Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Worth it to put in 35'000miles for an upgrade on LX257 seen the risk of plane downgrade? I am not collecting much miles pro year, maybe around 40k max (flying Y only) so will never really be able to use them for award flights on longhaul anyway, or max every 3-4 years, but will the upgrade map in a higher class and thus get me more status miles for an extension of my FTL? Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
will the upgrade map in a higher class and thus get me more status miles for an extension of my FTL?
No, it won't.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
On your recommandation I did not. Did OLCI and could choose a business seat, I guess I got upgraded due too overbooking, is that possible already 24 hours before the flight, aren't they usually waiting to see if other status member are flying ?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
On your recommandation I did not. Did OLCI and could choose a business seat, I guess I got upgraded due too overbooking, is that possible already 24 hours before the flight, aren't they usually waiting to see if other status member are flying ?
The flights are somethimes that heavy overbooked that it happens, so far only happened to me on TLV flights
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:22 am

It definitely happens, had this on PEK flights (plural) in the past as well.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
The flights are somethimes that heavy overbooked that it happens, so far only happened to me on TLV flights
Had a TLV-ZRH flight recently and noticed that it sold out almost two weeks in advance in both Y and C. Same happened few months ago too.
Could be that since they don't sell the F seats, there is some additional room for upgrades.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Substitute again !

Alert ! Tonight 18 october 2019

Downgrade aircraft ZRH - TLV
Needing volunteers to give up seats

Explicitely booked LX to take elderly on a once on a lifetime to TLV in comfort

To add insult my AMS-ZRH is delayed and with a short transit the journey from A to E will be short on time for my elderly ....

I should have flown EL AL instead !
*previous experiences were good
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Alert ! Tonight 18 october 2019

Downgrade aircraft ZRH - TLV
Needing volunteers to give up seats

Explicitely booked LX to take elderly on a once on a lifetime to TLV in comfort

To add insult my AMS-ZRH is delayed and with a short transit the journey from A to E will be short on time for my elderly ....

I should have flown EL AL instead !
*previous experiences were good
No LY tonight, it is a Jewish holiday.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Yep shabbath saturdat indeed .

We are due to misconnect so i think we will be auto rebooked on LX252 departing ZRH at 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Is the overnight hotel offered on this misconnect for C-class SEN still the Radisson connected to the airport?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Is the overnight hotel offered on this misconnect for C-class SEN still the Radisson connected to the airport?
can proudly say of Swiss that they surprised the whole AMS-ZRH plane by offering minibus connections direct to the single immigration booth and to the planes of the onwards destinations. Within 30 minutes we were from 1 plane to another!

service onboard was amenity kit vitorinox, drink round and snack pack, no menu but verbally explained choices, champers available, duty free and afterwards hot towel service, crew stays at IC David hotel
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Having the exact same issues as many of you above - I'm flying on Sat 9th Nov ZRH-TLV. At the time of booking, this was going to be a wide-body (A330 I think), but I went today to allocate a seat and could see it was all 2-2 narrow body configuration, showing on KVS as operated by A32B. I called Swiss, who insisted it was going to have lie-flat seats. Indeed a dummy booking today for Sat 9th Nov still shows this to be the case!

I called Swiss again to tell them this, they were completely nonchalant about the fact that they are actively mis-selling the product to new customers and not informing existing ones about the a/c change. The agent told me that in the event that the plane is downgauged, "Swiss will refund the full cost of the ticket" - presumably just that leg. Given that my whole CDG-ZRH-TLV return was €500, that leg can't be worth more than €200, which wouldn't really be sufficient comp for getting no sleep at all. I tried to argue for a change to the morning flight but as they insist the plane has flat-bed seats, they refused.

And yet here is what it clearly shows in booking management - A321!

Any thoughts on what can be done ahead of time?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Having the exact same issues as many of you above - I'm flying on Sat 9th Nov ZRH-TLV. At the time of booking, this was going to be a wide-body (A330 I think), but I went today to allocate a seat and could see it was all 2-2 narrow body configuration, showing on KVS as operated by A32B. I called Swiss, who insisted it was going to have lie-flat seats. Indeed a dummy booking today for Sat 9th Nov still shows this to be the case!

I called Swiss again to tell them this, they were completely nonchalant about the fact that they are actively mis-selling the product to new customers and not informing existing ones about the a/c change. The agent told me that in the event that the plane is downgauged, "Swiss will refund the full cost of the ticket" - presumably just that leg. Given that my whole CDG-ZRH-TLV return was €500, that leg can't be worth more than €200, which wouldn't really be sufficient comp for getting no sleep at all. I tried to argue for a change to the morning flight but as they insist the plane has flat-bed seats, they refused.

