Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
Those who've done this recently: any issues clearing Schengen border control holding a ZRH-FRA boarding pass to access the FCL in E pier on the basis of an LH F flight?
No but be prepared for some questions (especially if Non-CH or EFTA or EU passport)
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyer05
Those who've done this recently: any issues clearing Schengen border control holding a ZRH-FRA boarding pass to access the FCL in E pier on the basis of an LH F flight?
done it 2 weeks ago, no issues at all.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Planning LAX-TLV-LAX with LAX-TLV in AC Business Class, returning in First on LX with ZRH-LAX on LX 40 in First and ticketed as LX 40 not a codeshare.

Any issues with FCL access on an 014 AC ticket and an LX flight number?
Had originally planned LAX-TLV on UA but did not want to be denied access because of the 016 UA ticket problem.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:41 pm

Any reason why you need to the AC stock (other then taking one for the team and be the guinea pig)?
It's far out of my reach, but even having to think about this issue would probably make me call Air France... (do they even have a widebody ex TLV)?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lack
Any reason why you need to the AC stock (other then taking one for the team and be the guinea pig)?
It's far out of my reach, but even having to think about this issue would probably make me call Air France... (do they even have a widebody ex TLV)?
Unfortunately, AF flies just the crappy Euro "Business" product ex-TLV, plus no 77W that day from CDG-LAX.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Any issues with FCL access on an 014 AC ticket and an LX flight number?
Had originally planned LAX-TLV on UA but did not want to be denied access because of the 016 UA ticket problem.
I can't answer this for sure but I think you could have a problem here... the original issue wasn't just flight numbers but it was ticket stock too.
As was said above, good 'guinea pig' case for us to see, but don't envy the uncertainty for you guys.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by vantage03
I can't answer this for sure but I think you could have a problem here... the original issue wasn't just flight numbers but it was ticket stock too.
As was said above, good 'guinea pig' case for us to see, but don't envy the uncertainty for you guys.
Ticket stock was an issue because sometimes the boarding pass would only show the LX flight number rather than the UA codeshare number. So the lounge agents would check the ticket to see if it was pure LX or actually UA.

I think if the OP is denied entry they would be denied incorrectly in this case.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Ticket stock was an issue because sometimes the boarding pass would only show the LX flight number rather than the UA codeshare number. So the lounge agents would check the ticket to see if it was pure LX or actually UA.

I think if the OP is denied entry they would be denied incorrectly in this case.
I remember cases being discussed where UA ticket stock with LX flight numbers were still denied entry (that said, I don't have time to go through the whole thread to see).

In any case, I hope you're right as the whole thing is ridiculous.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by vantage03
I remember cases being discussed where UA ticket stock with LX flight numbers were still denied entry (that said, I don't have time to go through the whole thread to see).

In any case, I hope you're right as the whole thing is ridiculous.
It happened to me in 2015: Flight number on BP was LX40, ticket stock was 016 = no entry. At that time I didn't know that the mobile BP could have solved the issue so I walked over to the SEN lounge. Complained later and got a 300CHF restaurant voucher.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Exactly the reason why I didn't even bother to argue when I was refused entry today in GVA on a PEK-ZRH-GVA-BRU fare (all LX flightnumbers and 724 ticketstock). According to the dragons I would only be allowed FCL entry in the first airport being ZRH, despite holding a sameday BP in F and continuing on LX.
I will happily take their compensation.

I can't grasp why LX continues to irritate their premium pax with stupid little things like this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:03 pm

Good question, probably no one really knows within LX why they're - sometimes - behaving like that. Save a penny, cost a pound. Let us know how much the restaurant voucher will be (I got 200 CHF last time they denied access despite better knowledge)

But those that SHOULD know apparently don't care (Lufthansa group management) what's going on. Or they don't know. That would be even worse, actually.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I can't fathom this is something they feel that should not be addressed. But then again, it does not seem to get solved so I guess it's not on their priority list.
I got 300 CHF last time. Frankly speaking today I was a bit more annoyed due to the arrogant tone of one of the dragons, but then again the other one was very nice in her apologetic explanation - albeit wrong.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by zara
It happened to me in 2015: Flight number on BP was LX40, ticket stock was 016 = no entry. At that time I didn't know that the mobile BP could have solved the issue so I walked over to the SEN lounge. Complained later and got a 300CHF restaurant voucher.
Ok, the flight number on the BP was LX40, and it was also LX40 on the ticket? Not a UA codeshare? In that case the lounge was incorrect, and you should have gained entry. Which it seems Swiss acknowledges by giving you the CHF300.

There's more discussion on this thread, including a response from Swiss, regarding access: http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/07/21/s...-class-lounge/

It's possible some agents are interpreting the rules incorrectly. That probably requires further work.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by zara
Boarding pass is a tricky one. It can show LX as the flight designator even when the underlying ticket carries the UA flight number. The lounge ladies are not fooled by that: I think they have a list of those entitled to use the lounge under their company's byzantine rules.

For that reason I doubt the mobile BP is a reliable work around if your reservation carries non-SWISS flight numbers.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Boarding pass is a tricky one. It can show LX as the flight designator even when the underlying ticket carries the UA flight number. The lounge ladies are not fooled by that: I think they have a list of those entitled to use the lounge under their company's byzantine rules.

For that reason I doubt the mobile BP is a reliable work around if your reservation carries non-SWISS flight numbers.
So what if I fly LH F Ex-FRA, and LX Y same day ZRH-FRA?

I thought same day LH group F ticket will be enough? Or does it has to be on the same PNR by now to gain access to the FCL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.