Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: LX/LH HON, BA Gold, AF Platinum
And 40 minutes for the connection is not a worry at all.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:43 am

Thank you all for the feedback.

We have e-tickets that lists SFO-JTR, but it is broken down into 2 legs: SFO-ZRH & ZRH-JTR. Swiss Air said bags checked in SFO will go to JTR directly. We are not sure if we should check our bags since 40 mins seems awfully short for them to unload the bags from the 1st plane and get them on the 2nd plane. It would be a pain to have to take small carry-on bags, but we leave Santorini after 4 days by ferry to another island so dealing with no bags would be worse. What do you all think?

Mtfizgerald - That's great information on exits! I'd like to learn more. Are you saying that if we follow the right A/B sign, we go through passport control but don't need to have our bags xrayed, but if we took A/B/Exit, we will need to get them xrayed again, plus passport control?

Are the lines from E to A/B for the train, passport control (and security check if we screwed it up) long? I checked the site maps for Zurich, but can't find the passport control area. How much time would it take to go from E to A/B, and the time for passport control? Thanks again.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by mcgold11
Thank you all for the feedback.

We have e-tickets that lists SFO-JTR, but it is broken down into 2 legs: SFO-ZRH & ZRH-JTR. Swiss Air said bags checked in SFO will go to JTR directly. We are not sure if we should check our bags since 40 mins seems awfully short for them to unload the bags from the 1st plane and get them on the 2nd plane. It would be a pain to have to take small carry-on bags, but we leave Santorini after 4 days by ferry to another island so dealing with no bags would be worse. What do you all think?

Mtfizgerald - That's great information on exits! I'd like to learn more. Are you saying that if we follow the right A/B sign, we go through passport control but don't need to have our bags xrayed, but if we took A/B/Exit, we will need to get them xrayed again, plus passport control?

Are the lines from E to A/B for the train, passport control (and security check if we screwed it up) long? I checked the site maps for Zurich, but can't find the passport control area. How much time would it take to go from E to A/B, and the time for passport control? Thanks again.
Zurich airport suggests 15-20 minutes for the E->A/B transfer http://www.zurich-airport.com/~/medi...ation_0315.pdf
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:08 pm

Hi duvin,

Thank you so much for forwarding the brochure - that map was exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find. It lays out the steps perfectly.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Simon1
[...]if there is a small delay you can ask the crew to let you sit in the front so you can save time.
Ha, good one! I will keep this in mind the next time I'm looking for an upgrade.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Am I right to be a bit worried about 75 minutes BRU-ZRH-BOS? Realistically, how much time is needed to connect? It is an AVRO from BRU, so probably it will be by bus to the terminal.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by AVSA
Am I right...
No!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:15 am

I've had slightly late flights arriving in ZRH with a small connection time and connecting to the next without an issue.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:04 am

I just did a Schengen AVRO to Intercon and back in the last two weeks.
From docking of the AVRO to the E Gate for the intercon was under 30 min.
The problem was: The AVRO departed 1 hour late (because the inbound aircraft was late at the outstation) and arrived 45 min late.

In the way back the intercon was 10 min late, had a 50 min connection and made it thru security/immigration to the gate in around 25 min.
AVRO to the runway, accelerate, break. Wait 1 hour inside the plane for them to fix teh computer of one engine. Next try. Same thing. Back to the gate. New plane, finally arrived 2:56h late.

A similar experience with the AVRO a few mont back.....

If your flights are on time a 50 min connection in ZRH is very doable. But if one of your flights is on the lovely AVRO then......
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:53 am

244 flights on Avro so far - only once a delay (1 hour) due to a tire change in ZRH.

Auf Holz klopf...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Miles and More, BA Exec
I have to do 4th July AGP-ZRH-SFO with just 45 minutes connection. Flying business and first row always, so do you think I can make it on time?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by bendercy
I have to do 4th July AGP-ZRH-SFO with just 45 minutes connection. Flying business and first row always, so do you think I can make it on time?
Yes! I made a similar transfer recently.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

Flying Swiss from AMS > ZRH > JNB with 1hr 20min connection time in Business.

Is it an easy transfer and is there a chance to use any of the main Swiss lounges?

On the return overnight (JNB > ZRH > AMS) is there somewhere we can shower before connecting on to AMS?

Thanks,
A
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Adstring
Hi,

Flying Swiss from AMS > ZRH > JNB with 1hr 20min connection time in Business.

Is it an easy transfer and is there a chance to use any of the main Swiss lounges?

On the return overnight (JNB > ZRH > AMS) is there somewhere we can shower before connecting on to AMS?

Thanks,
A
No problem. I have already made such A/B to E connections with 45 min. transfer time.

You may use the shower in Business Lounge A on your return, as your flight to AMS will normally leave from A/B. Depending on your transfer time and if there is waiting time for the shower of course.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:02 pm

Regarding the return, as you have to clear security anyway, i would STRONGLY suggest to use the arrival lounge for shower and a much better breakfast. You will only use a few minutes more to walk this way and depending on queues might even be faster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.