How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post
HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)

IGUANADON
Print Wikipost

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Executive Club
I'm struggling to add three photos to a post. I click on the little icon, I get the screen asking me to add the photos, I upload from my device, they upload OK they all get to 100%, and then the only button I see is one that says Close with an X. When I click on Close, the pop up window is still there, and there seems to be no way to close it.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I'm struggling to add three photos to a post. I click on the little icon, I get the screen asking me to add the photos, I upload from my device, they upload OK they all get to 100%, and then the only button I see is one that says Close with an X. When I click on Close, the pop up window is still there, and there seems to be no way to close it.
Same problem for me.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk; then, when posting an image, scroll down until the banner disappears. Now, when you upload the images, the "Upload" button will not be hidden behind the top banner.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by TWA884
Disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk; then, when posting an image, scroll down until the banner disappears. Now, when you upload the images, the "Upload" button will not be hidden behind the top banner.
Thank you that solved the problem.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm having the same problem, but infinite scroll is already disabled for me.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm having the same problem, but infinite scroll is already disabled for me.
Can you scroll down until the banner disappears in the "Reply to Thread" page? You have to do that before clicking on the "Upload" icon.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Can you scroll down until the banner disappears in the "Reply to Thread" page? You have to do that before clicking on the "Upload" icon.
I can't scroll at all in that window once the manage attachments popup is open. And I'd upload a photo showing that I've disabled infinite scroll, but, well you know how that is going
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I can't scroll at all in that window once the manage attachments popup is open. And I'd upload a photo showing that I've disabled infinite scroll, but, well you know how that is going
You have to scroll down past the banner before opening the attachments pop-up window. If you can't do that, you must not have disabled infinite scrolling.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by JDiver
Videos, e.g. YouTube videos, can now be embedded in your post. (The embedded video will not appear if you are using the mobile skin, however).

For example, YouTube video with time lapse of SFO Terminal 1 redevelopment stages:

https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM

Your video will automatically be centered.

To replicate, replace the B with r:

[uBL="https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM"]https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM[/uBL]
Testing embedding a Youtube clip

Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Is there anyway to directly load a screen shot into the reply screen?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 9:25 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by txpenny
Is there anyway to directly load a screen shot into the reply screen?
Take the screenshot and then when you're in the FlyerTalk reply window, click on the "postcard" icon (square/rectangle with some mountains and a moon) and select the screenshot from wherever you saved it on your device.
txpenny likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 5:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Take the screenshot and then when you're in the FlyerTalk reply window, click on the "postcard" icon (square/rectangle with some mountains and a moon) and select the screenshot from wherever you saved it on your device.
@IBJoel, is there any reason why the wiki editor doesn't have the option to upload an image the way the post editor does? It also doesn't allow attachments; not sure whether those two things are related.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:57 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@IBJoel, is there any reason why the wiki editor doesn't have the option to upload an image the way the post editor does? It also doesn't allow attachments; not sure whether those two things are related.
Definitely related. The wikipost system is custom and uses wiki markup, but the post editor is standard vbulletin/BBcode
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Definitely related. The wikipost system is custom and uses wiki markup, but the post editor is standard vbulletin/BBcode
I think that fixing the other wiki issues (font size, revert, etc) should be a far bigger priority, but perhaps that would be a worthwhile change in the future? I spent a while trying to figure out why I couldn't upload an image, then trying to upload it to Google Drive (which doesn't work as a source for the image URL since it's not a .jpg or other image file), thinking perhaps uploads had been eliminated altogether. Then I went to make a post and saw it was still there, and it came flooding back to me that the last time I uploaded a version of that image to the wiki, I had been through the same thing. So it would certainly save me some time every couple months when I need to put an image in a wiki, but maybe I'm the only weirdo who cares about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.