Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:48 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
They've all been sorted -- as have you
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
User name and password

I originally signed in using my Facebook account. Now, I would rather login directly to FT. However, I am not sure what my Username and password are. How can I determine those?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Bob S
I originally signed in using my Facebook account. Now, I would rather login directly to FT.
This thread may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...r-account.html

BTW, welcome to FT!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:58 pm

lin821 - Thanks for the link. It talked a lot about many people having this problem but seemed to leave most of them needing to be sorted by an administrator. I too ran into a dead end. Could I give you the email address I want used and you send me a temp pwd at that email address?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 pm
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.

lin821 - Thanks for the link. It talked a lot about many people having this problem but seemed to leave most of them needing to be sorted by an administrator. I too ran into a dead end. Could I give you the email address I want used and you send me a temp pwd at that email address?
You can send the email address that you would like associated with your account to me via PM and I'll change the access to your account. Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
lin821 - Thanks for the link. It talked a lot about many people having this problem but seemed to leave most of them needing to be sorted by an administrator. I too ran into a dead end.
IBcash already provided you the solution.

But FWIW, most account access issues, if not all, have to be sorted out by admin on FT. For future reference, if you shoot a PM or email directly to any of the IB people, you'll get the assistance you need.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:41 pm

Thanks

Thanks to lin821 and IBcash. That got it.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:39 pm

Migrating from facebook connect to an FT account

Hi, I signed up with flyertalk using my facebook credentials (mostly due to laziness) but I now want to migrate to an FT account, because the FT mobile app doesn't support facebook (the mobile website does, but not the app) and also because I keep getting logged out.

But I want to retain my existing user name as well as my past posts. Even if I can't retain my current user name, I'd like my old posts associated with my new FT id. Is this possible?

thanks
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:32 am

Looks like my request was moved to this thread. As a followup note that everything in the FAQ talks about disconnecting an existing FT profile from a FB profile. Well, I don't have an FT user name/password, so if I go to my edit profile, it asks me for my 'existing password' which I have no idea about (because I don't have an FT password - and my FB password is not known to FT).

Advice is appreciated.

Originally Posted by arjunrc
Hi, I signed up with flyertalk using my facebook credentials (mostly due to laziness) but I now want to migrate to an FT account, because the FT mobile app doesn't support facebook (the mobile website does, but not the app) and also because I keep getting logged out.

But I want to retain my existing user name as well as my past posts. Even if I can't retain my current user name, I'd like my old posts associated with my new FT id. Is this possible?

thanks

Last edited by arjunrc; Dec 6, 2013 at 1:41 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:59 pm
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues

Originally Posted by arjunrc
Looks like my request was moved to this thread. As a followup note that everything in the FAQ talks about disconnecting an existing FT profile from a FB profile. Well, I don't have an FT user name/password, so if I go to my edit profile, it asks me for my 'existing password' which I have no idea about (because I don't have an FT password - and my FB password is not known to FT). Looks like in FT my email is [email protected] but doing a 'forgot password' specifying that email doesn't produce any results (its not in my FB inbox, PM etc)

Advice is appreciated.
Hello Arjunrc,

Please check your PM, I am happy to assist you with this change! Thank you.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by IBpark
Hello Arjunrc,

Please check your PM, I am happy to assist you with this change! Thank you.
IBPark, thank you for the assistance. All set now ^
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:37 pm

FB login?

I use Facebook to log into FT, but I don't like that it shows my real name. I can't figure out where to change this to an alias.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

--Tom
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Unlink facebook

Hi,
I've the same problem as arjunrc before: how can I unlink my account from facebook connect in order to login using a username and password on the mobile app?
thank you so much!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:48 pm
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues

Originally Posted by fibert
Hi,
I've the same problem as arjunrc before: how can I unlink my account from facebook connect in order to login using a username and password on the mobile app?
thank you so much!
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please follow the next steps to transition from Facebook Connect account to Regular account. Once you have a regular account, you will be able to sign on using a username and pw on the mobile app as well.

1.) Log in to FlyerTalk through FB Connect

2.) Send me (IBpark) a private message (not email) from that account, giving me an email address you want to use.

3.) I will unlink your account from Facebook, add the new email address, and will then change the password to a TEMPORARY PASSWORD

4.) I will send you a private message with the new temporary password. You will have to log out and log back in, and then change your password using MyFlyerTalk, Edit Email and Password.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by IBpark
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please follow the next steps to transition from Facebook Connect account to Regular account. Once you have a regular account, you will be able to sign on using a username and pw on the mobile app as well.

1.) Log in to FlyerTalk through FB Connect

2.) Send me (IBpark) a private message (not email) from that account, giving me an email address you want to use.

3.) I will unlink your account from Facebook, add the new email address, and will then change the password to a TEMPORARY PASSWORD

4.) I will send you a private message with the new temporary password. You will have to log out and log back in, and then change your password using MyFlyerTalk, Edit Email and Password.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Who can we contact about this, now that this user is no longer admin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.