Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by goliath
Yes, significantly. Like all seats in rows 4 and 6.
thanks. Which is better? Are bassinets reason to avoid?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Define "better". What are your preferences?
6G is enclosed on both sides, but you have a direct seat neighbour. 6K is a single window seat that is open towards the aisle.

I csn't comment on the bassinet question.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:27 pm

Quick question, I read in an online review that the first three rows of the Swiss' second version of the Airbus 321, have 3-4 extra inches of space. Do you know whether this is true?

Originally Posted by MichielR

The best way to answer this is that they have less legroom but more kneespace.

While the bulkheads don’t allow a stretch of legs under the non-existent seat in front, there is no knee bumping either.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Any thoughts as to best seats for a couple on the 777, ZRH/SFO in Business? Can't tell if window/aide with smaller table is more intimate, or if the centers are better as they seem wider, but not as easy to talk to your partner? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: Chase, United
My memory is that your relation to partner is the same in either case: same distance between you, same immovable privacy block. Differences seem more that in middle one of you has an additional table; to the side you obviously have a window and are less exposed to others seeing you from all sides. Either way one of you sleeps a bit exposed to the aisle, and for that has a less restrictive feeling footwell; in the middle case the other person’s feet go between two seats, and that’s as restrictive as it gets in this cabin - I don’t have any idea if the footwell next to the window feels less restrictive. Just my hazy memory, apologies if not what you’re looking for.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mbr
This is not at all odd. There is a very good reason for that which many LX frequent flyers know. Expect it to be like that quite often.
Soo.... why?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Booked a Swiss A330-300 Flight with my wife and infant (in-arms) in Business. 6D and 6G were already booked for someone else also with a infant.

The call center had to send our request off to some group in Switzerland to have seats assigned for my wife and I. Apparently only row 6 is acceptable for infant-in-arms. Someone suggested that this is because row 6 is the only one without airbags in the seat belt.

We ended up in 6K and 8K since neither my wife or I have any status right now. 8K was the nearest available seat to 6K.

The call center suggested that I could ask at the airport about switching to 7G or 7K but I doubt very much that the seats would be open by that point.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Are there any opinions for or against Row 1 on the new C-series aircraft? I'm guessing that for Eurobiz, there's more space at the bulkhead but I'm not sure.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Can someone confirm where the bassinet seats are in A330 business class ? I thought it was 6D & 6G but I called SWISS and the agent says the bassinet seat is 6K ??!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by findark
Are there any opinions for or against Row 1 on the new C-series aircraft? I'm guessing that for Eurobiz, there's more space at the bulkhead but I'm not sure.
I don’t usually pick row 1 on a narrow body but ended up in 1A on a recent flight on CS3 following an equipment change. It isn’t bad especially if you are in 1A as you have the whole row (of two seats!) to yourself but I’d still select a non-bulkhead seat.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Dears,

Can some1 plese reccomend me a seat in business in A330? Flying Swiss for the first time, currently booked in 4K, 5K is also availiable ? Any other throne seats that might be better ?
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
Can some1 plese reccomend me a seat in business in A330? Flying Swiss for the first time, currently booked in 4K, 5K is also availiable ? Any other throne seats that might be better ?
Thanks in advance
4K and 5K are not thrones. 4K has a bigger cubbyhole for your feet/legs but has a table between the seat and the window and is therefore close to the aisle. 5K has a table between you and the aisle. It’s a hard choice but I don’t like the small cabin very much as it’s too close to the F cabin.

I was last in 5K unexpectedly on ATH-ZRH and enjoyed it as I wasn’t expecting to be flying on a widebody!

My favourite seat is 7K but I was in 6A (a throne) on two recent overnight flights and found it less claustrophobic than previous times I was in a throne seat.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
4K and 5K are not thrones. 4K has a bigger cubbyhole for your feet/legs but has a table between the seat and the window and is therefore close to the aisle. 5K has a table between you and the aisle. It’s a hard choice but I don’t like the small cabin very much as it’s too close to the F cabin.

I was last in 5K unexpectedly on ATH-ZRH and enjoyed it as I wasn’t expecting to be flying on a widebody!

My favourite seat is 7K but I was in 6A (a throne) on two recent overnight flights and found it less claustrophobic than previous times I was in a throne seat.
Dear Newbie,

thanks a lot! so you say 6A?

Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
[left]

Dear Newbie,

thanks a lot! so you say 6A?
Yes, 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A and 12A are thrones with 4A and 6A having more space for your feet/lower legs.
Kid Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
I haven't read all 60 pages of this thread (I have skimmed about the last 6)- I've got a question along similar lines to this thread: Online Selection of Preferred Seats for Status Pax Not Working

But my question is- are there any preferential seats available for selection to non-Swiss *A Gold members?

I'm TK Elite (*A-Gold) and I *think* my number was applied in my reservation (but I can't find anywhere in manage booking to verify this); and have a 'classic' (i.e. not light) fare booked shorthaul next month. The seats I can select are the same as I could pre-select online (for free, anyway) - is this just the way it is, or is there something I'm missing? I'm a bit of a *A newbie and have never flown LX before.

Any tips about how to get good seats (e.g. exit row or forward cabin) would be greatly appreciated - thanks very much in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.