Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:32 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by haglovic
Dear @SwissInternationalAirLines - sorry to bother you with this returning problem:

I booked a direct return flight from ZRH to NRT. Since it is a codeshare flight (I made the booking on the ANA website), I'm not able to reserve seats. I'm 2.02m tall and find it very uncomfortable to sit in a normal seat (and it's not good for the person next to me as well). Usually I give ANA a call and they can reserve the exit seat for me. But they told me, they are not able to since it was a SWISS operated flight. On the phone with SWISS customer care they told me they cannot reserve a seat for me either...

Is there any possibility to have an exit seat reserved for me on the flight to Narita and back? What do I have to do?

Kind regards
Tom
Dear Tom,

Unfortunately this problem still remains. The only option to get an extra legroom seat is to select one during the online check-in process 23h before departure. Of course these are very popular seat so we suggest that you try and do it right when check-in opens.
For future flight, make sure that your flight is booked with the flight number of the operating carrier. That's the only way we're able to help you with your seats at the moment.

We apologize for this frustrating process and hope agreements for seat reservations on codeshare flights will follow soon.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Dear Lurkers,

I have a voucher to be used on Swiss.com but my itinerary cannot be booked online. As this is a consequence of website limitations, will I be able to apply the voucher value if I purchase the ticket over the phone?
Dear mmff,

This varies with the different types of vouchers we have. It's best if you send your request with a copy of your voucher to [email protected]. We'll be able to give you more details that way.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by olivier
Dear SWISS Lurker

Can you give an insight which canton/chef will be featured in the next SWISS Taste of Switzerland cycle?

Thank you.
Hi olivier,

As you may have been able to taste already, the current chef is representing the Canton of Thurgau. Next up starting in December the Canton of Wallis will be covering the winter months.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi There,

My AMS-ZRH-BOS flight was changed to AMS-BOS on Delta. (I do not know
the reason) This was a business class ticket. I am interested in the Original
Routing Credit on United since that will put me over the Star Gold elite level.
I have already opened a customer service request that was acknowledged
via automated response. But there has been no other communication.
1. Will I get the ORC ?
2. When ?
3. How do I follow up ?

Please advise...F.A.
Dear flyalways,

We're sorry to hear about this inconvenient change.
Have you received a response to your request already? If not, please send us your booking reference via private message so we can check what caused the change of flights in your booking.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear flyalways,

We're sorry to hear about this inconvenient change.
Have you received a response to your request already? If not, please send us your booking reference via private message so we can check what caused the change of flights in your booking.

Best regards,

Leslie
Hello Leslie,

I am not interested to know why they changed my flight. I am interested
in Original Routing Credit Mileage on United airlines for this ticket, even
though I did not travel on Swiss. I particularly picked Swiss for my
journey to make it to United elite level.

I have already opened a ticket for it and now need to know how long
it will take for them to resolve it in my favor ? Are we talking days/weeks ?

Let me know...Thanks...F.A.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Dear Lurkers, any update on the cabin refresh for the A340 fleet?
It would be nice to know when to expect new First Class on these aircraft, as in the meantime on those routes I will continue to fly LH
Thank you
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: miles and more
Lyon

Is Lyon discontinued as destination? I just got my flights rebooked.\Thanks L.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I am in GVA completing a trip with the following flights:

01.10.17 PEK-ZRH in F
01.10.17 ZRH-GVA in J
01.10.17 GVA-BRU in J

All flights on 1 ticket.
In GVA I am being refused access to the FCL although (as per above) I am holding a sameday first class ticket.

I have tried completing the form on 'complaints and compliments' on swiss.com but I am unable to complete the 3rd page as I cannot enter a date, hence I am posting it here.

According to the lounge personel (of which one was very friendly and one extremely annoyed, even though I accepted her judgement) FCL access is only granted at the first airport you touch. They called the 'chef' to verify this as they were clueless themselves (again, without me even arguing).
Is this a recent rule change or is this incorrect?

