Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
What is the biggest difference between the First and Senator lounges?

I figure we can use the First lounge, but not sure...

Flying on rewards tickets. IAD-ZRH in LX F, then ZRH-IST in LX C (two class aircraft)

Cheers
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by inthemix
What is the biggest difference between the First and Senator lounges?

I figure we can use the First lounge, but not sure...

Flying on rewards tickets. IAD-ZRH in LX F, then ZRH-IST in LX C (two class aircraft)

Cheers
SWISS does not fly to Washington...
But if they did and if you were booked in First, you would have access to First Class lounge.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by thyeri
SWISS does not fly to Washington...
But if they did and if you were booked in First, you would have access to First Class lounge.
They have a codeshare with United, so as it's not LX Metal, the choice is either the LX Business Lounge, or, if *G, the SEN Lounge.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by matt in france
They have a codeshare with United, so as it's not LX Metal, the choice is either the LX Business Lounge, or, if *G, the SEN Lounge.
But how can you have a reward ticket booked on 'LX F', if it is on United metal?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by thyeri
But how can you have a reward ticket booked on 'LX F', if it is on United metal?
I don't know... I'm just saying there is an LX Flight number that operates ZRH-IAD (there's also one on GVA-IAD, for that matter...)
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:04 am

Sorry for the confusion. I am flying YUL-ZRH. Was getting it confused with another upcoming trip through IAD on LH.

Cheers
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:59 am

Sorry for the confusion. I am flying YUL-ZRH. Was getting it confused with another upcoming trip through IAD on LH.

Cheers
Ok, so you can access the F Lounge between your F arrival from YUL and same day C departure to IST. Just be aware you need to pass through Schengen immigration to access it, and you emmigrate again when you board your IST flight.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:29 am

Is the F lounge worth the hassle of security vs. the Senator lounge? I'm used to Air Canada lounges to give you a reference point.

Cheers
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Is the F lounge worth the hassle of security vs. the Senator lounge? I'm used to Air Canada lounges to give you a reference point.
When are you travelling? If before the end of November there is no non-Schengen Senator lounge, so your only options are the First Class Lounge or the Senator/Business Lounge which are both in Schengen on the other side of passport control. (There is also the Panorama Lounge in Pier E for pax who need but don't have a Schengen visa.) You will be driven to your IST flight from the FCL.

You'll have to go through security if you arrive from a non-Schengen country whether you visit a lounge or not.

If after 1st December when the new non-Schengen Senator Lounge opens you should be able to go there from Pier E without going through passport control (but you will have to clear security). I have no idea what arrangements there will be for pax getting to their departure gate in Pier B from the FCL.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
I have 4 hours to kill at ZRH en route LHR-MCT travelling in LX Business, 08:40 to 12:45 in October.

From what I read here, I have the choice of Panorama Lounge in Pier E (from whence I leave for MCT); Swiss Business (second floor Terminal A in Schengen area); and even the Swiss Arrivals lounge? I thought I might do an hour or so in Swiss Business and thence to the Panorama…

However, although I have previously been allowed through into the Schengen Area to use the First Lounge en-route JNB, I now see that both the Swiss website and the Zurich Airport one says:
“If you are in transit from a Non-Schengen airport to a Non-Schengen destination you may only visit the Panorama lounge in Pier E.”

Is this really so?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:58 pm

Charlie Whiskey: If you're allowed by your passport to enter Schengen (or have a Schengen Visa) then you're perfectly allowed into the Main Swiss C lounge.

However, it's not much special, and you might prefer the Panorama lounge, for some plane spotting.

Given you've enough time, I would head to the Swiss Lounge first, have some croissants with butter and jam, then eventually move to the Panorama lounge, which afaik got a bit more different breakfast items - last time I was there, they had the "Panorama Café" just as an extension (to enter there, get the pass at the regular entrance) on the other side - it offered apparently a bit different food items. Still nothing spectacular, but at least a bit different afaik.

Then, do some plane spotting (there won't be any food for a while after breakfast and before lunch) - there will be some lunch before 12am - I think it starts at 11am, but it's usually just one hot item - some days, it's really nice and tasty, some days it's quite "meeeeh".

Also, they still don't have the Mövenpick deepfreezer in the Panorama lounge, so make sure to get your sweets in the Swiss Lounge It's behind/next to the computer area, quite hidden..
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:11 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
I have 4 hours to kill at ZRH en route LHR-MCT travelling in LX Business, 08:40 to 12:45 in October.

From what I read here, I have the choice of Panorama Lounge in Pier E (from whence I leave for MCT); Swiss Business (second floor Terminal A in Schengen area); and even the Swiss Arrivals lounge? I thought I might do an hour or so in Swiss Business and thence to the Panorama…

However, although I have previously been allowed through into the Schengen Area to use the First Lounge en-route JNB, I now see that both the Swiss website and the Zurich Airport one says:
“If you are in transit from a Non-Schengen airport to a Non-Schengen destination you may only visit the Panorama lounge in Pier E.”

Is this really so?
If you don't need a visa to enter Schengen you can of course go through passport control to visit the Swiss Business lounge (and go through pasport control again on leaving the lounge) but I don't honestly think it's worth your while. From the bus arrival gate in B you can go straight to the Skymetro platform for a short ride to Pier E.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Many thanks to both YuropFlyer and NewbieRunner.

I don’t need a visa so I shall probably go walkabout, grazing en route. Mὂvenpick ice cream for breakfast would be a first…..
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
Mὂvenpick ice cream for breakfast would be a first…..
I am not sure if Mövenpick ice creams are available all year round in the lounge.
At some airports you can only find them in summer.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Flying LX F, can I guest a pax on the same flight in?

Hi,

I will be flying LX F and I was wondering if I am allowed to bring 1 guest with me to the F lounge? I know for LH that is possible.

How is the bar at the F lounge in ZRH? I know it will not be as good as the one at LH F lounge, but is it anything close?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.