Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by martin_d
I'm flying into ZRH from EDI arriving at 13:05 and then have a long wait until my flight to Hong Kong at 22:45 in Business. Are there any day rooms available to Business class customers? And what would be the best lounge to use?

Thanks

Martin
No rooms available in C lounges, I'm afraid. You can either use the LX C lounge in the main building (which is ok-ish, but certainly not for such a long stay) or go for the Panorama Lounge at Dock E which is slightly superior in my eyes.

But, as you've almost half a day, why not go to downtown Zürich, enjoy the lake/river/city if weather allows? Unless, you've been lots of times to Switzerland, it's quite a nice day trip and not even expensive. On a nice spring/summer day, much better than 10 hours in lounges at the airport (OK, I would do 10 hours in the EK or LX F lounge )
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
I've just booked my first redemption with LX and will be travelling:

LHR - ZRH in C [1.35 hr layover]
ZRH - LAX in C

LAX - ZRH in C [2.50 hr layover]
ZRH - LHR in C

I haven't travelled with Swiss before - and don't travel in premium cabins a lot - so wanted to make the most of the experience.

I don't have any status with M&M or *A.

I've checked the *A website to find out which eligible lounges I can use and have suggested some below. In case there's something I've missed I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest:

1. the best lounges to use at LHR (outbound) [ - can I use the Great British Lounge?], ZRH (both ways) [ - Swiss Business lounge at T1?] and LAX (return) [ - *A Business Lounge in TBIT?]; and

2. On my return leg, is there a lounge at ZRH I could shower in [ - Swiss Business Lounge at T1?], or an arrivals lounge at LHR with showers?

Thanks ^
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by taff_2003
I've just booked my first redemption with LX and will be travelling:

LHR - ZRH in C [1.35 hr layover]
ZRH - LAX in C

LAX - ZRH in C [2.50 hr layover]
ZRH - LHR in C

1. the best lounges to use at LHR (outbound) [ - can I use the Great British Lounge?],
Yes, you can use the Great British Lounge or the *A lounge.

ZRH (both ways) [ - Swiss Business lounge at T1?] and LAX (return) [ - *A Business Lounge in TBIT?]; and
Since your flight to LAX departs from Dock E, it might be better to head towards the Panorama Lounge. Haven't been to the TBIT in LAX.

2. On my return leg, is there a lounge at ZRH I could shower in [ - Swiss Business Lounge at T1?], or an arrivals lounge at LHR with showers?
No arrivals lounge in LHR but both the Schengen Business lounge and non-Schengen lounge in ZRH have showers. The ZRH arrivals lounge will unfortunately be closed by the time your flight arrives.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No rooms available in C lounges, I'm afraid. You can either use the LX C lounge in the main building (which is ok-ish, but certainly not for such a long stay) or go for the Panorama Lounge at Dock E which is slightly superior in my eyes.

But, as you've almost half a day, why not go to downtown Zürich, enjoy the lake/river/city if weather allows? Unless, you've been lots of times to Switzerland, it's quite a nice day trip and not even expensive. On a nice spring/summer day, much better than 10 hours in lounges at the airport (OK, I would do 10 hours in the EK or LX F lounge )
Thanks, downtown Zurich it is then! Anyone know where the Hong Kong flight leaves from, is the Panorama lounge at Dock E or the one in the main building the most convenient?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
I am flying STR-ZRH-TLV in C class. I have about a 2.5 hour layover in ZRH and naturally I will use lounge access. However, I am unsure which one would be the best? What would people recommend? Also, there is much talk about the Panaroma lounge, however, on Swiss.com there is no mention of such a lounge. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by martin_d
Thanks, downtown Zurich it is then! Anyone know where the Hong Kong flight leaves from, is the Panorama lounge at Dock E or the one in the main building the most convenient?
AFAIK all longhaul flights leave from Dock E.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by mashlakito
I am flying STR-ZRH-TLV in C class. I have about a 2.5 hour layover in ZRH and naturally I will use lounge access. However, I am unsure which one would be the best? What would people recommend? Also, there is much talk about the Panaroma lounge, however, on Swiss.com there is no mention of such a lounge. Am I missing something here?
The Panorama lounge is not operated by LX, hence no mention by LX? But LX C pax can certainly use it.
http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...460_read-2521/
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers
The Panorama Lounge is operated by Swissport rather than Swiss, hence no mention on swiss.com. It's the only Lounge in the E Dock, and you can find out more here: http://www.panoramalounge.ch/

STR will arrive at Pier A (possibly a bus gate), so you'll pass the Main LX Lounge going for your Transfer. You can stop there for an hour or so, then take the Heidi Train to E Dock for your TLV Flight (remembering to leave time for Schengen emmigration and Security, which should take no more than half an hour max), then relax in the Panorama Lounge until your Flight is called. ^
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
AFAIK all longhaul flights leave from Dock E.
They have to, really, seeing as how the only other non-Schengen gates are all Bus gates...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The Panorama lounge is not operated by LX, hence no mention by LX? But LX C pax can certainly use it.
http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...460_read-2521/
Many thanks. And would you happen to know what the Panorama lounge offers that's so special compared to the "regular" business lounges? Is there a link where I can find what's offered such as showers, free WLAN, snacks, etc.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:43 pm

Many thanks. And would you happen to know what the Panorama lounge offers that's so special compared to the "regular" business lounges? Is there a link where I can find what's offered such as showers, free WLAN, snacks, etc.
There are no Showers, but free WLAN, and a Buffet - get more info at the link I posted above. .
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by matt in france
There are no Showers, but free WLAN, and a Buffet - get more info at the link I posted above. .
Apologies...How did I miss your previous post, is beyond me..Guess its time for me to call it quits for the night.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by matt in france
They have to, really, seeing as how the only other non-Schengen gates are all Bus gates...
Some longhaul flights use bus gates in FRA... so why not in ZRH?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:50 am

The Panorama lounge does have something like an "addition" outside of it, where they actually have more different kind of foods, at least this was the case during late breakfast time (9-11am) - they'll stamp your boarding pass when you go into the Panorama lounge, with that stamp you can use the addition (which is basically just opposite the lounge, also on the 2nd floor)
Old Apr 19, 2011, 7:35 am

confirm i've read this right

Just to confirm I've read everything correctly:

YUL-ZRH LX F, connect ZRH-FRA LH business (its a FC Tix), 3 hr connect (ugh)......I will arrive at E in ZRH, take the train to terminal/passport control, once passed there head up escalator to 2nd floor and have access to LX FCL....FRA flight probably leaves from A, short walk from LX FCL....

In FRA can use LH FCL as arrival Lounge (not sure about this one ;-))....or Arrival lounge (although as per LH website even that may be iffy as the flight is a euro flight?)....

TIA as always

BOB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.