1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 15, 17, 3:19 pm

Definitely not a fan of this "trending forum threads" when I click on Forum, with the actual forums list/tree just a tiny sidebar. I feel like it's little use for the amount of real estate it takes up. I'm guessing most users don't visit all the forums...and I definitely liked seeing the whole forum listed out

At least you can disable infinite scrolling, but it seems that every time there's an update to FT it defaults back to turning it on
Silver Fox and florens like this.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
Definitely not a fan of this "trending forum threads" when I click on Forum, with the actual forums list/tree just a tiny sidebar. I feel like it's little use for the amount of real estate it takes up. I'm guessing most users don't visit all the forums...and I definitely liked seeing the whole forum listed out

At least you can disable infinite scrolling, but it seems that every time there's an update to FT it defaults back to turning it on
You can also turn off the "trending forum threads," or at least you could. I haven't checked to see if you still can with this latest "upgrade."
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Maybe it hasn't caught up to your change.
The timer currently says "generated 36 minute(s) ago" so I'm waiting to see what happens when it resets.

At the moment, the listing order is generally by time of last post to the thread, other than those to which I've posted recently. So it looks like that may update with the reset too.
I seem to have the benefit of a new search. It includes a thread I've recently posted to but I am not subscribed to.

Unfortunately, it doesn't include the other thread that I unsubscribed from, as I no longer have a post in that thread! (The posts were moved here.)
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CyBeR View Post
There are *two* infinite scroll options and you need to turn them both off. Does that make sense? Nope!
Edit: oh you found it already,
That confused me as well, since I knew I had it turned off all along. Then, because of a hint in "the other" thread, I looked again and found the second one.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:23 pm
Suspended
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
I have asked if "My Threads", including threads you are not subscribed to, can be reinstated.
Thanks IBJoel!

I might have found a new issue. I did a Google search for "flyertalk IC Miami" and it brought me to the correct thread in the IHG forum. However it did not display the entire thread. It only went to sometime in 2016. After I then clicked on the IHG forum and used the forum searchbar there I got the entire thread. However I could not reproduce this issue. It might have been a one-off or it might be a deeper issue. I just wanted to post it here in case it shows up again.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
Can you just put the old skin back and be done. This is a crock of unadulterated crap. Nothing is intuitive as far as I am concerned and I have not seen one "enhancement" that actually is one.
Apart from one particular word of yours (which perhaps might have been substituted with something a little more tactful/diplomatic !), I must agree wholeheartedly with what you say here.

The changes have all the flavour of a British Airways 'enhancement'.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:24 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post

You can turn off "Trending Homepage" in MyFT. It has been in use for the past several months.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
For threads that have them, the wiki's look awful. There's no box to contain the content and it's just in a giant white space.
Buster and pbiflyer like this.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:34 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
For threads that have them, the wiki's look awful. There's no box to contain the content and it's just in a giant white space.
I noticed this as well.

It is a very sad downgrade considering all the amazing FT wisdom carefully curated therein.
jaysona likes this.
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Please reinstate the MyFlyerTalk link in the blue bar at the bottom.
T8191 likes this.

[deleted]
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:35 pm

Ick, ick, ick, can't read anything, hate.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:39 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
WHYYYYYY?

Likes are on mobile now and they're even more distracting than on desktop and there's no way to get rid of them there!

This is awful. I may just ditch FT altogether and put my time into something more productive.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:40 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Thanks IBJoel!

I might have found a new issue. I did a Google search for "flyertalk IC Miami" and it brought me to the correct thread in the IHG forum. However it did not display the entire thread. It only went to sometime in 2016. After I then clicked on the IHG forum and used the forum searchbar there I got the entire thread. However I could not reproduce this issue. It might have been a one-off or it might be a deeper issue. I just wanted to post it here in case it shows up again.
Was this the thread?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-merged-6.html
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:43 pm
Administrator

Yeah, wikis look pretty messed up. Is it also cutting the last line in half for you guys? I'm reporting it.

Search this Thread