Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:30 am

Programs: M&M FTL
F Lounge to A01-A10 Gates

I will be flying ZRH-(LX)-FRA-(LH)-HKG // NRT-(LX)-ZRH for the first time in F.

I noticed that the flight to FRA is usually operated by RJ100 and departing form the A01-A10 Bus Gates. Do I have to pass the security check and go to the gate as a normal passenger or is there a special security check after the F-Lounge? Is there any chance for a limousine transfer to the FRA flight?

On the way back I will visit a friend directly after arrival in Zurich and therefore would be happy to take a shower first. As the Arrival Lounge will be closed by the time the NRT-Flight arrives, will I be able to access the F-Lounge again? What happenes to my checked baggage in the meantime?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Subria
I will be flying ZRH-(LX)-FRA-(LH)-HKG // NRT-(LX)-ZRH for the first time in F.

I noticed that the flight to FRA is usually operated by RJ100 and departing form the A01-A10 Bus Gates. Do I have to pass the security check and go to the gate as a normal passenger or is there a special security check after the F-Lounge? Is there any chance for a limousine transfer to the FRA flight?
In case the RJ100 has an apron position, you will be driven to the plane. A PA will guide you through the crew security check and to the limo.
If your RJ100 is docked (that happens regularly, the PA will still guide you to the security post for crew)

Originally Posted by Subria
On the way back I will visit a friend directly after arrival in Zurich and therefore would be happy to take a shower first. As the Arrival Lounge will be closed by the time the NRT-Flight arrives, will I be able to access the F-Lounge again? What happenes to my checked baggage in the meantime?

Thanks for your help!
If the F-lounge is still open, you are allowed to access it and make use of the few showers it has. Let the PA know of your bag situation. They will take it off the conveyor.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've read the last year's worth of posts and thank all for the valuable info. Only a few remaining, minor questions.

*A Gold with US F award ticket PIT-BOS-ZRH-BKK-SGN

BOS-ZRH on LX in C (no F award avail yet)
2:40 layover in ZRH
ZRH-BKK on TG in F

3:35 layover in BKK
BKK-SGN on TG in J (2-class plane)

Questions about ZRH lounges:
1. Looks like LX Sen & Bus lounge access based on *A Gold and C class LX ticket. Term A or B? Schengen or non-Schengen?

2. Where to shower? Is the "arrivals" lounge diff fr Bus lounge w/ showers?

3. Where to hang after shower? Sen or Panorama? I can't seem to find where TG will be leaving from, Term A or E? Food and beverage not critical. Peace, quiet and views more important.

4. Wishful thinking but an "F award" ticket isn't going to get me into the LX FCL, will it? Unrelated but, any hope of F award seat opening on BOS-ZRH?

Thanks in advance! Great thread!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by PittDoc
I've read the last year's worth of posts and thank all for the valuable info. Only a few remaining, minor questions.

*A Gold with US F award ticket PIT-BOS-ZRH-BKK-SGN

BOS-ZRH on LX in C (no F award avail yet)
2:40 layover in ZRH
ZRH-BKK on TG in F

3:35 layover in BKK
BKK-SGN on TG in J (2-class plane)

Questions about ZRH lounges:
1. Looks like LX Sen & Bus lounge access based on *A Gold and C class LX ticket. Term A or B? Schengen or non-Schengen?

2. Where to shower? Is the "arrivals" lounge diff fr Bus lounge w/ showers?

3. Where to hang after shower? Sen or Panorama? I can't seem to find where TG will be leaving from, Term A or E? Food and beverage not critical. Peace, quiet and views more important.

4. Wishful thinking but an "F award" ticket isn't going to get me into the LX FCL, will it? Unrelated but, any hope of F award seat opening on BOS-ZRH?

Thanks in advance! Great thread!
1. Terminal A, both your Flights are non-Schengen; but the non-Schengen B Lounge is just a little affair and I don't think it has showers. Though it does have a view of the Apron, come to think it

2. There are showers in the Business lounge, I haven't had the chance to use the arrivals lounge yet, so can't comment about that.

