Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Both the Arrivals lounge as well as the main LX Business Class lounge are after Schengen zone immigration, and in the main terminal. Your wife would need to take the train from the E gates (where her flights arrive and depart) to the main terminal and back, and go through immigration twice.

If her trip is after December 1st, the new B pier including a new LX lounge in non-Schengen space should be open. No details on amenities etc. yet.

Alternatively, there is the "Bellevue" lounge in the E Gates. It involves no immigration but two security checks to get to.

A search in this forum for "lounge+ZRH" will bring a ton of further info.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
I have a similar question - TLV-ZRH-NCE, with 4 hours in ZRH. I am Star Gold, have a Continental President's Club membership, and am flying in Y. Which lounge would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by yonajon
I have a similar question - TLV-ZRH-NCE, with 4 hours in ZRH. I am Star Gold, have a Continental President's Club membership, and am flying in Y. Which lounge would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
The SEN Lounge is your destination.
You'll arrive at E Dock, then take the Heidi Train to Immigration, where you'll enter Schengen. Then just go up the Escalator 2 Floors, and the SEN/*G Lounge is right there. on your right.
Assuming you're travelling this Month, you will have to clear Security as you approach your Gate in A Dock after the Lounge, though after December 1st, Centralised Security should see you clear Security before hitting Immigration, and therefore allowing you more time in the lounge without having to worry about queues.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
I will be flying FLR-ZRH-ORD in December all with LX. Do the flights to the US fly from the pier B (therefore using the pier B lounge that should reopen in December) or from the pier E (therefore using the panorama lounge)?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ale982
I will be flying FLR-ZRH-ORD in December all with LX. Do the flights to the US fly from the pier B (therefore using the pier B lounge that should reopen in December) or from the pier E (therefore using the panorama lounge)?
All Longhauls are from E Dock. But arriving from Florence, you'll walk past the Main SEN Lounge in A, anyway.
And as it's December, and the Centralised Security will be operational, you'll already be Security cleared, so will only have to complete Schengen emmigration between the Lounge and your Gate (unless the US are still insisting on additional Security Checks?)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by matt in france
(unless the US are still insisting on additional Security Checks?)
And that is definitely a possibility....
Thanks matt in france
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: LH Miles and more, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by ale982
And that is definitely a possibility....
Thanks matt in france
I'd say it's a certainty, some of the US rules (particularly on liquids and shoes) aren't the same as the EU/Swiss ones. Certaily when I've taken US flights from FRA there was an additional check.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Helvknight
I'd say it's a certainty, some of the US rules (particularly on liquids and shoes) aren't the same as the EU/Swiss ones. Certaily when I've taken US flights from FRA there was an additional check.
When we visited (From German Vielfliegerforum) the airport including not-yet-opened facilities in Zurich last weekend, they told as that (theoretically) there could be flights from the new B gate to the US as well, and that there will be no additional security in the E gates.. so, my guess is that ZRH will be "US Safe" coming 1st December (Not that I think US security is anywhere more safe, more the contrary, but it's words not reality anyway)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
so, my guess is that ZRH will be "US Safe" coming 1st December
That's nice!!

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
(Not that I think US security is anywhere more safe, more the contrary, but it's words not reality anyway)
+1 on this!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
LHR-ZRH-TLV

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how I can use the Senator lounge when arriving on a flight from LHR before having to go over to the E gates for my flight to TLV (where my only option is the Panorama lounge).

I'm going to have luggage to collect and check in for my TLV flight (not arriving into ZRH on an LX flight so can't interline the luggage) and have 4 hours between my flights...

Thanks.

Last edited by clubman; Nov 22, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Hi,

Can someone explain to me how I can use the Senator lounge when arriving on a flight from LHR before having to go over to the E gates for my flight to TLV (where my only option is the Panorama lounge).

I'm going to have luggage to collect and check in for my TLV flight (not arriving into ZRH on an LX flight so can't interline the luggage) and have 4 hours between my flights...

Thanks.
If you're arriving on BA, you'll arrive at E Dock, too. Heidi Train to Schengen Immgration, upstairs to Baggage reclaim, get your Bags, exit the Baggage Hall, upstairs to Check-in, drop Bags off, and through to the SEN Lounge.

Though I'm surprised you can't interline BA-LX, I certainly have before (albeit when BA/LX codeshared on LHR-BSL), and I also interlined from BA-SR in the good old days...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks Matt, I didn't realise the BA flights arrive at dock E (only ever flown into ZRH with LX) and I didn' t realise I might be able to interline so I'll ask at check in and see if possible.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:54 am

Thanks Matt, I didn't realise the BA flights arrive at dock E (only ever flown into ZRH with LX) and I didn' t realise I might be able to interline so I'll ask at check in and see if possible.
Yes, even the BA CityFlyer Embraers from LCY get an Airbridge gate at E Dock, which makes a big change from the Bus gates LX uses for all UK Flights.
Although who knows, maybe these Flights will be moved to B Dock from next Month.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matt in france
Though I'm surprised you can't interline BA-LX, I certainly have before (albeit when BA/LX codeshared on LHR-BSL), and I also interlined from BA-SR in the good old days...
You were absolutely right and I asked at check in where they gladly interlined all the way to TLV!

Many thanks for mentioning that as I'm not sure I would have thought of asking otherwise! ^

So how do I get to the Senator lounge now that I don't need to collect any luggage?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:26 am

You were absolutely right and I asked at check in where they gladly interlined all the way to TLV!

Many thanks for mentioning that as I'm not sure I would have thought of asking otherwise! ^

So how do I get to the Senator lounge now that I don't need to collect any luggage?
It should just be a case of following signs for Flight Connections up into the Main Terminal Building. Nb You'll have to clear Schengen immigration to access it, and re-emigrate again afterwards. They might give you a funny look at Border Control (where obviously you'll need your onwards Boarding Pass), as your Flight is back where you came from (ie E Dock), but just say you've a few hours to kill and want to browse the Shops...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.