Quick Turnaround ZRH>Destination>ZRH

Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
CDG.
What's the situation now that LX is back in T1?

In T2B it would have been super easy...
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:16 am

Assuming you don't have any checked bags and have your OLCI done with boarding pass in your hand, turnaround at CDG T1 will be easy.
All swiss flights have gates in the same satellite so you will just have to exit and re-enter into the departure area by passing security. All will remain within the satellite so no big walk : there will be no need of going back to the main camembert terminal with the long travelators.

You will just have to exit the plane and follow the Exit/transfer path that will get you around the boarding area (with glass barriers that enclose the departure area). This brings you to one-way automatic doors meaning that you leave the secured area. At this point you are still in the satellite and you just have to pass security to enter into the departure area of the satellite.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:38 am

Merci!
Just to confirm: There is no way to stay airside, i.e. not having to re-clear security? I will have OLCI and no bags, and Priority Access, still a bit anxious about how long the lines will be... the plane has a pretty short turnaround.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Not in CDG - unless something has changed in the last 12 months. Unlike other Schengen countries, CDG has every transit passenger undergo security and does not exempt arrivals from other Schengen countries.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
T1 has undergone modernization and has only been open for a couple months now...
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc
Not in CDG - unless something has changed in the last 12 months. Unlike other Schengen countries, CDG has every transit passenger undergo security and does not exempt arrivals from other Schengen countries.
Well, last year when LX was in 2D, arriving passengers deplaned right into the departure concourse, where they happily mingled with departing passengers, before going downstairs, through a one-way door, and into baggage claim. In that set-up, the immediate turnaround would have been a piece of cake. So I am wondering if it's really not possible to avoid security screening in the re-opened T1?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Well, last year when LX was in 2D, arriving passengers deplaned right into the departure concourse, where they happily mingled with departing passengers, before going downstairs, through a one-way door, and into baggage claim. In that set-up, the immediate turnaround would have been a piece of cake. So I am wondering if it's really not possible to avoid security screening in the re-opened T1?
Yes in 2D that would have been possible (and was as gru_muc said not CDG's habit). In T1 satellite I don't remember seeing an open access from the path you follow when you exit the plane and the central area except from going out of the secure area and reentering it. Only a few meters but effectively a security screening to pass.
airoli likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
The big question is, has anyone arrived into T1 since LX moved back, and can confirm either way? Certainly not me. So I wouldn't count on it.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Has anyone any experience with direct turnaround in GOT and ARN?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
The big question is, has anyone arrived into T1 since LX moved back, and can confirm either way?
Have been there now, and as posted by lcheval, it is not possible to avoid going through security again within the same T1 satellite where LHG operates. The staff was aghast when I suggested that this was silly, given that in T2D, it would be possible and allowed. "Mais ici, c'est interdit!"

In addition, despite being *G in Business, my boarding pass did not let me use the fast track "Accs #1", and the regular line was long.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
Has anyone any experience with direct turnaround in GOT and ARN?
ARN is no problem at all (usually even enough time for a quick lounge visit), GOT I don't know, but from what I know, all scandinavian airports are a breeze for direct turnarounds, so should be fine too, I suppose...
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Any experience with a direct turnaround (same plane) in BEG? I remember flying on Air Serbia you would deplane directly in the departure area for transit pax, not sure if with LX is any different. Tks!
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: LH SEN since 2007
Turnaround Time CDG with LX

This may be interesting for mileage runners or people like myself which had to change their destination on the original connection CDG-ZRH-GRU-ZRH-CDG but then having to change ZRH-CDG to ZRH-Elsewhere and not being willing to buy a new tickets for 4.500 (!) EUR... My return routing ended up being GRU-ZRH-CDG-ZRG-Elsewhere. I flew the continental segment in C and am SEN.

i.e.: I opted for a quick turnaround, arriving and departing in CDG with the same aircraft. My problem was I had checked luggage. Arrival in CDG was on time, I was at the baggage belt in 7min but then it took an excrutiating 20min for bags to arrive. I then sprinted to the checkin counter and rechecked my bags 32min before scheduled departure before hurrying back to the gate. Everything worked out fine, but I did sweat waiting for my bags to arrive in CDG. And no: There was no viable alternative from CDG to my new destination... otherwise that would have been my preferred. And: No, in GRU, my bags could not be checked GRU-ZRH-CDG-ZRH-Elsewhere - apparently the system does not allow bags to pass through the same airport in one booking twice.

My take: It is possible, but not nice. But it did save me a fortune, so was worth it.

- If you are without luggage, easy. You exit the plane, walk to the main terminal and walk back to the satellite. Total time (if you do not run) is 15-20min max. You will easily arrive at the gate before boarding, especially because security at the Lufthansa Satellite is rarely busy.
- With checked luggage (my case), it depends on quickly luggage gets to the belt. From there you need to sprint to the elevators, head down to the exit floor, take the escalators back up one floor and head to checkin, hope there is nobody in front of you (in my case, there wasn't and the agent even had time to joke around with me), and return to the satellite and board the return flight. But that can be tough - I do not recommend this to anyone.
- If you are not flying in C and are not *G/SEN, do not fly with luggage. You will lose too much time in transit and may miss the connection.

P.S. Fun fact: On CDG outbound the crew was different than inbound so I got no weird look upon returning.
hugolover and koriobg like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Easy peasy
LX has generally an apron position, so you will be bussed to the terminal. In the last 3 years I can't remember the aircraft getting a jet bridge position.
Follow the transit signs that take you upstairs, go through the duty free shop and downstairs again to gate A33 or A34 where the LX flight generally boards. Boarding usually begins 25 minutes before departure.
It takes less than 5 minutes from stepping into the terminal to reach the gate.

The crews are used to see pax doing the direct turnaround. Had a few nice chats with them.
Is there any more recent experience at MXP?

I remember - and have done - the process described above, but it's been many years so I am wondering if things are still the same...
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Situation in MXP is unchanged. Super easy.
airoli likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.