk? Right now there are two (redundant!) text navbar links,
  • and a nice big graphic at top right that insists on displaying a drop-down menu no matter where I click,
    • How about making the avatar image a direct link & keeping the drop-down only for clicks on the username text/down arrow?
In conclusion, UGH.
Kremmen likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:34 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by beltway
  • Can you please restore a one-click graphic linking to My FlyerTalk? Right now there are two (redundant!) text navbar links...
Agreed. This is a huge annoyance for me as well. I would always click on that to see my unread threads.

TLDR: UGH...
...In conclusion, UGH.
Yep, pretty much
Silver Fox and Kiara like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:37 pm
Administrator

TLDR: UGH
  • Turning infinite scroll back on was A Bad Thing.
  • Multi-quoting works for me in Chrome, but not IE. (Specifically, I seem to be able to radio-select posts, but no text appears in the composition box after I hit Reply.) I can't wait to see how this looks in Safari on a tablet.
  • I'm not seeing the old up/down arrows that used to allow me to vertically expand/contract the composition box. AFAICT, I'm stuck with huge tracts of screen area devoted to Post Icons and other features I could not care less about.
  • Can you please restore a one-click graphic linking to My FlyerTalk? Right now there are two (redundant!) text navbar links,
  • and a nice big graphic at top right that insists on displaying a drop-down menu no matter where I click,
    • How about making the avatar image a direct link & keeping the drop-down only for clicks on the username text/down arrow?
In conclusion, UGH.
If you disable Infinite Scroll, that dropdown menu should stay put up top, unless I'm misunderstanding the issue.
The darker blue "MyFlyerTalk" is a one-click.
To expand the reply box, there is now a triangle in the bottom right corner that you can drag to be larger.
I will look into IE multi-quote. EDIT: Multi-Quote is not working on IE for me, either. I have reported this.

Last edited by IBJoel; Nov 15, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Your new color scheme burns my eyes

Silver Fox and Kiara like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Are you guys logged in when you get to the site on mobile?
I am. I can reply for example .

Windows Phone, with the inbuilt browser.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by C W
What do others think of the change?
Its terrible, I hate it. please bring back the old layout.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow the folks behind this unasked for change will have done the decent thing, come to their collective senses, and turned it back to what it was. And what it was was a simple and effective forum that was one of the best user interfaces that I wished other forums I went to adopted. But this is an absolute nonsense in so many different ways that disregard totally the users.
Flip42 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:54 pm
C W

deleted
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:55 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks IBJoel!

I might have found a new issue. I did a Google search for "flyertalk IC Miami" and it brought me to the correct thread in the IHG forum. However it did not display the entire thread. It only went to sometime in 2016. After I then clicked on the IHG forum and used the forum searchbar there I got the entire thread. However I could not reproduce this issue. It might have been a one-off or it might be a deeper issue. I just wanted to post it here in case it shows up again.
Thanks stimpy. I wasn't able to reproduce it either, but we'll keep an eye on it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:56 pm
C W

Mods (@JDiver, @cblaisd) can we please get a poll added to this thread? I think it will help quantify FTer's feelings about the change. Perhaps it will be useful for the decision makers when evaluating this change and possible corrections.

Question: Should IB fully revert FlyerTalk to the old website?
Answers: Yes, No

Question (optional): How do you feel about the recent update to FlyerTalk's website?
Answers: Positive, Neutral, Negative
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:59 pm
Defunct Account

Is the feature you are looking for in your profile under "statistics tab" "Find all posts by *username*"

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not at all the same feature as what we had. Again, the old behavior listed out each thread that you've posted in, and ordered them by date of the most recent post in the thread. The benefit is that you don't have to be subscribed to a thread, but you can check in from time to time to see if it has been updated. It was really valuable. To me anyways.

Also, My Posts does NOT list out every post you've ever made. For me it only goes back 1000 posts.
essxjay likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:03 pm
C W

Are the Trending threads stuck? They don't seem to have changed since the horrible enhancement.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:07 pm
Defunct Account

I'm on an iPhone 7 using safari and I was unable to reproduce this.

Can you clear all website data for the mobile browser you are using and try logging in again and seeing if it sticks?

The only way I was able to experience what you describe was to login, change the setting to never go to mobile, log out and then browse the forums.

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I am. I can reply for example .

Windows Phone, with the inbuilt browser.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.