Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks matt , somehow I found myself landside so just printed my BP from one of the machines and went back airside and to the lounge.

I'm sure what you suggested would have been quicker but I had loads of time anyway...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
I no longer know who brought up the topic, bit I can now confirm that WiFi vouchers are now indeed valid for two hours. Furthermore, the voucher size has decreased dramatically (to the size of a business card) and that the restriction of "you may only log in once" has also been lifted. The voucher now tells that "you can log in and out as often as you like".

The complicated procedure of usename and password has been replaced by a single 8 digit voucher code which means that a log in with old vouchers will no longer be possible (just in case one of the "grab as many vouchers as possible"-maximizers are reading this).
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Intercont 2.5h transfer but need a shower

The recent changes at ZRH have made things smoother for most but for my upcoming itinerary I am now more than confused on what best to do.

Transiting through ZRH (ORD-ZRH-BKK) I realize that I can just stay in Terminal E and enjoy the Panorama lounge. BUT, I really would like a shower before getting on a 10.5 hour second leg.

With the new changes to passport control and security, what is my best bet (fastest) for a quick shower? LX Bus in A or B? LX arrivals? I realize I'll probably have to go through a security check or two.

FWIW, traveling in LX C from ORD-ZRH and TG F from ZRH-BKK. Two and a half hours b/t flights. *A gold cardholder. Two persons. Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:17 am

I have a 12 hour layover in between ORD-ZRH and ZRH-HKG flying in F for both segments. Does the F lounge feature a day room to sleep?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: aeroplan
I will be departing ZRH in LX F. Am I correct in thinking I can bring a guest into the F lounge? Also ,do they have to be on the same flight as me, or just carrying an LX boarding card?

(In the spirit of the season, I am thinking of offering to guest in a stranger when I arrive at ZRH)
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by exbrit
I will be departing ZRH in LX F. Am I correct in thinking I can bring a guest into the F lounge? Also ,do they have to be on the same flight as me, or just carrying an LX boarding card?

(In the spirit of the season, I am thinking of offering to guest in a stranger when I arrive at ZRH)
As much I know, the rules for taking in a guest into the F lounge in ZRH are more relaxed than those in FRA/MUC, same day *A BP should work.

However, asking just someone to guest him in might get you weird looks. Most travellers who don't have access to a lounge have no clue about lounges, or how they work.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:08 pm
Suspended

I will be arriving from LX F BOS-ZRH and connecting same day to OS J ZRH-VIE. I have *A gold status (OZ Platinum) next month. Which lounge will I be entitled to use in ZRH? Do I need to clear immigration in ZRH?

Pardon my ignorance but I'm still confused with the various LX lounges. Do they have any lounges that are exclusive and are not accessible for *A Gold departing on *A carrier outside of LX?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: aeroplan
I think to use the term "First class" when talking about the ZRH lounge, is a conflict in terms. I was definitely underwhelmed wth the experience on Thursday night when travelling ZRH-HKG.

Having just come from the luxury of the FCL at MUC, this was definitely a step down. Worn and dirty carpets, cheap seating, and some food in the buffet which was past its sell by date. Then a ride in a "bus" to the flight. Oh very up market!

I would however note it was the exact reverse on the flight itself.Super service, great food, including the much touted Salmon.

If we could get the LH ground experience to combine with the LX airborne treatment, I think we would have something special.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by StarFeat
I will be arriving from LX F BOS-ZRH and connecting same day to OS J ZRH-VIE. I have *A gold status (OZ Platinum) next month. Which lounge will I be entitled to use in ZRH? Do I need to clear immigration in ZRH?

Pardon my ignorance but I'm still confused with the various LX lounges. Do they have any lounges that are exclusive and are not accessible for *A Gold departing on *A carrier outside of LX?
In your case, it's pretty simple. Arriving in F: F lounge

You'll clear immigration (into Schengen, no more checks after that in VIE) after the littletrain ride from Terminal E (no arrival support for F pax in ZRH) which usually is rather quick, then proceed towards "Transfers" -> to the A gates. The LX F lounge is (upstairs) just very near the A gates, for you it's no detour at all. (The flight to VIE will be from one of the A gates, either finger or bus)

ZRH is, despite all the "improvements", still rather easy to navigate. Don't expect too much from the F lounge, it's not up to FRA/MUC level from what I heard.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
If we could get the LH ground experience to combine with the LX airborne treatment, I think we would have something special.
I agree with that ^
10 days ago I was driven to Terminal E from the lounge in a cheap bus... I wonder if all Mercedes-Benz were taken...
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:54 am
Suspended

some food in the buffet which was past its sell by date.
You clearly didn't try the sit-down restaurant, where the food is excellent.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
In your case, it's pretty simple. Arriving in F: F lounge

You'll clear immigration (into Schengen, no more checks after that in VIE) after the littletrain ride from Terminal E (no arrival support for F pax in ZRH) which usually is rather quick, then proceed towards "Transfers" -> to the A gates. The LX F lounge is (upstairs) just very near the A gates, for you it's no detour at all. (The flight to VIE will be from one of the A gates, either finger or bus)

ZRH is, despite all the "improvements", still rather easy to navigate. Don't expect too much from the F lounge, it's not up to FRA/MUC level from what I heard.
Thanks for the response.

So to my understanding, any pax arriving from LX F regardless which *A airline they are connecting to, regardless of the cabin class they are connecting to (as long as it is *A of any carrier), and regardless of their *A status have access to the LX F lounge in ZRH?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StarFeat
Thanks for the response.

So to my understanding, any pax arriving from LX F regardless which *A airline they are connecting to, regardless of the cabin class they are connecting to (as long as it is *A of any carrier), and regardless of their *A status have access to the LX F lounge in ZRH?
As long as it is a sameday flight, Yes.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM,*G,HH Diamond,SPG Gold,FairmontPlatinum
Am arriving in F to ZRH and connecting to J for TLV. Can I use the F lounge? Will they drive me to the gate for my TLV flight in J?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: baec, m&m
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
You clearly didn't try the sit-down restaurant, where the food is excellent.
We'll be heading through the FCL soon, do we need to contact to make reservation or is it on a first come basis? We'll be going through early evening so I imagine a lot of others will also be in the mood for a meal rather that snack. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.