Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Turnaround ZRH>Destination>ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, I connected via LHR twice in October, both time the checkin wanted to see the UK form completed. In muc they had a document checking person making sure all had the form in hand.

Transit security each time had about 20 pax in line, so I wouldn't necessarily trust the statement you heard from the person you talked to.
I just did it again today (so twice in October like you), after having spent a wonderful day in sunny Zurich. I booked the LX326 / LX327 combo, which had even less connection time. Again, got through T2 security in 10mins (today there were 8 pax) and again, nobody even remotely cared about any UK form. In fact the gate agent told me that for transit pax there is no check for the UK form. Filling the form out takes 5mins, so I did it anyway. Had plenty of time for some shopping at Harrods and a couple of calls before heading back again to Zurich.

Back to SIN again tomorrow I hope. Load capacity was so low and no cargo during the last couple of weeks that some of my ZRH/SIN flights got cancelled.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:22 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by moreaki
I just did it again today (so twice in October like you), after having spent a wonderful day in sunny Zurich. I booked the LX326 / LX327 combo, which had even less connection time. Again, got through T2 security in 10mins (today there were 8 pax) and again, nobody even remotely cared about any UK form. In fact the gate agent told me that for transit pax there is no check for the UK form. Filling the form out takes 5mins, so I did it anyway. Had plenty of time for some shopping at Harrods and a couple of calls before heading back again to Zurich.

Back to SIN again tomorrow I hope. Load capacity was so low and no cargo during the last couple of weeks that some of my ZRH/SIN flights got cancelled.
Came back from SIN this morning and saw that ZRH/LHR is again flown by A340. Just booked it again and returned after a quick turnaround in F safe and sound. This time we taxied in B44 instead of A18 as the last two times, so transit was a wee bit longer: 10mins to T2 security, again nobody and again no one cares about the health declaration form, a quick shower, some shopping in Harrods, quick drink in the LH lounge (which today started serving hot food again), 15min easy stroll back to B44.

Today, we departed late since the A340 took some cargo and from what the captain told me the British do not plan cargo loading well with down time of the aircraft.

The highlight of the day though is that the Swiss government seem to have adjusted the quarantine criteria for a country to make it to the list: The new infections per 100 000 inhabitants over the past 14 days are examined to determine whether a country or an area has an increased risk of infection, If the incidence in a country is at least 60 higher than the incidence in Switzerland, the country will be added to the list.

This means essentially that almost unlimited traveling is possible again without all the weird workarounds! Very good news!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by moreaki

This means essentially that almost unlimited traveling is possible again without all the weird workarounds! Very good news!
Only if the country you're flying to actually DOES allow you in. In the case of Singapore, I take it you're either Singaporean or PR? Or continued onwards from Singapore? Probably the later, because otherwise, isn't there a mandatory quarantine? (even for those being allowed to enter the country)

Yes, Switzerland is now easy to get TO, but it will stay on pretty much every (sane) countries quarantine list when arriving FROM there.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Only if the country you're flying to actually DOES allow you in. In the case of Singapore, I take it you're either Singaporean or PR? Or continued onwards from Singapore? Probably the later, because otherwise, isn't there a mandatory quarantine? (even for those being allowed to enter the country)

Yes, Switzerland is now easy to get TO, but it will stay on pretty much every (sane) countries quarantine list when arriving FROM there.
You're correct. I tend to forget the advantages I have over others. I'm PR and I have offices in Singapore, three passports, and close family on almost each continent. Checking a couple of countries on https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm, Switzerland is not listed on too many countries as restricted (especially work related travel, which is what I mostly do). On top of that, I use Switzerland mostly as a hub, so countries of origin are different for me each week.

The thing is that HONs or SENs do not make the bulk of airline capacity, so even if we fly a lot the situation is very unlikely to change for the better.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Question: Since the rate of cases per 100,000 in the US is now significantly less than in Switzerland, does anybody know whether a US person can now enter Switzerland and avoid quarantine?????? Second, does the exception for important business meetings allow a US person to enter without quarantine? I ask because of the statement above concerning the criteria of 60 times the Swiss rate determining entry.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Question: Since the rate of cases per 100,000 in the US is now significantly less than in Switzerland, does anybody know whether a US person can now enter Switzerland and avoid quarantine?????? Second, does the exception for important business meetings allow a US person to enter without quarantine? I ask because of the statement above concerning the criteria of 60 times the Swiss rate determining entry.
Quarantine requirements in Switzerland have never been dependent on whether one is a US person or not, but rather the countries (or provinces/areas in some cases) the person has visited in the past 14 days. If you are asking whether someone who was in the US in the past 14 days needs to quarantine on arrival in Switzerland, the answer as of Oct. 29, 2020 is no. But that could change in the future. However, Switzerland is not (as of Oct. 29, 2020) open to the majority of US persons; exceptions are for Swiss residents and a complex list of other situations.

Maybe read this if you haven't already: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...weigerung.html
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:59 pm
51m

Hi all,

sorry if this is not the right place. I have an upcoming direct turnaround at BCN (ex-ZRH) to catch my original journey BCN-ZRH-GRU-FLN so a few questions:

1. Swiss pass holder and only having carry-on

2. When I check-in at ZRH for ZRH-BCN, will I be able to also get BPs for BCN-ZRH-GRU-FLN or should I just rely on mobile boarding pass?

3. At ZRH or BCN will I need to flash a negative PRC-Test? At BCN I'll stay airside.

4. Is 2hr window doable? I've never connected at BCN so just wondering if others know or have done similar.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Just a follow-up here: I know pre-Covid instant turnaround at BCN (ex ZRH) was no problem at all. I don't suppose anything has changed?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:51 am

Any intelligence on a direct turnaround in DUB? (No prizes for finding out where the sudden interest comes from.... )
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by airoli
Any intelligence on a direct turnaround in DUB? (No prizes for finding out where the sudden interest comes from.... )
With bagage it might be tricky (as I can guess the origin of the sudden interest I assume this would not be a handbagage only booking).

I haven’t been to DUB in a couple of years but based on status then, you would have to go through immigration, bagage claim, checkin/bag drop, immigration and then security.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:44 am

What about with carry-on bags only? Is there airside transit?
(The bags may not come on the jaunt to the Emerald Isle...)
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by airoli
What about with carry-on bags only? Is there airside transit?
(The bags may not come on the jaunt to the Emerald Isle...)
There mjght be, see link below, though I've never seen any transfer signs in T1. T2 which houses EI is more geared towards transfers than T1.

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/d...rsn=e983b36f_4
airoli likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:27 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

How about a direct turnaround in BUD Budapest? LX 2254 to LX 2255, 40 minutes time between landing and departure.

AFAIR it's usually a remote stand in BUD, but is there a way to stay air-side to connect without exiting and re-clearing security?

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
BUD is good for airside connections.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
BUD is good for airside connections.
… but not when coming from Switzerland. My last two LX flights (late 2021 and early 2022) arrived at a contact gate in Terminal 2A. Where we took the stairs down to a bus bringing us to Terminal 2B. Most likely because of customs coming from non-EU. The departing flight then leaves from 2A again.

Loading the bus took quite some time and there is no dedicated one for C passengers. I can’t comment on the transfer from 2B back to 2A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.