Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by CPRich
My Discover card did offer this option to me a while ago, and I'm now seeing cards with "use your own photo" options. Put that in the idea hopper for next year...
I can imagine the kind of photos that would be sent in. They'd have to manually "approve" each photo.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:18 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jayzee9
Am I the only one whose name was truncated?...
No, there were about a dozen folks who experienced the same thing; however, unless your name is so long that it is currently truncated on the card you have now, the full name will appear on the card.

The online view was only intended to give you a snapshot view of what your card will look like, so the number of characters in the name was limited on that view. It has since been changed to allow a view of more characters for new registrants going forward in order to avoid any further confusion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:19 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Hmmmm-

I probably blew it by posting the link. I think they changed it since yesterday.

I (plat) received the email and only stumbled upon that page when I went back to doublecheck that my choice had gone through (I didn't get a confirmation email)

After I found that page, my husband (gold) tried it and was able to choose his card-- my son (the gold procrastinator) had to think about an image-- yesterday it would have let him-- today they said they would choose one for him.

It seems that this was more popular than they expected.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Link Worked for Me

Originally Posted by damon88

Here is the page that lets you put in your spg number
https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX
Thanks for posting the link. I never received an email, but used your link and was able to created my own card this afternoon. I selected St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort since we have stayed there twice and really liked the resort. Bora Bora and Maldives do look nice. But, it's unlikely we'll get there anytime soon.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

I would like to have seen a better selection of images from different parts of the world.. such as:

Toronto
Vancouver
Montreal
Rio de Janerio
Buenos Aires
Lisbon

etc...

Maybe next year
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:19 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
One more vote for Hawaii - I'd like to see the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Credit where credit is due. OK, but not given enough location choices to even care about it, so I'm not sure how much credit is due. I went with a plain card.

Offer more hotels on the cards, or at least offer generic travel scenes, too--not just photos of hotels that are 1) not on a person's personal dream list, 2) not on their visited list, and 3) not on their favorite list.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: Platinum AA, Gold Skymiles, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by yanxfann
Assuming you can remember your SPG membership # - or do as I do and write it down along with all of your other frequent flyer/guest #'s in your pocket calendar - I can think of absolutely no reason why anyone would ever need to carry this card. It would be just one more card making my wallet unnecessarily fatter.
I 100% agree. Not sure how much this promotion is costing SPG, but I haven't used my card in like ... 5 years. It's so necessary (for me) to have that information at the tip of my fingers when phoning in reservations, it's memorized.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by high_flyer
I 100% agree. Not sure how much this promotion is costing SPG, but I haven't used my card in like ... 5 years. It's so necessary (for me) to have that information at the tip of my fingers when phoning in reservations, it's memorized.
Is it then just me who uses it every time and sees the presentation of and appreciation of the card as an integral part of the check-in ceremony ?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Nice new feature for 2008!

As usual I learned about this on FT, typically never receive promo by E-Mail. The link worked nicely and I choosed Blue Place which reminds me of nice memories there.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: GGL
Tried but got message that unfortunately cannot join this promotion and SPG will choose a picture for me. Was this US only?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jplondon
Tried but got message that unfortunately cannot join this promotion and SPG will choose a picture for me. Was this US only?
No.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

My plat card expires in 2009.. is there any way to get the new design? Replacement card?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
My plat card expires in 2009.. is there any way to get the new design? Replacement card?
Regrettably, no, not at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Even if, um, one were to, erm, mistakenly "misplace" one's card?

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Regrettably, no, not at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.