Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Boarding pass is a tricky one. It can show LX as the flight designator even when the underlying ticket carries the UA flight number. The lounge ladies are not fooled by that: I think they have a list of those entitled to use the lounge under their company's byzantine rules.

For that reason I doubt the mobile BP is a reliable work around if your reservation carries non-SWISS flight numbers.
At that time, the ladies in the lounge (including the supervisor) didn't really know anything about the why and how. No one really did including my TA (who hangs around here on FT as well and is very well informed). Even the FC customer service rep who offered the 300CHF voucher took a day or two to find out what the hell is going on.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by zara
At that time, the ladies in the lounge (including the supervisor) didn't really know anything about the why and how. No one really did including my TA (who hangs around here on FT as well and is very well informed). Even the FC customer service rep who offered the 300CHF voucher took a day or two to find out what the hell is going on.
What was your ticketed flight? LX or UA?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by zara
I did ZRH LAX in F on a United ticket a month or so back. It was all SWISS-kosher, with the ticket issued with LX flight numbers.

But still, those ladies pored over the computers and paperwork before letting me through. I felt a heel, spoiling their fun
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:41 pm

Happy to report that my ZRH-FRA-BOS with LH F itinerary worked for the Swiss FCL pier E, as expected. What a lounge
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I did ZRH LAX in F on a United ticket a month or so back. It was all SWISS-kosher, with the ticket issued with LX flight numbers.

But still, those ladies pored over the computers and paperwork before letting me through. I felt a heel, spoiling their fun
Even on an LX-issued F ticket they take forever tapping away on their keyboard before letting you in lol...I don't know why they can't just scan your BP like every other airline in the world..?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
even on an lx-issued f ticket they take forever tapping away on their keyboard before letting you in lol...i don't know why they can't just scan your bp like every other airline in the world..?

because it's SWISS !
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Very interesting post by Swiss Lurker.
Another enhancement by Swiss?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28887646-post1901.html
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
What was your ticketed flight? LX or UA?
See #324
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think if the OP is denied entry they would be denied incorrectly in this case.
Any denial of entry based on ticket stock or flight number is incorrect. This is just a misguided policy by LX. If you're flying F, you get F lounge access. The published access rules say "SWISS First, First Class Lufthansa, HON Circle" - no mention of ticket stock or flight coding.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:23 am

Indeed rather silly behavior. Not sure what they want to reach with such weird policy.

Guess having a strong monopoly makes airlines thinking they can do whatever..
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's why every airline bankruptcy, such as the recent Monarch one and the inevitable airberlin disappearance, is another nail in the coffin. It will become like the USA, with high fares, abysmal service and gutted frequent flyer programmes. Look what has just happened over at the Air France KLM Flying Blue FFP: it looks pretty certain that it will be revenue based from next year.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Indeed rather silly behavior. Not sure what they want to reach with such weird policy.

Guess having a strong monopoly makes airlines thinking they can do whatever..
^

mirrors my comment exactly !

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Any denial of entry based on ticket stock or flight number is incorrect. This is just a misguided policy by LX. If you're flying F, you get F lounge access. The published access rules say "SWISS First, First Class Lufthansa, HON Circle" - no mention of ticket stock or flight coding.
I think there's two separate issues. There's the rights (or wrongs) regarding lounge access (whether or not UA F should have access to the LX F lounge), and there's the issue of lounge eligibility.

For me the latter relatively easy to understand. If I buy a ticket on UA9730 I am on United flight UA9730. Not LX9730. On that basis I'm not a SWISS passenger for the purposes of lounge access.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by flyer05
Happy to report that my ZRH-FRA-BOS with LH F itinerary worked for the Swiss FCL pier E, as expected. What a lounge
HAS TO BE THE BEST FIRST LOUNGE ANYWHERE!!!! And the Hote lRooms are amazing! Cant wait for the refurb at A Gates!!!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:59 am

I think there's two separate issues. There's the rights (or wrongs) regarding lounge access (whether or not UA F should have access to the LX F lounge), and there's the issue of lounge eligibility.

For me the latter relatively easy to understand. If I buy a ticket on UA9730 I am on United flight UA9730. Not LX9730. On that basis I'm not a SWISS passenger for the purposes of lounge access.
Every other airline in the world - at least to my knowledge - bases lounge access on metal flown, not ticket stock/code share flight number..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.