3. TG will leave from E; If it's views you want, your only choice is really the Panorama Lounge. Unless it's views through Frosted glass of the Shopping concourse you want...

4. Award Ticket or not, only a same day LX or LH F Ticket will get you into the FCL, so no hope with a TG Ticket, unfortunately. Though if you're connecting from an LX F arrival, you may be allowed in (it was discussed recently, no-one's quite sure).
As for award availability opening up, I don't know.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AC* P,Amex pla,FPC,Hyatt Gold
Lounge Question

I will be flying business into ZRH from YUL on Feb 8th and conneting to TG971 to Bangkok. I have 6h 50M layover which i think should give me ample time to take in Zurich. However which lounge i am allowed to use in the event that i do not go into the city and how far are the gates from the lounges?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abdi
I will be flying business into ZRH from YUL on Feb 8th and conneting to TG971 to Bangkok. I have 6h 50M layover which i think should give me ample time to take in Zurich. However which lounge i am allowed to use in the event that i do not go into the city and how far are the gates from the lounges?
TG leaves from Dock E where you can use the Panorama (neé Bellevue) Lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
do a stop at the radisson in the airport and watch the angel flying :-)
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AC* P,Amex pla,FPC,Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
TG leaves from Dock E where you can use the Panorama (neé Bellevue) Lounge.
Where does LX come in? and if i do go into the city where do i check in at on my return to the airport
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abdi
Where does LX come in? and if i do go into the city where do i check in at on my return to the airport
I think all intercontinental flights use Dock E.

Check the ZRH website for check-in information.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
Hey there,

Some questions about the First Class Lounge in ZRH. We are arriving from YUL in Swiss F at 0625 and departing for HKG at 2240 (also in F). We are planning on getting out of the airport to see Zurich. Can we get access to a day room that can be used for showers and changing and keeping our things while we go visit Zurich? Would you suggest we have dinner in the lounge or in flight?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by toflyer
Hey there,

Some questions about the First Class Lounge in ZRH. We are arriving from YUL in Swiss F at 0625 and departing for HKG at 2240 (also in F). We are planning on getting out of the airport to see Zurich. Can we get access to a day room that can be used for showers and changing and keeping our things while we go visit Zurich? Would you suggest we have dinner in the lounge or in flight?

Thanks!
Sure you can use the lounge to freshen up, but if you're heading into the city you'll need to store your stuff in left luggage, landside. Plenty of places to have dinner in the city, but the food in the lounge restaurant is pretty good too. I can't remember what time it is they start serving the proper sit down affair - rather than snacks from the fridge.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
By the way... a few months ago, someone posted that the WiFi vouchers you'll get at the lounge reception are only valid for 30 minutes - the voucher I received last week was valid for an entire hour. However, the connection is closed after 10 minutes of idle time, and "only one login per voucher" is possible, so if you are using the voucher to keep your smartphone online, you should ensure that the sync interval is set to less than 10 minutes (or get another voucher).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:32 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Not sure about the arrival lounge, but I would give it a try at least. Worst thing that could happen is you've to shop for your breakfast at Migros
Just for general future reference, I had no problems accessing the Arrivals Lounge as an FTL arriving on AC this morning. ^
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:00 pm

I'll be flying TLV-ZRH-YUL on LX. Some 4 hours to kill at ZRH. As a C passenger and a *G, I reckon there are quite a few options, including the Arrivals lounge. How should I pass the time? I don't mind going through immigration if required to access a recommended lounge.

So:

- In which lounge should I shower?
- In which lounge should I have breakfast?
- In which lounge should I take a nap?
- In which lounge should I have lunch?

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:05 am

I'm flying into ZRH from EDI arriving at 13:05 and then have a long wait until my flight to Hong Kong at 22:45 in Business. Are there any day rooms available to Business class customers? And what would be the best lounge to use?

Thanks

Martin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.