How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post
HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)

IGUANADON
Print Wikipost

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:02 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Only yesterday I was able to post videos (mp4), but today I couldn't post a photo with preview. While in preview, now I see only the URL link (when working, it shows the photo itself).
Any suggestions?
Could you post and example URL/image?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Could you post and example URL/image?
Here an example that I was trying to post, but could not see it in Preview [img]
https://photos.smugmug.com/Americas/USA/Alaska/Alaska-Fall-Foliage-02/i-zvFVbgp/0/1f992d1e/X2/_DSC1091-X2.jpg[/url]
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
With flickr about to limit non pro users to 1000 photos, I will be having 55,000+ photos removed from their server in 2019. That will mostly ruin all of my Trip Reports.

If they want the photos loaded on their servers (I know at one time they offered/suggested hosting) can someone provide a simple method in the near future. Otherwise my TR will soon be text only.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:34 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by rivlinm
With flickr about to limit non pro users to 1000 photos, I will be having 55,000+ photos removed from their server in 2019. That will mostly ruin all of my Trip Reports.

If they want the photos loaded on their servers (I know at one time they offered/suggested hosting) can someone provide a simple method in the near future. Otherwise my TR will soon be text only.
I've asked our tech team if this is feasible/doable.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:28 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by rivlinm

This is very unfortunate. But it is the inherent risk in saving and linking to a 3rd party site instead of posting photos directly to FT. Our techs do not have any way to recover these Flickr photos and post them to FT for you.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by IBobi
This is very unfortunate. But it is the inherent risk in saving and linking to a 3rd party site instead of posting photos directly to FT. Our techs do not have any way to recover these Flickr photos and post them to FT for you.
​​​​​​Even posting pix to FT has its perils. I went back to refer to a post I made in a few years ago that included a pic I uploaded to my FT album, and there link was broken. Apparently at some point the URL structure for FT photo albums got reorganized.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:11 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​​Even posting pix to FT has its perils. I went back to refer to a post I made in a few years ago that included a pic I uploaded to my FT album, and there link was broken. Apparently at some point the URL structure for FT photo albums got reorganized.
Links from FT should still work -- can you provide me a link to the broken photo?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by IBobi
Links from FT should still work -- can you provide me a link to the broken photo?
I already updated the previous post I mentioned, but here's another one:
​​​​
The photo's still there, but the link in the post which used to work, no longer does.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post25600393

Originally this picture was embedded in the post

https://www.flyertalk.com/g/picture/7986966
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
​​​​
The photo's still there, but the link in the post which used to work, no longer does.

The link works for me when I click / press on the image.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:18 pm

​​​​

Originally Posted by JDiver
The link works for me when I click / press on the image.
Are you clicking on the first link, or the second link? The second link is to the photo album page, on which the photo is displayed, sure.

The first link is the original post in which the photo itself used to be embedded. If you click on the first link into the Delta Forum Lounge thread, do you see an image there? I don't. (Though I see IBobi has been experimenting with it)

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:45 am
Administrator

​​​​

Zorak, please don't update that post with the non-functional picture URL. I'm asking our tech team if there's a mass fix that's possible and need it as an example.
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:02 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I have never had a problem posting photos in Flyertalk but suddenly I can get to the point where the photo is loaded but when I press upload it just goes back to my message without attaching the photo. This is happening on my desktop and on 2 iPhones.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by damon88
I have never had a problem posting photos in Flyertalk but suddenly I can get to the point where the photo is loaded but when I press upload it just goes back to my message without attaching the photo. This is happening on my desktop and on 2 iPhones.
Let’s see today, trying Safari on an iPad... No problems. Yesterday there was a good sized DDOS attack on FT; that may have affected things like uploading attachments or images. Try again, please.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Exclamation

Trying to attach an image link from my iPad Pro, using Safari, I am able to access the paper clip icon. When I click on the text box to type in the hyperlink to my images on SmugMug, I can only type a few characters before the box deletes what I typed and unselects itself. This has been happening for about a week and had been forcing me to use the source code to add images....
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:24 am
Administrator

I've asked tech to take a look at the photo upload issue.
JDiver and IBobi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.