Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:07 am
Original Poster

I received from Swiss an email regarding access to the First Class Lounge:
Access have just ticket holders of a flight with a Swiss ticket And a booked Swiss flight.

If you are booked on a UA Codeshare (First Class) operated by Swiss you are not allowed to use the First Class Lounge.

If you fly Swiss First Class and you have a Lufthansa ticket you are not allowed to use the First Class Lounge.

I thought there is an agreement between the airlines (Revenue sharing) which forbids such restrictions.

ch möchte nochmals auf meine letzte Antwort verweisen: Zugang zu der SWISS First Class Lounge haben Sie mit einem SWISS Ticket (724…) und auf SWISS gebuchten Flügen (LX…).

In Ihrem Fall haben Sie den SWISS Flug auf der United Airlines Codeshare Registrierung gebucht, das Ticket ist von United Airlines ausgestellt.

Ich hoffe, mit diesen zusätzlichen Informationen zu einer abschliessenden Klärung des Anliegens beigetragen zu haben.

Freundliche Grüsse

RH
Customer Service

Swiss International Air Lines AG
Postfach 2013
CH-8032 Zürich
Tel. +41 61 582 38 ..
SWISS.COM
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

Revenue sharing agreements have nothing to do with this. you are mistaken.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IberiaFF
I thought there is an agreement between the airlines (Revenue sharing) which forbids such restrictions.
You are thinking perhaps of the *A lounge access rules. So long as Swiss designates an F lounge, it is allowed to enforce more selective rules for its ultra-premium lounge. Swiss (like LH) designates the SEN lounge as its *A F lounge and is thus within the *A rules.

SQ does something very similar with its Private Room in SIN (SQ pax only) and LH only allows access to the FCL/FCT if you are flying F on an LH Group flight (or UA GS in UA GF).

The "LX ticket only" restriction is however the very most restrictive of all these policies and has drawn many complaints here.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:20 am

We know that there are some issues with FCL access on UA ticket. There must be a thread about it in the LX forum somewhere.
Apparently (I read it somewhere) LH and M&M were nor aware that LX is behaving that way with UA F tickets op. by LX. We will see…

If you are on an LH ticket (i.e. FRA-ZRH-XXX with ZRH-XXX in LX F), you surely have access to FCL in ZRH !!!
Same if you would be on an OS ticket with a leg in LX F (i.e. VIE-ZRH-XXX with ZRH-XXX in LX F).
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-f-lounge.html
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: LH HON
What seems to be new (and even more brain dead than what has been known before) is that they are limiting it to LX ticket stock (724) and no longer accept 220 stock.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by zara
Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver2002

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-f-lounge.html

What seems to be new (and even more brain dead than what has been known before) is that they are limiting it to LX ticket stock (724) and no longer accept 220 stock.
If true, that would also affect all award tickets by m&m as they are issued on 220 stock...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
After I'd been refused F-lounge entry on a Swiss operated code-share with a revenue ticket, I put together a (very nice) lunch to take on board the SFO flight, complete with a bottle of wine.

On board, the MdC was mortified when I explained I'd been told only SWISS passengers received SWISS service, and so I'd brought my own lunch. She pledged to write a full report. And I enjoyed my picnic.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
After I'd been refused F-lounge entry on a Swiss operated code-share with a revenue ticket, I put together a (very nice) lunch to take on board the SFO flight, complete with a bottle of wine.

On board, the MdC was mortified when I explained I'd been told only SWISS passengers received SWISS service, and so I'd brought my own lunch. She pledged to write a full report. And I enjoyed my picnic.
And this had what impact on policy other than putting the FA in a terrible situation? (And breaking rules since you're not allowed to drink your own booze on board.) There's no suggestion Swiss wasn't offering you wine (or food) on board, so why would you bring your own except to put on a show?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:25 pm

UA ticket?

@adam: +1
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by zara
Entered the F lounge yesterday during transit (arriving on LX F) on a 220 ticket. No problems whatsoever.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:56 pm

Yep, corresponds exactly to what I wrote above a few days ago.

There are issues on UA tickets, not LH,...

I was at FCL on OU ticket (no LX codeshare) recently. Ok, HON status helps.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by curt
Entered the F lounge yesterday during transit (arriving on LX F) on a 220 ticket. No problems whatsoever.
Because you are HON. HON status is falsifying the empirical research.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Adam1222
And this had what impact on policy other than putting the FA in a terrible situation? (And breaking rules since you're not allowed to drink your own booze on board.) There's no suggestion Swiss wasn't offering you wine (or food) on board, so why would you bring your own except to put on a show?
I'm guessing you are being wilfully obtuse - of course I wanted to put on a show!!! That was the point of the exercise. Duh!

Cabin attendants are trained, and paid, to face far greater disasters than a wayward passenger eating his own food....

...and I'm afraid they were guilty of aiding and abetting the flouting of any rules about taking booze on board. They cooled my wine
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Quote:

Originally Posted by curt

Because you are HON. HON status is falsifying the empirical research.
Then again, the official rules still state LX/LH F or HON.

Has anybody really been denied access with a 220 document?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.