Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Turnaround ZRH>Destination>ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Fast track is extremely congested in OSL nowadays (thanks to all the extra SK gold members?),
All tickets on Norwegian (DY), regardless of price, is allowed through fasttrack if they have been issued with corporate agreement (which a lot of companies have) - this is a promo from Norwegian untill 30APR
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MCT in OSL is 40min on I/I

Code:
DMLX/OSL/LX/11JAN15                                                             
OSL  STANDARD MINIMUM CONNECTING TIMES                                          
OSL-OSL      FROM      -             TO         D/D D/I I/D I/I                 
CC FLTN-FLTR ORGN EQPTM-CC FLTN-FLTR DEST EQPTM HMM HMM HMM HMM                 
                       -                        035 040 050 040
35min turn on LX is a pretty risky thing.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I think this is easily doable if you are already checked in, international transfers in OSL are super quick, mainly because you'll probably be the only person doing it at the time you transfer.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Discus
All tickets on Norwegian (DY), regardless of price, is allowed through fasttrack if they have been issued with corporate agreement (which a lot of companies have) - this is a promo from Norwegian untill 30APR
I know, our travel agent also falls under that agreement (just like you have to book 2 suitcases with Norwegian there as well, no other option). But that comes in addition to the already congested line. Really, in the last year I have had waiting lines of over 50 meter for fast track in OSL. Quite often nowadays the 'regular' line is faster.

As a private person you can now also buy 'fast track' with Norwegian for 100 NOK, I think. As there often is no difference in line processing time, it's not worth it.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: EBG, BAEC GGL/CCR, SPG Plat100, HHD
It is very doable if you park at a gate - if it is bus then it becomes potentially difficult.

Either way, if it is not all on one PNR it is complete madness into a longhaul C/F trip that can be totally lost based on some 30 min delay or othe minor IRROPS.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:10 am
Original Poster

More concrete information on OSL, please :)

Thanks for all your advice! A few more concrete questions on OSL:

Originally Posted by oliver2002
+1 on CPH and ARN. OSL is no good.
When you say "OSL is no good": Can you describe OSL in more detail for doing a quick turnaround ZRH>OSL>ZRH?

There are 2 flights a day:
Flight 1: Arriving OSL 9:15, departing 9:45
Flight 2: Arriving OSL 19:05, departing 19:40

Would these times be doable?
Could anyone familiar with Swiss flights in OSL describe the exact procedure?

- How common are bus gates vs jetbridge?

- Will I have to go through customs/immigration/security, and for each, once in each direction, once overall?

- How long do each of these steps take?

- How likely is it to make the 30min or 35min turnaround times in the Swiss schedule above?

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sfosenkid
When you say "OSL is no good": Can you describe OSL in more detail for doing a quick turnaround ZRH>OSL>ZRH?
In ARN and CPH you just deplane and end up in the area of the departure gate, ie you could walk out of the aircraft and theoretically immediately walk back on the aircraft the moment they board again. The fact that LX turns their aircraft in 25-35 minutes is of no consequence.

OSL is not EU, so they have different procedures, which mean that in order for you to get back to the gate you have to go thru various points which make it very difficult for you to catch the flight if they have turn it in 20-25 for whatever reason.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:43 am
Original Poster

LX: Please share your experience re: quick turnaround in BRU or PRG

Hi,

as you can see from my series of posts, I am considering different cities for quick turnarounds to make use of cheaper fares

Today, I am interested in quick turnarounds in BRU and PRG.

Specifically, I am interested in:
ZRH>BRU>ZRH, arriving BRU 8:55, dpt BRU 9:55, i.e. 60 minute turnaround

ZRH>PRG>ZRH, arriving PRG 9:50 dept PRG 10:25, i.e. 35 minute turnaround

My questions, all for Swiss flights turning around:

In BRU:
- likelihood bus gate vs proper jetway?
- have to go through immigration/customs/security?
- what kind of walking distance? or do i literally walk out of the plane and could board at the exact same gate/spot without any walking again?

In PRG:
- what kind of walking distance? or do i literally walk out of the plane and could board at the exact same gate/spot without any walking again?

Many thanks
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Oh, and the same question for AMS:

ZRH>AMS>ZRH, arriving AMS 9:00, dpt AMS 9:45, i.e. 45 minute turnaround

In AMS:

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
BRU :quick turn around

Hi,

as you can see from my series of posts, I am considering different cities for quick turnarounds to make use of cheaper fares

In BRU:

Many thanks
Re. BRU:

-LX will be arriving @ proper jetway and you walk into terminalbuilding where you can wait for the returnflight ( most probably same plane leaving at same gate depending on LX presence and planning )

- no imigration as you are schengen to schengen so you stay in the same terminal without any ID check needed.Unless you leave the terminal proper - why would you as there are enough shops and bars+nw SN Lounge -you wil not have to re-pass security.

-there is minimal walking distance as you probably will leave your arrival plane and then can wait for reboarding at same gate about 30 min. later ; SN lounge is about 5-10 min. walk depending on arrival gate , really worth the visit if you have M&M status. Just enough time to pick up some pralines from duty free shop at the end of the terminal next to stairs going up to lounges...

Enjoy
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So in ARN, I am guaranteed to always get gate arrival (no bus), and it's literally a few minutes from the place where I get off when deplaning until I can re-board?
Pretty much yes - even Air Baltic Dashes turboprops are using jetty. I have never been bussed to/from aircraft in ARN.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:03 am

Note that in OSL you won't be exiting the plane directly into the departure lounge (like at CPH and ARN). You have to go through a quick connection point to get into the International lounge again. Unsure whether it involves another security screening.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
And in the unlikely event you get a bus gate, you will be dropped off at terminal not having to reclear security.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Quick turnaround in AMS

Hi,

as you can see from my series of posts, I am considering different cities for quick turnarounds to make use of cheaper fares :-)

Today, I am interested in quick turnarounds in AMS.

Specifically, I am interested in:

ZRH>AMS>ZRH, arriving AMS 9:00, dpt AMS 9:45, i.e. 45 minute turnaround

My Questions about AMS:

Thanks

(this question was already posted in my other thread about bru/prg turnaround, but since it got lost there, and since the city AMS was not included in the subject, I reposted it so that the question and the city are shown in the subject)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Should be safe in AMS. Never had a bus gate there. Basically when you leave the aircraft you can see the pax waiting for the next flight already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.