Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silverlim
Hope someone can answer
1) Arriving on LX F from YUL to ZRH, connecting onward on LX J to FRA, will I be able to access the ZRH F lounge?
2) I have 10hr layover in ZRH before my connecting flight, I would like to check out the city itself, will I able to access the F lounge twice (once upon arrival and second upon returning from the city before my connecting flight)

Thanks
Yes.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:03 am

For once will have a lunch-flight tomorrow out of ZRH, question: How long does the Swiss lounge (the FTL..) have breakfast on offer?

I might either arrive there 9.30 or 10.00, so if they got breakfast till 10am, I'll take the earlier one, if till 10.30am or only till 9.30am the later one..
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:19 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Greetings everyone --

Currently have the following ticket booked and am curious as to if I'm eligible for F lounge access in ZRH with the following itinerary:
IAH-FRA (LH F)
FRA-ZRH (LH C)
ZRH-IST (TK C)
Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Website of Panorama Lounge in Dock E: http://panoramalounge.cobolt-preview.ch/
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
My third time transferring through Zurich and each time I seem to have made lounge access more difficult than it should be:

Trip one (arriving from lcy then off to jfk) ended up going out land side to get to first class lounge: was there a better way?

Trip 2 (arriving from lcy then iff to bos) ended up traversing security three times to find the e gate lounge (went to USA side, ten back through other side to get to lounge) then back to USA side. Ok so I know now

Trip 3 (right now- arrived from bos now off to lhr) seem to have missed lounge alltogether and am sitting in overcrowded hell at gate! Did I miss the lounge?

IT's not the easiest is it?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Trip one (arriving from lcy then off to jfk) ended up going out land side to get to first class lounge: was there a better way?
You don't have to go "landside", but you do have to immigrate into Schengen space after coming from LCY, then head up the escalator within the "airside center" after immigration to find the F lounge. From there, it's another passport control to leave Schengen space, and one (if you take the train) or two (if you take the limo) security checks until you're on your plane to JFK.
Trip 3 (right now- arrived from bos now off to lhr) seem to have missed lounge alltogether and am sitting in overcrowded hell at gate! Did I miss the lounge?
Apparently so. There is an LX lounge near the B gates from which you are departing. It's to the left in the back before you go down the escalator and through security for the B gates.
IT's not the easiest is it?
Definitely not. Hopefully with centralized security controls and the new B pier (2012?), things will get better again.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:27 pm

Greetings from the Panorama Lounge @ Dock E

Just a question (I'm rather seldom using this lounge, as most my flights are only European): Is it new that you can access both sides (E16-46, E47-EXX) from the lounge, so it doesn't matter if you should go left or right from the Metro?

Just see now the directions, and apparently both directions are possible.

Still an hour to wait.. well, another Feldschlösschen will fit in
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Just a question (I'm rather seldom using this lounge, as most my flights are only European): Is it new that you can access both sides (E16-46, E47-EXX) from the lounge, so it doesn't matter if you should go left or right from the Metro?
After ca. 4pm, when the last US-bound flight has left, the partition in the middle of the terminal is raised and all E gates become interconnected.

Before 4pm, you'll have to go towards the E47 security check to get to the lounge.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Lounge access question

Hi,

I am flying GVA-ZRH-YUL in First Class soon and a friend of mine will be traveling in Business Class CDG-ZRH-YUL. Am I allowed to bring her with me to the First Class lounge? I checked on SWISS.com but it says access: SWISS First without any other indication...

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thyeri
Hi,

I am flying GVA-ZRH-YUL in First Class soon and a friend of mine will be traveling in Business Class CDG-ZRH-YUL. Am I allowed to bring her with me to the First Class lounge? I checked on SWISS.com but it says access: SWISS First without any other indication...

Thanks in advance
Yes- You can bring one guest.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:55 pm

My last time in ZRH I went to the LX SEN lounge, but found that pretty disappointing (the lack of showers, esp). Someone has told me that the LX C lounge has showers. Is that better than the SEN lounge?
What is the best lounge available to SEN flying C at ZRH (doesn't matter if I have to pass through Schengen immigrations).
Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by CSingh
My last time in ZRH I went to the LX SEN lounge, but found that pretty disappointing (the lack of showers, esp). Someone has told me that the LX C lounge has showers. Is that better than the SEN lounge?
SEN lounge has a bit more food choice than C lounge.
C lounge is bigger and only on one floor as the SEN lounge is over 2 floors.
Both lounges are pretty similar though.
Showers are indeed in the C lounge, just ask at the front desk for access. You can have a shower and then head back to the SEN lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ngfan
Website of Panorama Lounge in Dock E: http://panoramalounge.cobolt-preview.ch/
But wouldn't it be a bit more international for the page to offer languages other than German? This is presumably what used to be called the Bellevue lounge? I don't see the difference...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
SEN lounge has a bit more food choice than C lounge.
C lounge is bigger and only on one floor as the SEN lounge is over 2 floors.
Both lounges are pretty similar though.
Well, I found yesterday's C food choice a bit disappointing - they had Penne alla Carbonara that tasted of nothing; only a single choice of bread (standard white bread), some fruit and the usual gummy bears, rice crackers and peanuts, along with After Eight chocolates (LH seem to have a promo with them as they also had them in DUS).

You should be aware that you can only get back from the C lounge (coming from both the showers and the smoking area which is also shared between C and SEN on the upper level) with the help of staff. On the lower level (showers) they need to open the door with RFID keys, on the upper level (smoking area and bar) you'll have to ask the bartender to open the door by a remote control (and expect having to hurriedly run towards the door as it only stays open for a few seconds, seen this several times yesterday).

By the way: Does anybody know where to get a WiFi voucher for the lounge? The payment page upon connecting has an option for "Swiss Lounge Voucher payment", but I were too lazy to run down to the reception to ask...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
By the way: Does anybody know where to get a WiFi voucher for the lounge? The payment page upon connecting has an option for "Swiss Lounge Voucher payment", but I were too lazy to run down to the reception to ask...
Reception gives them to you. As they are good for 30 minutes each, you may want to ask for two if you plan to be online for more than 30 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.