Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:26 pm

Excellent. Thanks very much.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I'm connecting between LX8011 (WK11 codeshare) from YVR to LX568 to NCE in a couple of days. The connection time is 1h15m (although FlightAware shows WK11 is often late). Is there any way I can figure out what gates (or groups of gates) these flights normally arrive/depart from?
Old May 25, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I'm connecting between LX8011 (WK11 codeshare) from YVR to LX568 to NCE in a couple of days. The connection time is 1h15m (although FlightAware shows WK11 is often late). Is there any way I can figure out what gates (or groups of gates) these flights normally arrive/depart from?
I don't know about that but as far as transferring goes, you should be fine with a delay of up to 45 minutes. A 30 minute transfer in ZRH is easy.

WK11 will arrive at Terminal E so you'll have to take the 1 minute ride train to the main terminal.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by benji2227
I don't know about that but as far as transferring goes, you should be fine with a delay of up to 45 minutes. A 30 minute transfer in ZRH is easy.

WK11 will arrive at Terminal E so you'll have to take the 1 minute ride train to the main terminal.
Thanks. I guess passport control queues at ZRH are not a problem? I have waited 1h15m just for immigration transferring international to Schengen at the mess that is CDG.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Thanks. I guess passport control queues at ZRH are not a problem? I have waited 1h15m just for immigration transferring international to Schengen at the mess that is CDG.
Never a problem. "Long queue" in Zurich means something like 10-15min. And 90% of the time, I've not experienced a queue at all.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More, Miles and Bonus, HHonors, Starwood, Hyatt
I decided on a flight from IAD on UA F to ZRH with a 1hour connection to ATH with LX C. Everyone seems to say the connection time is fine. Does anyone know which gate we may arrive and which would depart to Athens
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: Asia Miles
I'm on a trip to Europe in December and I have 2 connection options for MUC-ZRH-HKG. Both would connect to LX138 to HKG which departs at 2240.
The options are listed below:
LX1109 which departs MUC at 1705 and arrives at ZRH at 1800 which would leave a 4 hr 40min connection at ZRH
LX1111 which departs MUC at 2055 and arrives at ZRH at 2150 which would leave a 50 min connection at ZRH
Which option would be the better option?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by playerzero
I'm on a trip to Europe in December and I have 2 connection options for MUC-ZRH-HKG. Both would connect to LX138 to HKG which departs at 2240.
The options are listed below:
LX1109 which departs MUC at 1705 and arrives at ZRH at 1800 which would leave a 4 hr 40min connection at ZRH
LX1111 which departs MUC at 2055 and arrives at ZRH at 2150 which would leave a 50 min connection at ZRH
Which option would be the better option?
And I forgot to mention that I have to be in HKG for New Years Eve celebrations as LX138 lands at 1715.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:56 am

Are you flying in C or F? If so I'd take the earlier flight and relax in the new lounges in E concourse - 5h connection is still long, but time really flies when you have a whisky bar at your hands.

In Y, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by klausa
Are you flying in C or F? If so I'd take the earlier flight and relax in the new lounges in E concourse - 5h connection is still long, but time really flies when you have a whisky bar at your hands.

In Y, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Unfortunately Y and since most of my flying is on CX earning points for Asia Miles only (cannot afford or fly frequently enough for Marco Polo) cannot redeem lounge access
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:03 am

As you stated you've to be in HKG on that evening, taking the later flight would be way too big risk.

Take the earlier flight. You can go landside and stock on some Swiss chocolates and/or looking for a FTer at the airport that can guest you into the lounge

The later connection will still work in 95%+ or so of all times (LX usually holds their long hauls quite a bit for connecting pax), but considering we're talking late December, snow might happen, turn-around times on LX are industrial-low (ie, they can't usually make up much time during the day if there is some delay from de-icing or otherwise) - all taking it into account, I'd go with safety first.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:33 am

Hi, have a connection GVA-ZRH-EWR in C this week (40 minutes between landing and departure of ZRH-EWR). My assumption is that they'll hold the plane to make this happen?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:40 am

If your incoming flight is on time, you'll make it without them holding the aircraft.

Yes, if there is a small delay they might hold the aircraft for you (and other passengers) - GVA-ZRH is quite a feeder for this route (even though they do have direct flights from GVA) so I would expect several people on it connecting to EWR.

In general, I wouldn't worry much, especially not in C.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:07 pm

What are the rules to travel between terminals? With an LX ticket ZRH-FRA, is it possible to access the Terminal E lounges (as Star Gold), or only restricted to Schengen terminals?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by intltravel90
What are the rules to travel between terminals? With an LX ticket ZRH-FRA, is it possible to access the Terminal E lounges (as Star Gold), or only restricted to Schengen terminals?
It's the same terminal, just different concourse.

But yeah, you're allowed to do that — you have to obviously pass border control twice, but it has been done by many people without any problems (me included).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.