Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Plat, IHG-Plat
I also feel this was a good idea, not a big deal but definitely nice to get something pleasant in the mail from SPG instead of thinking more about category changes, whether the 50epr promo (last offered in Dec. 06) will again be provided and if category creep will essentially make the award worthless, etc.

I will definitely show the new card to some friends, especially if I am lucky enough to plan a trip to the location I selected! Of course I will also tell them about Starwood and my generally positive experiences with the program and I am sure some others will do the same, so the card should be good positive PR for the program. Especially since the card highlights some of the more beautiful Starwood resorts (not sure if the Chicago 4P would provide as much positive PR).

Now if the people who thought of this could only start providing their ideas to other issues such as the category changes and 50epr, maybe the next announcements would be more pleasant than expected for members while making good business sense and providing more positive PR for Starwood.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:52 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Great idea SPG. ^ I did think the choices were rather US-centric though. Would have liked some more European options.

Chose the Bora Bora myself, although the W Maldives was a close second.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:26 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Great idea SPG. ^ I did think the choices were rather US-centric though. Would have liked some more European options.

Chose the Bora Bora myself, although the W Maldives was a close second.
Snap
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:58 am

Assuming you can remember your SPG membership # - or do as I do and write it down along with all of your other frequent flyer/guest #'s in your pocket calendar - I can think of absolutely no reason why anyone would ever need to carry this card. It would be just one more card making my wallet unnecessarily fatter.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Having the card (wallet candy) can be helpful in the rare situations that the desk agent has no clue about things like platinum amenity, also at Planet Hollywood its useful checking in if you booked direct as they don't know your status until they have your SPG # which their site doesn't allow you to enter at booking.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by HouFlyer
The winter doldrums have truly set in when we have 56 posts in eight hours about a card design that most of us never have to show in the first place.
Speak for yourself! It's 88 F down here...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by damon88
I just stumbled upon the page that let's you plug in your spg number to see
if you are eligible.

Apparently-- this is valid for VIPs, Plats and Golds if you qualified in 2008.

https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX
Thanks for publishing this link.

Unfortunately, having put in my number, it said they would select a nice picture for me

How nice of them to spare me the considerable personal effort otherwise involved
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy lifetime platinum elite
Smile

Originally Posted by damon88
I just stumbled upon the page that let's you plug in your spg number to see
if you are eligible.

Apparently-- this is valid for VIPs, Plats and Golds if you qualified in 2008.

https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX
Thanks for the link. I never received the e-mail from spg. I just chose the LM Bora Bora.

Thanks again
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:59 am

i didnt receive the email, went to the webpage and was told that i wasnt eligible!! what gives?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Character limit

Am I the only one whose name was truncated? My first name is 8 letters and my last name is 11. They had 8 + 10 and omitted the last character of my last name on the displayed card. I guess they're calling me a plat lite
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I am missing a letter, too
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ethang801
i didnt receive the email, went to the webpage and was told that i wasnt eligible!! what gives?
Check out post #43 of this thread for "what gives".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 29, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Yippee ! Chose the Bora Bora LeMeridien !

...and my first name has been cut off too. It normally has 11 characters and the card temporary card only has 10 characters...I hope this is just a glitch with this "print your temporary card" thing. My current card manages to get my name right.

I would imagine people will get quite mad if their name is suddenly wrong on the card ! Food for thought...

Last edited by Rambuster; Jan 29, 2008 at 1:06 pm
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by jlcchien
I just typed in my membership number but got "sorry you are not qualified for this opportunity" I guess this is only for member who is going to receive their card in 2008. My current Platinum member card is not expired till Feb 09.
Well, my card expires 2/29/08, I re-qualified for 2008 and I got the same message including that SPG.com will pick a card picture for me.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by jlcchien
I just typed in my membership number but got "sorry you are not qualified for this opportunity" I guess this is only for member who is going to receive their card in 2008. My current Platinum member card is not expired till Feb 09.
It's definitely not all members receiving cards in 2008 -- I qualified for Platinum for the first time this year, and was not eligible. *sob*

Nice promotion, though. I didn't dislike any of the photos, so I'm sure I'll like whatever it is I get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.