I had a semi identical journey some time ago (SIN-ZRH-GVA-VIE) where I was granted access so I was quite surprised.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
The Wolf
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:53 am

GVA staff was wrong, but unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me very much.

Even in ZRH, sometimes staff is irritated when you access the FCL on the base of an arriving LX F flight. But I've never been refused entry there, in this scenario.
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by flyalways
Hello Leslie,

I am not interested to know why they changed my flight. I am interested
in Original Routing Credit Mileage on United airlines for this ticket, even
though I did not travel on Swiss. I particularly picked Swiss for my
journey to make it to United elite level.

I have already opened a ticket for it and now need to know how long
it will take for them to resolve it in my favor ? Are we talking days/weeks ?

Let me know...Thanks...F.A.
Hi F.A.,

You're welcome to send us your file reference which you received after submitting the online form. We'll check the current status of your case.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I am in GVA completing a trip with the following flights:

01.10.17 PEK-ZRH in F
01.10.17 ZRH-GVA in J
01.10.17 GVA-BRU in J

All flights on 1 ticket.
In GVA I am being refused access to the FCL although (as per above) I am holding a sameday first class ticket.

I have tried completing the form on 'complaints and compliments' on swiss.com but I am unable to complete the 3rd page as I cannot enter a date, hence I am posting it here.

According to the lounge personel (of which one was very friendly and one extremely annoyed, even though I accepted her judgement) FCL access is only granted at the first airport you touch. They called the 'chef' to verify this as they were clueless themselves (again, without me even arguing).
Is this a recent rule change or is this incorrect?

I had a semi identical journey some time ago (SIN-ZRH-GVA-VIE) where I was granted access so I was quite surprised.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
The Wolf
Dear The Wolf,

We spoke to our colleagues at the lounge in Zurich. We got the same information from them as you were given by the lounge staff in Geneva. You're welcome to use the lounge at departure and arrival of the FCL flight. After that it doesn't count as a First Class ticket anymore if you're in between two CCL flights.
Obviously this answer is too late for you since the flight was on Sunday but were you able to go to the Business Lounge and spend some time there?

I guess you were lucky on that other routing, as this has been the rule for a while now.

We're sorry for the inconveniences and hope you still enjoyed your trip.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Dear The Wolf,

We spoke to our colleagues at the lounge in Zurich. We got the same information from them as you were given by the lounge staff in Geneva. You're welcome to use the lounge at departure and arrival of the FCL flight. After that it doesn't count as a First Class ticket anymore if you're in between two CCL flights.
Obviously this answer is too late for you since the flight was on Sunday but were you able to go to the Business Lounge and spend some time there?

I guess you were lucky on that other routing, as this has been the rule for a while now.

We're sorry for the inconveniences and hope you still enjoyed your trip.

Best regards,

Leslie

Dear Leslie,

Thanks for your prompt reply though I (and probably many others) are quite surprised by your reply.
Where can we find this rule / regulation?
You are saying 'for a while now', can you elaborate since when this has been introduced?

To answer your question: yes, we were granted access to the adjoining SEN lounge.

Best Regards
The Wolf
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by LucZRH
Is Lyon discontinued as destination? I just got my flights rebooked.\Thanks L.
Hi L.,

After the 29th October 2017, no more flights will be operating to or from LYS (Lyon). This change was made due to an optimization of the route network.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
...You're welcome to use the lounge at departure and arrival of the FCL flight. After that it doesn't count as a First Class ticket anymore if you're in between two CCL flights.
The ability of SWISS to nit-pick and annoy frequent flyers with its pettiness isn astounding.

You'd think, you'd hope, they'd have better things to do with their well-paid time than come up with small-minded crap like this.
bawm likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
GVA - ATH

Dear Lurker,

I was looking for flights from GVA to ATH for beginning of April and for summer 2018. The only options with Swiss that come up are via Zurich. Are there no direct flights planned anymore (would surprise me after the CSeries introduction in Geneva), or do they still need to be loaded ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.