How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post
HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)

IGUANADON
Print Wikipost

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:21 pm

I've tried it both ways .. either way takes you to the same dialogue/window, so what's the difference? Anyway it's the same result either way in the other browsers.

-David
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:11 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I've tried it both ways .. either way takes you to the same dialogue/window, so what's the difference? Anyway it's the same result either way in the other browsers.

-David
Have you found a browser that it works with?

I wish I could help more. The fact that this is not a widely-reported issue, and that I was able to upload your exact photos with no problem, points to something on your end, but I'll be darned if I know what it is.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
Have you found a browser that it works with?

I wish I could help more. The fact that this is not a widely-reported issue, and that I was able to upload your exact photos with no problem, points to something on your end, but I'll be darned if I know what it is.
firefox (max OS/X) works.

I don't think it's the specific files, it's any image file. I had no issues uploading and posting a pdf file, but the difference is that those aren't shown in the post, they are shown as a link in posts.

I've also tried disabling all extensions in chrome, but it made no difference. Something is blocking the communication between the upload window/process and the edit post window/process. Of course it's impossible to diagnose it because there's no messages or log of what's happening as far as I can tell.

-David
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:17 pm

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the browser that's not working?
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Test photo post

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm

What are those little green things?
Old May 2, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi all,

I'm trying to upload a cover photos in my profile, but it didn't work at all. I have a picture of AA 777-300ER aircraft. Can you please fix it for me? Thanks!
Old May 3, 2019, 2:41 pm
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Thank you for raising. We are currently looking into this possible error.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:58 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IB_Villalobos
Thank you for raising. We are currently looking into this possible error.
I also can't add photos to Expert Reviews, as well. Same error, it seems? Any update?
Old May 8, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I also can't add photos to Expert Reviews, as well. Same error, it seems? Any update?
It's a different issue.
What's the error?
Can you screen shot it?
Also at what point does the error occur?
Are you creating the review using the review site, or just using the NEW HOTEL REVIEW button in the forums?
Also it could help to know what device and browser you're using.

Thank you!
Old May 8, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

It's a different issue.
What's the error?
Can you screen shot it?
Also at what point does the error occur?
Are you creating the review using the review site, or just using the NEW HOTEL REVIEW button in the forums?
Also it could help to know what device and browser you're using.

Thank you!
I just emailed P O'Brien about this issue too, FWIW.

"I am trying to create a new Expert Review in the Marriott Bonvoy forum in a thread for Ritz-carlton Bacara Santa Barbara. I used POST A NEW REVIEW to start the process as usual. The error occurs as soon as I try to ADD A PHOTO in that review. Any photo so far as I can tell.

I know @FlyerEC was having trouble adding a photo to her review a day or so ago A link to her post and described error: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31074264-post168.html

I am using MacBook Pro. Using Chrome as browser."
Old May 8, 2019, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I just emailed P O'Brien about this issue too, FWIW.

"I am trying to create a new Expert Review in the Marriott Bonvoy forum in a thread for Ritz-carlton Bacara Santa Barbara. I used POST A NEW REVIEW to start the process as usual. The error occurs as soon as I try to ADD A PHOTO in that review. Any photo so far as I can tell.

I know @FlyerEC was having trouble adding a photo to her review a day or so ago A link to her post and described error: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31074264-post168.html

I am using MacBook Pro. Using Chrome as browser."
Old May 8, 2019, 3:06 pm

@bhrubin

I'm Paul O'Brien, FYI! Got your emails, but it's better to resolve it here so anyone else having the issue can see it too.

Could you do me a favor and clear your browser cache and FT cookies, log back in and try again? This is an error I have never seen before and it has me stumped!
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

@bhrubin

I'm Paul O'Brien, FYI! Got your emails, but it's better to resolve it here so anyone else having the issue can see it too.

Could you do me a favor and clear your browser cache and FT cookies, log back in and try again? This is an error I have never seen before and it has me stumped!
How do you clear only FT cookies?
Old May 8, 2019, 3:21 pm
Suspended

@bhrubin

Is it possible that my having to create the hotel in the first place is affecting my photo upload? There is no Ritz-Carlton Bacara Santa Barbara already in the selection menu, after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.