Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by airoli
Note that occasionally, the YUL flight arrives at the D gates (new pier of the main terminal complex) and not the infield E gates. In this case, it's even easier to get to the LX lounge as no train ride is required. Just follow "A gates" signs.

And in case there is not enough time to go downtown (IRROPS do happen), Sprüngli also has numerous outlets at the airport so no excuse not to bring you Luxemburgerli.
Hi airoli,

LX87 arrived in the E gates on 4/23. So Ms. LFC, took the train into the main terminal, and proceeded to the FCL which was easy to find as the signage was, according to her, straight forward.

It was cold rainy morning in ZRH, but she did find time to take the train into city centre. She walked around for a little bit, found the Sprungli outlets, and got a few boxes Luxemburgerli & trufffles.

Hopefully there will be some left for me when I arrive in TPE this week-end.

Best,

LFC
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
FTL ZRH-LCY: which lounge?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but am flying ZRH-LCY next week. Seems LCY flights depart from dock E, right? Am getting a bit confused with info saying non-Schengen flights depart from dock B...

So I guess my choice is between the main FTL lounge or the Panorama. Are they much the same? Should I just go straight to Panorama and relax, or is it worth sitting at the main Business Lounge and then making a last minute dash for the E gates? Haven't been to ZRH in 1 year so not sure if anything's changed since...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa
Sorry if this has been asked before, but am flying ZRH-LCY next week. Seems LCY flights depart from dock E, right? Am getting a bit confused with info saying non-Schengen flights depart from dock B...

So I guess my choice is between the main FTL lounge or the Panorama. Are they much the same? Should I just go straight to Panorama and relax, or is it worth sitting at the main Business Lounge and then making a last minute dash for the E gates? Haven't been to ZRH in 1 year so not sure if anything's changed since...
Yes, there have been changes. Flights to LCY depart from D gates. The most convenient lounge is the non-Schengen D business lounge which is more or less where it used to be but now after security.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, there have been changes. Flights to LCY depart from D gates. The most convenient lounge is the non-Schengen D business lounge which is more or less where it used to be but now after security.
THanks - just realized I had mistakenly looked at the BA flights to LCY on ZRH website... D lounge it is then!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
luvFclass:

1) She arrives in Terminal E. The LX F lounge is in Terminal A. The exit is in/at Terminal A, anyway, it's not a big detour. Pretty easy, just take the Heidi train (only connection, anyway) to Terminal A, then follow the signs which read "Connections" (not baggage) - once in the regular Terminal A (departures) just follow the signs to the LX F lounge.
If one does this, how do they get back out past immigration and security?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by RafKa
THanks - just realized I had mistakenly looked at the BA flights to LCY on ZRH website... D lounge it is then!
ZRH website only seems to show BA flights if you search for departures to LCY. You'll have to search for LON to get LX flights.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
If one does this, how do they get back out past immigration and security?
I'm quite often doing this myself (When having a flight in the evening, I'm having lunch in the lounge at the airport, as I do only need 8min by public transport from my workplace to the airport) - from the lounge, you just follow the exit signs.

You pass through the "doors of no return" just as you've been arriving, then through baggage pickup and customs. There is no immigration/security on the way out. (I got once stopped at the customs at the exit, where I simply told them what I was doing, and they thought it was crazy, but of course let me through)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
I'm quite often doing this myself (When having a flight in the evening, I'm having lunch in the lounge at the airport, as I do only need 8min by public transport from my workplace to the airport) - from the lounge, you just follow the exit signs.

You pass through the "doors of no return" just as you've been arriving, then through baggage pickup and customs. There is no immigration/security on the way out. (I got once stopped at the customs at the exit, where I simply told them what I was doing, and they thought it was crazy, but of course let me through)
Thanks for that. I have a similar situation to the previous post so will look forward to heading to the FCL for breakfast then into the City for the day before the LX flight to BKK.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 am

YUL-ZRH-BCN

I'm arriving from YUL (LX87) and transferring to BCN (LX1952).

Does anybody know how far the gates will be and if there is a lounge in the middle. I only have a 1 hour connection and need (well, want) to take a shower so I'm hoping there will be a lounge conveniently located for me.

I'm *G and flying in business.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by killuminati
I'm arriving from YUL (LX87) and transferring to BCN (LX1952).

Does anybody know how far the gates will be and if there is a lounge in the middle. I only have a 1 hour connection and need (well, want) to take a shower so I'm hoping there will be a lounge conveniently located for me.

I'm *G and flying in business.
You'll arrive E gates, take Heidi train, follow transit signs towards "A gates", use the LX SEN lounge in the main terminal (A gates), then fly from one of the A gates close to the lounge (If A6x very close, if A8x a bit of a walk, but not more than 5-7mins). If the incoming flight is on time, 1 hour should just be enough for a quick shower. Ask at lounge reception for the key.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:13 am

You'll arrive E gates, take Heidi train, follow transit signs towards "A gates", use the LX SEN lounge in the main terminal (A gates), then fly from one of the A gates close to the lounge (If A6x very close, if A8x a bit of a walk, but not more than 5-7mins). If the incoming flight is on time, 1 hour should just be enough for a quick shower. Ask at lounge reception for the key.
Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by killuminati
Thanks!
Good luck! You will need to clear security before boarding the train and passport control after the train.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Good luck! You will need to clear security before boarding the train and passport control after the train.
He's travelling business class, so most probably there will be 0 lines at the security (is YUL not considered safe in ZRH? If the american joke TSA is "safe", then the Canadian flights where they do have real security definitely should be..) and passport control should be quick too. I've never seen a queue longer than 5 minutes, and I've not been arriving in C and therefore been out first always.. 1 hour from arrival/door open to departure should mean around 20-30min in the lounge, which is enough time for a shower, at least for me.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:48 pm

He's travelling business class, so most probably there will be 0 lines at the security (is YUL not considered safe in ZRH? If the american joke TSA is "safe", then the Canadian flights where they do have real security definitely should be..) and passport control should be quick too. I've never seen a queue longer than 5 minutes, and I've not been arriving in C and therefore been out first always.. 1 hour from arrival/door open to departure should mean around 20-30min in the lounge, which is enough time for a shower, at least for me.
As discussed in another thread all arrivals in E must clear security unless ZRH is their destination. In my experience they usually open door 1 first and let F pax off before opening door 2.

Canada is not an OSS country AFAIK but since they can't apparently separate pax from safe and unsafe countries everybody has to go through security.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
is YUL not considered safe in ZRH? If the american joke TSA is "safe", then the Canadian flights where they do have real security definitely should be...
Paradoxically, there's no Transfer Security at YYZ arriving from the US and connecting to ZRH. So if you were flying say MSP-YYZ-ZRH-MXP, you'd have TSA Security at departure, and nothing else except in ZRH.

Although, maybe the clincher is whether or not other international transit Pax at Canadian Airports have to go through Transit Security (IIRC, there's no differentiation between arriving from the US or arriving from ZRH [however I've gone straight to a landside Hotel every time I've flown there ex-Europe]), so maybe the lack of Canadian OSS is because there could be 'unscreened' Transit Pax from South America or the Far East onboard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.