Quick Turnaround ZRH>Destination>ZRH

Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:58 am

Even LH regional e-Jets get jetways in AMS. You basically just turn around when exiting the plane.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Under normal conditions 35 min INT/INT at OSL should not be a problem, but if you land after any of DY flights from the US you could be out of luck as the lines then are long at the INT/INT security check. During those times it might be easier (and faster) to clear customs and go through the normal security check.

I would not recommend such a short connection considering how much you have hanging on it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Quick Turnaround in BRU on LX

Hi,

I wanted to ask, how easy is it to do a quick turnaround in BRU (electronic boarding pass, hand luggage only) with a 1 hour connection?

The inbound flight into BRU would be LX786 arriving 8:55am, and leaving again as LX787 at 9:55am.

Do I have to go through security again? Is there a risk of getting a bus gate? Or will it always be jetbridge, and the departing gate area is identical to the arriving gate area?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
It is mostly, if not always, a jetbridge.

Normally, you just exit the plane, walk around the desk and sit down to wait for the boarding call 25 minutes later.

Even if it were a bus gate, you would not have an additional security check.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
I've done exactly the same flights last year - no problem
Old May 5, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Also MXP - even with bus gate - is manageable.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Also MXP - even with bus gate - is manageable.

How about the risk of strike in MXP&VCE as our Italian friends tend to do funny things once in a while (however, currently not more than our German friends )?

How about the other mentioned destination BRU, AMS, BUD, PRG or even in the Nordics, what is the likelihood of cancelled flights there due to (any kind of) strike?
Old May 11, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by fkaway
How about the risk of strike in MXP&VCE as our Italian friends tend to do funny things once in a while (however, currently not more than our German friends )?
In the last few month italian ATC did strike a few times, mainly on Fridays. The flights to/from Italy between the late morning and late afternoon were cancelled.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by fkaway

How about the other mentioned destination BRU, AMS, BUD, PRG or even in the Nordics, what is the likelihood of cancelled flights there due to (any kind of) strike?
You stay strike-free if you stay at home... if your wife is not striking...
Old May 18, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
In the last few month italian ATC did strike a few times, mainly on Fridays. The flights to/from Italy between the late morning and late afternoon were cancelled.
Thx, PetzLUX on the Italian comments?!
Anyone on the other mentioned destinations as Italy is out of the race now?
Old May 19, 2015, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
You stay strike-free if you stay at home... if your wife is not striking...
Worst-case scenario: AZ, LH, ATC, wife on strike, AND the secretary (personal assistant, for political correctness' sake)!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Quick turnaround in MXP

Next week I have a 50 minutes connection (ZRH-MXP and MXP-ZRH) in MXP.
This is on two separate tickets, both by Swiss, seems to be operated by the same plane.
Outbound in Economy, return in Business (the italian fares are irresistible )

Q: Are deplaning passengers separated from the boarding area? Is it trivial or difficult to reboard the plane? I will have no checked in bag, and I plan to do online check-in.

Any experience with tight connection in MXP?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
I did that last year. We had a bus gate and shuttled back to the terminal. Followed signs to transit and went to the departing gate. Took me 10 minutes or so, no security.
The purser recognized me and I had a quick chat with him. It is unwanted that you stay in the plane, that messes up their pax count system. Obviosuly it only works without luggage, otherwise you would have to use their previous flight.
W
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by JanoSicek
Next week I have a 50 minutes connection (ZRH-MXP and MXP-ZRH) in MXP.
This is on two separate tickets, both by Swiss, seems to be operated by the same plane.
Outbound in Economy, return in Business (the italian fares are irresistible )

Q: Are deplaning passengers separated from the boarding area? Is it trivial or difficult to reboard the plane? I will have no checked in bag, and I plan to do online check-in.

Any experience with tight connection in MXP?
Easy peasy…
LX has generally an apron position, so you will be bussed to the terminal. In the last 3 years I can't remember the aircraft getting a jet bridge position.
Follow the transit signs that take you upstairs, go through the duty free shop and downstairs again to gate A33 or A34 where the LX flight generally boards. Boarding usually begins 25 minutes before departure.
It takes less than 5 minutes from stepping into the terminal to reach the gate.

The crews are used to see pax doing the direct turnaround. Had a few nice chats with them.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:32 am

ZRH-WAW-ZRH

Hi all

I wonder if it's possible to fly ZRH-WAW-ZRH with the same plane.
I'd like to take the following flights.

ZRH - WAW (departing time: 05:15 pm, arriwal 07:10pm)
WAW - ZRH (same day, departing time 07:50

Does that work?

Many thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.