Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I just called SPG to redeem a free night.
I was looking for a stay with SLS at Beverly Hills.
But I was told that this property doesn't have standard rooms, so I can't use this 9FWFN promo
Is that true?
It's likely that there are no standard rooms available the night you want to stay. Others have successfully used free nights there; it's been a very popular property.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's likely that there are no standard rooms available the night you want to stay. Others have successfully used free nights there; it's been a very popular property.
You are right. I changed date, and I got a room^
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I had ~11+ postings of DL Miles to my SPG account on 9/1/09. To date, only 1,000 miles have showed up in my DL SkyMiles account

Will wait a few more days, then probably will have to make some calls.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmartazu
I had ~11+ postings of DL Miles to my SPG account on 9/1/09. To date, only 1,000 miles have showed up in my DL SkyMiles account
Same for me. Still waiting for all but 1 to post to DL.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:41 pm

Same, only 1 of mine posted. Too soon to contact someone?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Same, only 1 of mine posted. Too soon to contact someone?
Actually, no. We recently learned from Delta/Northwest that there was an issue that needs to be overcome. They are aware of it and we are working with them to resolve it.

So, no, please don't call/email them or us looking for these miles. They will be delivered in due course.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Actually, no. We recently learned from Delta/Northwest that there was an issue that needs to be overcome. They are aware of it and we are working with them to resolve it.

So, no, please don't call/email them or us looking for these miles. They will be delivered in due course.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Where were You or I a 1/2 hr ago

I was told the problem is DL will only pick up 1 item per day. So *W sent over say 6 1000 miles items on 9/1 but DL will only see it all as 1 1000. So *W now needs to send 5 1000 on 5 different days so that DL will pick up the whole 6000. If you were suppose to get 13000 gues that s another 12 days of 1000 per day

yet I think some people posted they got all they were suppose to on 1 day

anyway was told everything should be there within 2 weeks and that I will be added to the list of those who were shorted.

So William it seems *W has a list and if I didnt call in I would have been left off it, is *W gonna do a run of everyones acct to see if in fact they got the amount they were suppose to? and how so since some postted they already got theirs , a gift from *W of Double Miles??
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:23 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by craz
...So William it seems *W has a list and if I didnt call in I would have been left off it, is *W gonna do a run of everyones acct to see if in fact they got the amount they were suppose to? and how so since some postted they already got theirs , a gift from *W of Double Miles??
A little faith goes a long way, IMHO. No one has been left off any list and these miles will be awarded in due course.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
A little faith goes a long way, IMHO. No one has been left off any list and these miles will be awarded in due course.
Bump. Any update on this? I know we'll get the miles, but would love some idea of timing for upcoming trip planning.

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I called in yesterday and talked to a CR. It was interesting that they had never heard of the promotion or a problem. After waiting about 5 minutes on hold, she came back and said that her supervisor indicated that they had begun fixing the problem on Tuesday and that if something doesn't show up by 10 days from that Tuesday....please call back. So, I guess I'll wait until the 25th or after to call back and see where things stand.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
I can't be the only one who thinks the delay in posting miles is getting to be a little pathetic. The Ts & Cs of the promotion clearly state, "Miles will post to the member's airline account 3–4 weeks after July 31, 2009." They gave themselves a week of cushion. But it looks like they should have allowed for a month. Or longer.

For those interested, it's here:

https://www.spgpromos.com/weekends/t...EEKEND_LTOPAGE
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Same issue here. My SPG account shows 12 1000-mile transfers to DL on 9/1, but my SkyMiles account only got one of them.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:01 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Add my husband and me to the list who only received 1000 each when we were supposed to receive thousands more.

I didn't see this thread and called this am.

CSR said they would put in "a trace" She did not seem aware of the issue.

I feel better now knowing that it's global. I'm sure they will fix it.

BTW- now that we have completed all of our free stays earned I have to dub this promo the best *wood promo ever. And it worked out well for Starwood bc though we used 2 free nights at 1 of our favorite hotels
( W Union Square) the promo introduced us to 3 hotels we had never stayed at that we really like and will pay for in the future. Win-Win.

The Meridian with the pool on the roof in NYC- something to consider if we're in NY during the summer.

The St. Regis Monarch Beach- probably our new fave local hotel. We love it.

The SLS- regular room was a little "too cool for school" with style over function- we have an upcoming suite stay planned and hopefully that room will be a bit more user friendly. But we loved their pool and cabanas and had a fantastic meal at Bazaar.

This was one of those promos that seemed "too good to be true" but with hindsight I see major benefits for Starwood- not only in good will but in securing future business.

Last edited by damon88; Sep 23, 2009 at 9:08 am
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I had all of mine forwarded to my NWA WP account and they showed in and out on the SPG account and all of them posted last week to my NWA accout. Last Tuesday I believe.

Just got back from using all of my free nights at the LM Cancun. It was like buy 1 night, get 4 for free!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:38 am

It's totally Delta's problem. Not Starwood

Delta has been giving us worst headache regarding their frequent flyer program. They have the utmost outdated and inaccurate system. The attitude of the staff was like...it's starwood's problem. Not ours. Go back to Starwood. But I know for a fact that it's Delta's system not taking in more than 1000 miles per day. Anyway, we have had the worst experience with Delta Skymiles CSR. They took away 10,000 miles when I merged accounts and they insisted that their system did not show it. Still to this date after countless complaints. No result still. I gave up with Delta.

So just to clarify. Delta is the one at fault for this promo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.