And yet here is what it clearly shows in booking management - A321!

Any thoughts on what can be done ahead of time?

Hang up, call again and hope you get a better agent or call center, hopefully not the one in Fiji.

Try the same by callign Lufthansa. (They too can edit and access Swiss bookings).

Have them confirm in writing their confirmation of lie flat seats and the part about compensation and ask them if there is indeed a plane with no lie flats sheduled to be allowed to move flights. Have them put this in the notes of your booking. (They will probably refuse and double check or get a supervisor then maybe?)

A few days before the flight call again and have yourself moved to the later or earlier flight, if that works, great, if not, not so great.

If that doesn't work go to CDG and have yourself moved to the earlier flight there? Not sure if that's possible as those are probably contract staff. Maybe try early at the LH Lounge?

And if that doesn't work get yourself the compensation and write a complaint about mismarketing and stuff to LX, might get their attention and maybe even some better compensation.

Keep in mind that until your flight still a lot can happen including AC changes. I see your flight is tomorrow. Since you should have been able to check in call them again.

PS: But hey! At least now the website states "depending on AC type" behind the lie flat seats.

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 8, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The agent told me that in the event that the plane is downgauged, "Swiss will refund the full cost of the ticket" -
Hahahahaha! Because this was only said verbally by LX, you cannot prove anything.
Call center agents are trained to tell customer some sort of BS to get them away. Promising great things verbally has no legal consequences.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hang up, call again and hope you get a better agent or call center, hopefully not the one in Fiji.

Try the same by callign Lufthansa. (They too can edit and access Swiss bookings).

Have them confirm in writing their confirmation of lie flat seats and the part about compensation and ask them if there is indeed a plane with no lie flats sheduled to be allowed to move flights. Have them put this in the notes of your booking. (They will probably refuse and double check or get a supervisor then maybe?)

A few days before the flight call again and have yourself moved to the later or earlier flight, if that works, great, if not, not so great.

If that doesn't work go to CDG and have yourself moved to the earlier flight there? Not sure if that's possible as those are probably contract staff. Maybe try early at the LH Lounge?

And if that doesn't work get yourself the compensation and write a complaint about mismarketing and stuff to LX, might get their attention and maybe even some better compensation.

Keep in mind that until your flight still a lot can happen including AC changes. I see your flight is tomorrow. Since you should have been able to check in call them again.

PS: But hey! At least now the website states "depending on AC type" behind the lie flat seats.
I called 3x before finding anyone to take this seriously but eventually someone did. I submitted a written complaint with screenshots as they asked, and this phrase "depending on A/C type" appears to be a new addition in response to my pointing out that mis-selling the product was a pretty big deal. So fair enough to them. CDG were useless outsourced staff who said deal with it at ZRH. There a very nice lady at the Business/Senator ticketing desk immediately thanked me for raising these concerns and moved me to tomorrow morning's flight at no charge. I happen to have family in ZRH so have free accommodation and went for a slap-up dinner... it all turned out just fine for me but I feel sorry for the 20 or so people in business on tonight's flight.

Originally Posted by warakorn
Hahahahaha! Because this was only said verbally by LX, you cannot prove anything.
Call center agents are trained to tell customer some sort of BS to get them away. Promising great things verbally has no legal consequences.
Hence I put it in inverted commas. In any case as the call centre required me to press a button accepting that the call would be recorded, I would simply state to a small claims court that this was said to me and require Swiss to provide a copy of the recording to disprove it. If they had conveniently mislaid that recording, most courts would look at the balance of probability and not be very impressed with them. This exact issue of conveniently lost recordings has happened to me twice in such cases and I won them both.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
From today's LX newsletter:

Daytime flights from Zurich to Tel Aviv now on the Airbus A321

SWISS is constantly making changes to its route network and fleet planning. This enables SWISS to adjust perfectly to changing framework conditions and to provide stable and reliable flight operations.

In recent months, SWISS has evaluated its reserves concept and expressed a recommended course of action that will be implemented in the upcoming summer schedule for 2020. In order to be able to respond even more flexibly, SWISS will modify its reserve concept. As a consequence, the daily daytime return flight Zurich – Tel Aviv will be operated with short-haul aircraft in the A320 family. However, SWISS will continue to deploy an Airbus A330 aircraft for the night flight. The summer schedule will come into force on 29 March, 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.