Quick Turnaround ZRH>Destination>ZRH

Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by airoli
How about OTP? (same fare but better connections than PRG)
Not the best airport for this (I go there 2-3x/year).
I've seen signage for connections (a security point, which i assume would give you access back to departures), but not done myself.
Now if this is not working, worst case scenario is you'd have to go along the corridor to passport control (I've not had more than 10 min queues) , turn left all the way to baggage claim to exit, then trek back to departures (basically the process in reverse one floor down), clear security (also never had more than 10 min queue), through passport control, to the gates.
So this would take you around 25-30 min to be able to do it.

The airport map does not clarify how they handle connections
Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: LX HON
LX ZRH/LHR T2 turnaround airside possible?

Tomorrow, I'll have a long lay-over in ZRH, and I just saw that LX flies the A330 to LHR and back:

Since I've been in quite a few countries on various lists, I wonder if instead of lurking around the makeshift ZRH First A lounge a quick ZRH/LHR in my beloveth A330 is feasible? Any quick insights? I forgot how LHR T2 looks like, especially with the new situation in place. I need to know if I can comfortably arrive, stay and board the LX flight airside without ever leaving T2 in LHR or going through any security.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...avel-corridors was not clear to me regarding turn-around.

The last 24 hrs I've been in NAP, DUS, ATH, BEG, ZRH.

Last edited by moreaki; Oct 23, 2020 at 8:00 am
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The UK health authorities don't care, you just have to fill out a form and carry the print out with you: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk Someone in ZRH mayask to see that form.

On arrival in LHR T2 you have to go thru transit security, show someone your onward BP and you are in the departure area to board your LX flight back.
moreaki likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Well, yes, you have to go through security, so back-to-back on same plane might be a bit tight
moreaki likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:56 pm

And make sure to make an appointment with your doctor soon: you'll definitely need him to prescribe some pain killers for your back, or book a good massage!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How was BEG? No lounge since March right? Its closed, despite whats on various websites. Only JU working.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by KLouis
And make sure to make an appointment with your doctor soon: you'll definitely need him to prescribe some pain killers for your back, or book a good massage!
This is about a LX long haul C Seat, not LH short haul NEK...
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
This is about a LX long haul C Seat, not LH short haul NEK...
Yes, I know. But look at what OP wrote in his first post:
The last 24 hrs I've been in NAP, DUS, ATH, BEG, ZRH.

flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Yes, I know. But look at what OP wrote in his first post:

Point taken. Guess a psychiatrist might be useful as well
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:53 pm

It was a great, lovely sunny afternoon in Zrich today. Hope OP didn't spent it on a flight to London and back during the biggest pandemic in 100 years..
airoli likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The UK health authorities don't care, you just have to fill out a form and carry the print out with you: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk Someone in ZRH mayask to see that form.

On arrival in LHR T2 you have to go thru transit security, show someone your onward BP and you are in the departure area to board your LX flight back.
That's exactly how it was. In fact it took me 5 mins to go through transit security (only because I had to take off my shoes). Nobody even remotely cares about that form and you do not have to print it out even (showing it on your mobile would be sufficient, if someone actually cared). In ZRH nobody cares either, and that's been like that for months now for various inbound/outbound/transit flights.

The transit security in LHR told me that for weeks they've rarely seen more than a handful of passengers.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:53 pm

I do get a lot of massages almost everywhere I spend the night, however my back is totally fine. I'm physically very active. This week has been a wee bit intense, but sometimes work requires such tedious routings. I did the ZRH/LHR/ZRH because of the following reasons:
  • I had enough spare time between other flights
  • Got to fly the A330 with F seats; so I could lie down, read and relax (was the only pax in F, 25 in total!!)
  • A good shower in LHR (yes, I had enough time to have a shower), as opposed to having no shower in ZRH
  • Financially support LH Group / Swiss during these challenging times

Last edited by moreaki; Oct 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
How was BEG? No lounge since March right? Its closed, despite whats on various websites. Only JU working.
BEG was empty. The only lounge that is open is the Air Serbia lounge, which to me comes pretty close to the FCL in GVA. I was the only guest, paid 20 for one hour (Swiss will reimburse this to me as a courtesy) and had a wonderful breakfast.

Here's a picture from 8am this morning:

hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
It was a great, lovely sunny afternoon in Zrich today. Hope OP didn't spent it on a flight to London and back during the biggest pandemic in 100 years..
I did spend it on a flight to London and back, and I have just spent a great evening out in Zurich.

LHR was pretty empty as well:

Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by moreaki
That's exactly how it was. In fact it took me 5 mins to go through transit security (only because I had to take off my shoes). Nobody even remotely cares about that form and you do not have to print it out even (showing it on your mobile would be sufficient, if someone actually cared). In ZRH nobody cares either, and that's been like that for months now for various inbound/outbound/transit flights.

The transit security in LHR told me that for weeks they've rarely seen more than a handful of passengers.
Well, I connected via LHR twice in October, both time the checkin wanted to see the UK form completed. In muc they had a document checking person making sure all had the form in hand.

Transit security each time had about 20 pax in line, so I wouldn't necessarily trust the statement you heard from the person you talked to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.