Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I did get the email. oh well. I probably wouldn't have responded anyway. As long as I get the benefits that's all I care about
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, HH Diamond
Like the concept and chose Bora Bora.
But believe it is along the SPAM side as the return e-mail suggests some tropical destinations for me.
Will have to keep track of any increase in targeted "tropical suggestions" showing up in my inbox...
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
No email for me. Is this just for US members??
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Lightbulb

Wait...
Is this the way SPG came up with to differenciate Plats-via-promotion from hard earned Plats?

Originally Posted by nroscoe
Originally Posted by wizzy
Just got the following email, clarifying status for next year.
Recently we offered you a complimentary gift of 12 music downloads to represent the Starwood experience and to celebrate our partnership with SONY BMG Music Entertainment. Unfortunately, we recognized your status as Gold rather than your earned status of Platinum. We sincerely apologize for the discrepancy, and please know that our records do correctly reflect your Platinum status.
It should have said:

Recently we offered you a complimentary gift of 12 music downloads to celebrate our partnership with SONY BMG Music Entertainment. Unfortunately, we recognized your status as Gold rather than your earned status of Platinum. We sincerely apologize for the discrepancy, and please know that our records do correctly reflect that you earned your Platinum status via promotion stays rather than earning it outright. We value you as a customer, but happen to value those who earned Platinum status the "hard way" a little bit more. Furthermore, we may have also already mailed your new credentials reflecting Gold status, but ask you to watch your mail a few days later for a special Platinum sticker to put over your Gold card. Please make sure you bring your updated card anytime you check in so that our staff can give you the recognition that you deserve. We apologize for any inconvenience.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777946
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Wait...
Is this the way SPG came up with to differenciate Plats-via-promotion from hard earned Plats?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777946
Can we please not "infect this thread" with the constant whining/complaining that happened on teh 50PER thread...would it be appropriate to have this removed as it is certainly off topic?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Nothing here in Germany !
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Talking

Two hours ago arrived, even in europe

Really nice idea^

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jan 28, 2008 at 1:29 pm Reason: missing "r"
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:28 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Happy 51
Like the concept and chose Bora Bora.
But believe it is along the SPAM side as the return e-mail suggests some tropical destinations for me.
Will have to keep track of any increase in targeted "tropical suggestions" showing up in my inbox...

Hmmm... I didn't get any follow-ups. Just the original inviting me to design my own card.

ETA-- I just clicked on the link in the email again to double check that my choice went through and this time instead of taking me to a customized page with my name on a sample card it took me to a page where anybody can plug in their spg number to see if they are eligible. The flashing graphic seems to indicate that it's available for VIPs, Plats and Golds.

Verified-- I just plugged in my husband's gold number and he was offered a customized card. So this if for ALL Elites.

Here is the page that lets you put in your spg number
https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX

Members who qualified for elite status for 2008 are invited to design a member card that fits their style and personality.

To design your card, start by entering your SPG® number:

Last edited by damon88; Jan 28, 2008 at 1:37 pm Reason: to add link
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:40 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I just stumbled upon the page that let's you plug in your spg number to see
if you are eligible.

Apparently-- this is valid for VIPs, Plats and Golds if you qualified in 2008.

https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by nroscoe
Very cool idea, and great execution of it. ^
Oh, come on! It's definitely a great idea, but the execution is terrible. It's just select your own picture. Big deal.

Think of all the options they could have provided. For starters, they could let us choose a thin card for those of us who need to carry a few other things in our wallets. There's much more that could be customized while they're at it.

And I wish they would've explained the purpose of the card.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:44 pm

I would settle for SPG sending card of any design in reasonable time after qualifying. Especially in Asia check-in people can be suspicious if you don't have a card.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by Punki
I chose Le Méridien Fisherman's Cove, Mahé, Seychelles, just because it resulted in such a beautiful overall result on the card..
I also ended up choosing this one........since like you said, it just looks great.

I have to admit at being a bit surprised that very few US48 options and none from Hawaii were offered...........as I personally would have liked a photo of Waikiki beach with Diamond Head prominently displayed in the background.....perhaps taken from an oceanview suite at the Sheraton Waikiki.

It's too bad that we couldn't submit custom images/photos to 'personalize' our cards........but that might have made things too complicated to implement.

Regardless.....I have to say thanks to SPG for coming up with this.

A.J.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Thumbs up

W Maldives!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was hoping for the FourPoints Midway (Chicago)... but lacking that dramatic property, I went with second best Bora Bora !!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Bora Bora here, too.

However, my input (if they're seeking any) would be to fully utilize the database of all photos of global properties next time they do this.

In other words, instead of pre-selecting 16 properties from which I can choose, let me select the one I'd like out of the *wood portfolio. For instance, I would much prefer to have selected a Mexican Hacienda property and others would have wanted the Westin Paris, Sheraton Maria Isabel, or (like Mauld!) the 4 Points Midway.

That wouldn't be a huge leap forward, would it? I think that would be a way cool enhancement!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.