Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I'm planning our Easter 2018 trip and we need miles from UA to re-qualify *G, wonder if this itinerary is doable:

Leaving CPH at 07.45 (SK metal), arrive at ZRH at 9.40

Leaving ZRH at 10.35 on UA metal to IAD

Connecting time 55 minutes - should I chance it or should I look into other connections? From what I can see the MCT at ZRH is 40 minutes, so I assume the connection is legal.

Thanks a lot in advance!
I'd check the stats of this flight but it seems like it's always on time. The flight being the first in the morning also helps.

Even if it's (up to) 30 minutes late, I say it's perfectly doable if you walk at a steady pace.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:30 am

Swiss is willing to sell me a MAN-ZHR-MAD with a 40min connection. I know the risks and I am up for it but I want to know a bit more about how Swiss will handle a potential misconnection. Will they put me in the next available (*A) flight even if is fully booked (there is another Swiss flight after mine, multiple LH connections and also a lot of Iberia / Air Europa flights) or I may end up having to overnight until there is space available?
Old May 29, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by benji2227
I'd check the stats of this flight but it seems like it's always on time. The flight being the first in the morning also helps.

Even if it's (up to) 30 minutes late, I say it's perfectly doable if you walk at a steady pace.
Thanks! I thought there's extra security and we will need our BPs re-issued at ZRH - if there's a queue then it's starting to cut short.

What if I was picked as SSSS? Would I be able to make the flight? It happened last time when I was at BRU.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2017, 7:22 am

Question

Originally Posted by benji2227

I have a 45 minute connection time with SWISS at Zurich, from Moscow to Zurich, Zurich to Geneva. After reading this thread it seems OK but must admit it makes me nervous. They will hold the second plane right if the first is delayed if there are passengers on the one ticket sold direct from SWISS website?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kchan1111
I have a 45 minute connection time with SWISS at Zurich, from Moscow to Zurich, Zurich to Geneva. After reading this thread it seems OK but must admit it makes me nervous. They will hold the second plane right if the first is delayed if there are passengers on the one ticket sold direct from SWISS website?
I have done 45 mins ZRH transits LX-LX - CPH-ZRH, ZRH-HKG. There were delays and we weren't the only ones who were late so they delayed the HKG flight so that we were able to made it. Once we couldn't really walk fast due to our baby and they waited for us. My sis was in the same situation too when she was doing the same connection - they waited for connecting pax.

I guess it's too expensive to keep us for a night in ZRH - probably cheaper to wait for us than having to accommodate us and then re-route us.

For me, what I'm worried about a 55 connection to UA is the biggest problem because it requires boarding pass reissuing and possibly SSSS security harrassment.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Schengen immigration. Has nothing to do with EU. Some EU members are part of Schengen some are not. Some Non EU members are part of Schengen. (like Switzerland)

A flight from LHR gets the same immigration treatment as one from NYC. One from MAD is "domestic" since both Spain and Switzerland are Schengen members.
Did not now that Switzerland is a member of the Luxemburg city of Schengen, always tought we're an idependant state!

If you want to play mr. teacher, then please be correct and write about the "Schengen area", wich was signed in 1985 in the city of Schengen.

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; May 29, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: AF/KL FBPFL Ultimate, IHG Spire, HERTZ 5 stars
LX645-LX92 short ZRH connection (40 min)

Hi,
I'm concerned by my ticket LX to go from CDG to GRU with 40 min between flights in ZRH

Did anybody experienced such short connection in ZRH ?

Is the short connection acceptance linked for my P ticket & transit il be done by car plane to plane / or do I have to request a special assitance ?

Tks for your elements

Rgds
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chris635
Hi,
I'm concerned by my ticket LX to go from CDG to GRU with 40 min between flights in ZRH

Is the short connection acceptance linked for my P ticket & transit il be done by car plane to plane / or do I have to request a special assitance ?

Tks for your elements

Rgds
I have done 40 mins in ZRH before. Tight, but it should work out. They usually wait a couple of mins for connecting pax.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Hi,

Tks for your elements

Rgds
I assume you will fly First (P on AF would be F on LX) right?

40 min in ZRH is short but not too short. You can either take the train from A to E, or go to the F lounge in A and be driven to A from there. Either way will involve passport control, before getting on the train or at a dedicated booth before you get to the car/van. Opinions vary but I would go to the F lounge in A, as then they will know you are on your way.

If you are late arriving from CDG, especially if you have an apron parking, there is a very high chance you will be picked up at the plane and driven to E with a quick stop at the passport booth. IIRC 40 minutes is the cut off time

Many of us here have done 40 min connections at ZRH, I have done a number of 25 min ones A-E and made them. LX take very good care of their F passengers (I am up to date with the AF ULT thread - you will be surprised!)
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is this on one ticket or two?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
40min is okay, if the flight is delayed you probably will get a car transfer. (I got one when coming from AMS once)
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is this on one ticket or two?
Single ticket :

CDG-ZRH : F
ZRH-GRU : P

I was surptised when i was told by ticketing office (zurich), that there is no plane to plane assistance (i'm not HON but only senator).
Any clue how can i request assistance thete for connection ?

Tks

Rgds
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Any clue how can i request assistance thete for connection ?

Tks

Rgds
What's wrong with walking and taking the (Heidi) train?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...on-thread.html
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you'll be fine, unless the inbound is really late and they decide not to hold the GRU flight.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
What's wrong with walking and taking the (Heidi) train?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...on-thread.html
Nothing wrong :

- either I just want to back up to avoid to spend one day of my holidays in zurich vs brazil...
- or i have bad habits as AF ultimate
- or i expect too much as a P passanget on LX

Rgds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.