Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris635
Single ticket :

CDG-ZRH : F
ZRH-GRU : P

I was surptised when i was told by ticketing office (zurich), that there is no plane to plane assistance (i'm not HON but only senator).
Any clue how can i request assistance thete for connection ?

Tks

Rgds
I was driven plane to plane in ZRH once as a HON (connecting between European flights Schengen to non-Schengen). I won't personally book such a short connection in ZRH when connecting to a longhaul whichever class I'm travelling but that's just me.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by chris635
Nothing wrong :

- either I just want to back up to avoid to spend one day of my holidays in zurich vs brazil...
- or i have bad habits as AF ultimate
- or i expect too much as a P passanget on LX

Rgds
i think you might have taken an earlier flight from CDG for more peace of mind.

LX will be aware of your connection. There's some flexibiity in those late night long-haul departures and they are often to wait for late passengers they know are in the system. Yours bags may not be so fortunate

Apron transfer is something the airline organises if necessary. It's not something you can arrange in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:01 am

Overview

Hello everyone
I tried to organize the different security layers of zurich airport. I've never transfered there myself, as i am swiss. Could someone verify if this is correct?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by Yorryyorry; Jul 20, 2017 at 10:36 am Reason: link fixed
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:59 am

Hey everyone,

I am flying from Hamburg to Lisbon via ZRH.

My flight lands at 11h10 and my connection is at 12h00. Should I pay €17 for a preferential seat, or will the regular seat selection suffice to get to my connection in time?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Nominal
Hey everyone,

I am flying from Hamburg to Lisbon via ZRH.

My flight lands at 11h10 and my connection is at 12h00. Should I pay €17 for a preferential seat, or will the regular seat selection suffice to get to my connection in time?
Apart from the seat selection being a total scam - and yes, I mean this literally - with Swiss basically giving you ANY seat they like (your reservation is hardly if ever maintained, according to the FAQ all you're "buying" with it is a "similar" seat, ie if you book 5C, they can give you last row 37D and that's it. Or if you want to get a seat for a nice view on the alps and book 8F, you can end up in 22A just over the engine and on the wrong side - well, yes, apart from that, 50min will be perfectly fine, and LIS has plenty of options to go there in case you miss your connection.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:32 am

I have a LX flight in J class into ZRH with an onward flight on CX flight in F class, the transfer time between the arrival and departure is 3 hours 10 mins, bearing in mind these are on separate tickets so I have to clear immigration, collect baggage and then check in for the CX flight, would you say this is enough time?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:51 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Premgenius
I have a LX flight in J class into ZRH with an onward flight on CX flight in F class, the transfer time between the arrival and departure is 3 hours 10 mins, bearing in mind these are on separate tickets so I have to clear immigration, collect baggage and then check in for the CX flight, would you say this is enough time?
I presume based on your details you're on LX451 from LCY ? That flight is on time 98% of the time with a 6 minute average delay, so can't really get better.

That said, maybe your greater risk is what would you do in case your flight is cancelled - do you have enough time to get to another airport in London and make it to ZRH in time for your CX flight ?

I suggest also checking whether your insurance covers you (3 hours between flights is the normal minimum amount, but this can varie upwards or downwards depending on your policy).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by GVA
I presume based on your details you're on LX451 from LCY ? That flight is on time 98% of the time with a 6 minute average delay, so can't really get better.

That said, maybe your greater risk is what would you do in case your flight is cancelled - do you have enough time to get to another airport in London and make it to ZRH in time for your CX flight ?

I suggest also checking whether your insurance covers you (3 hours between flights is the normal minimum amount, but this can varie upwards or downwards depending on your policy).
Its LX345 out of LHR at 6AM arriving into ZRH at 8:40am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Premgenius
Its LX345 out of LHR at 6AM arriving into ZRH at 8:40am
That'll generally work just fine. And the good thing about those first flights out of LHR is that the plane and crew is routinely positioned there the night before; and if there is a problem on that end, LHR is a great place from which to be re-booked.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That'll generally work just fine. And the good thing about those first flights out of LHR is that the plane and crew is routinely positioned there the night before; and if there is a problem on that end, LHR is a great place from which to be re-booked.
I do feel a lil concerned (for someone who's not a big risk taker)

Last edited by Premgenius; Jul 25, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:45 am
RJ1

In a few months, I will be traveling LX Helvetica and LX MXP-ZUR-LAX in C on an award ticket.

My current routing allows me only 1 hour on the ground in ZUR before my flight to LAX leaves, which I realize is above the MCT. However, I am a little nervous having never flown LX, or connected at ZUR.

Two award seats on an earlier MXP-ZUR flight have now opened up.

So my consideration is: should I spend 150USD to change my two award seats to the earlier flight, thus making my ZUR layover 2:10 rather and 1:00?

Experienced ZUR flyers: What Would You Do?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by RJ1
Experienced ZUR flyers: What Would You Do?
Unless my schedule at the destination could not accommodate any delays, I wouldn't worry about this at all. (Assuming flights on a single PNR, of course.)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Unless my schedule at the destination could not accommodate any delays, I wouldn't worry about this at all. (Assuming flights on a single PNR, of course.)
I second mmff

If I had the choice, I'd select the longer layover, but with one PNR, nothing to worry about. Probably not pay 150$ to change that..
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:10 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by mmff
Yes, one PNR. Thanks.

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I second mmff

If I had the choice, I'd select the longer layover, but with one PNR, nothing to worry about. Probably not pay 150$ to change that..
Thanks. Would have preferred the longer layover also, but it wasn't available when I originally booked.

Last edited by RJ1; Jul 26, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AF/KL FBPFL Ultimate, IHG Spire, HERTZ 5 stars
45 min in ZRH ok !

Connection went perfect P Lounge term A + shuttle to E.
Even had time for shower and snacks.
Tks for heads up !

Originally Posted by MichielR
I assume you will fly First (P on AF would be F on LX) right?

40 min in ZRH is short but not too short. You can either take the train from A to E, or go to the F lounge in A and be driven to A from there. Either way will involve passport control, before getting on the train or at a dedicated booth before you get to the car/van. Opinions vary but I would go to the F lounge in A, as then they will know you are on your way.

If you are late arriving from CDG, especially if you have an apron parking, there is a very high chance you will be picked up at the plane and driven to E with a quick stop at the passport booth. IIRC 40 minutes is the cut off time

Many of us here have done 40 min connections at ZRH, I have done a number of 25 min ones A-E and made them. LX take very good care of their F passengers (I am up to date with the AF ULT thread - you will be surprised!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.