Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Leon1980
Hey guys,

My parents will be travelling in LX F ZRH-ORD, and i will be in C. Will I be granted access as a guest to the Zurich first class lounge? Thanks.
as you probably checked as well, the LX website doesn't say anything about guests. Going by LH website, one guest + spouses as well as children under 18 flying on the same flight

Last edited by jmw2323; Apr 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:44 pm

I know I'm allowed one guest to the First Class Lounge if I'm holding a F-Class ticket on Swiss. I read somewhere that the guest "has (theoretically) to be on the same flight". Can anyone elaborate whether this is actually a requirement??
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Lounge Access on F Award?

I'm going to use some BD miles to get from ZRH to NRT in October. According to the ANA tool only F awards are available right now. So I guess, I might as well go for it.
I know that with some airlines you cannot use the First Class lounge when you are on an award. How about the LX lounge in ZRH?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
as long as you hold a F boarding pass, you may use the lounge - no difference if award or paid booking.
Old May 6, 2010, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I know I'm allowed one guest to the First Class Lounge if I'm holding a F-Class ticket on Swiss. I read somewhere that the guest "has (theoretically) to be on the same flight". Can anyone elaborate whether this is actually a requirement??
Forget " Theoretical " , same flight is a must.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:57 pm

Really? So if I'm flying ZRH-JFK in F and my friend is on ZRH-ORD in Y, there's no lounge we can use together??

Originally Posted by seat 1a
Forget " Theoretical " , same flight is a must.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:59 pm

Also that contradicts the Star policy:

" * Eligible guests: International First, Star Alliance Gold and Eligible Paid Lounge Membership customers are entitled to one guest
* The guest must enter the designated lounge with the eligible customer
* The guest must also present a boarding card for any same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
"
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Originally Posted by 747-400
Really? So if I'm flying ZRH-JFK in F and my friend is on ZRH-ORD in Y, there's no lounge we can use together??
Old May 9, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Also that contradicts the Star policy:

" * Eligible guests: International First, Star Alliance Gold and Eligible Paid Lounge Membership customers are entitled to one guest
* The guest must enter the designated lounge with the eligible customer
* The guest must also present a boarding card for any same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
"
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Well, the lounge eligible for Star Alliance First Class is the Senator Lounge (LX/LH). So if one passenger is in First on any Star carrier, he can bring a guest that holds a Star boarding pass in any service class but as mentioned, only to the Star Alliance First Class facility.

If one is on a LX/LH First Class ticket and wants to use the Swiss/Lufthansa First Class lounge, one can only bring a guest that is on the same flight.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Well, the lounge eligible for Star Alliance First Class is the Senator Lounge (LX/LH). So if one passenger is in First on any Star carrier, he can bring a guest that holds a Star boarding pass in any service class but as mentioned, only to the Star Alliance First Class facility.

If one is on a LX/LH First Class ticket and wants to use the Swiss/Lufthansa First Class lounge, one can only bring a guest that is on the same flight.

Bizzare! So its also different than the LH policy?

As a HON Circle Member and First Class passenger you may invite one companion into the lounge, as well as family members (spouse/partner, children under 18), provided that they are all flying with you.

If you hold a Lufthansa Senator Card and have Star Alliance Gold status you may invite one guest into the lounge.

Companions must produce a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa/Star Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in.

http://www.lufthansa.com/hu/en/Lounge-variations-and-access?blt_p=HU&blt_l=en&blt_t=Info_and_Services>A t_the_Airport>Lounges&blt_e=Content&blt_n=Related% 20topics&blt_z=Lounge%20variations%20an&blt_c=HU%7 Cen%7CInfo_and_Services%3EAt_the_Airport%3ELounges %7CContent%7CRelated%20topics%7CLounge%20variation s%20an
Old May 10, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
would help if LX lounge section would provide lounge access info. Try sending a msg to LX. I can't imagine their policy being different from LH
Old May 11, 2010, 4:19 pm

I'll be at ZRH for a while, transiting from a non-Schengen to a Schengen flt; both are on LX. I'm flying C and I'm an LH Senator. Which lounge should be the best for me?
Old May 12, 2010, 12:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Will be traveling in F ORD-ZRH and then ZRH-BCN with about an hour and a half connection time. While this probably won't allow for a stop at the LX F Lounge, can I arrange to have LX pick us up at the aircraft and drive us to the lounge and/or connecting flight? If so, do I need to make arrangements ahead of time at the LX ORD station?

Thank you in advance!
Old May 23, 2010, 9:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CSingh
I'll be at ZRH for a while, transiting from a non-Schengen to a Schengen flt; both are on LX. I'm flying C and I'm an LH Senator. Which lounge should be the best for me?
SWISS SEN lounge Terminal A.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...h_lounges.aspx
Old May 23, 2010, 10:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Bizzare! So its also different than the LH policy?
I think LH/LX First Class Lounges are not Star Alliance lounges and therefore LH/LX can make up their own rules regarding guest access regardless of any
*A policy.
Old May 26, 2010, 1:59 am

Location: Tokyo, Hong Kong & Barcelona (not in order of preference)
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat, LH SEN
Hey all

I have my first LX F flight coming up on ZRHHKG (and am very happy about it too). Question, is there a smoking area in the F lounge at ZRH, similar to the bar area in the C/SEN lounges?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.