FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/784262-design-your-own-2008-spg-card-merged-threads.html)

imverge Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am

Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads)

Just got this in my inbox. It allows you to select what image you want to appear on your SPG card. Thought it was pretty cool ^

Select your own member card by 3 February.

We have exciting news that you'll be able to carry with you throughout the year. Because you qualified for Platinum status, you have the opportunity to create your own member card for the first time ever.

Think about your style, personality, dream destinations and where your elite status might take you among our more than 860 distinctive properties worldwide. Then choose the member card by 3 February, 2008, that best reflects your future travel aspirations.

Just got email confirmation...

YOUR MEMBERSHIP KIT AND NEW MEMBER CARD WILL ARRIVE SOON.

Congratulations! Your 2008 Platinum Preferred Guest(R)
membership kit will arrive within 4-6 weeks along with
your newly designed member card.

I selected Le Méridien Bora Bora.

What did you select?

FatManInNYC Jan 28, 2008 11:30 am

Same-same, this is pretty cool. When it gets things right, SPG is a great program. Otherwise ...

I selected the Regis, of course.

Elena Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

Design Your Own Card 2008

Apparently Plats can now design their own membership cards.

From an e-mail I received today from SPG:

"We have exciting news that you'll be able to carry with you throughout the year. Because you qualified for Platinum status, you have the opportunity to create your own member card for the first time ever.

Think about your style, personality, dream destinations and where your elite status might take you among our more than 860 distinctive properties worldwide. Then choose the member card by February 3, 2008, that best reflects your future travel aspirations.
"

I would include the link but it seems it's personalized for every e-mail.

PTahCha Jan 28, 2008 11:33 am

Just got the e-mail as well. Leaning toward LM Bora Bora or W Maldives.

For those who are curious about the design of the 2008 cards, they're online at: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...preferred.html

rolov Jan 28, 2008 11:44 am

W Maldives
although it would be pretty cool if you could upload your own picture.

RAPC Jan 28, 2008 11:46 am

No email here, but then again us Europeans might not get this. To be honest I'd make do with any card as it has been two years since they last sent me one. Lucky you don't usually need to show them!

That said, I hope I do get this through as it looks pretty cool. ^

gatorboy Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am

LM Bora-Bora, though I really struggled and almost went with W Maldives. Figure I'm more likely to actually make it to Bora Bora with Mrs. Gatorboy as soon as kids are a little older.

damon88 Jan 28, 2008 11:48 am

I'm surprised that they didn't have more of the European properties. I probably would have chosen Venice.

Since they didn't have one of my fav European places (Sardinia and Crete were the only choices and we haven't been to either yet) we chose a destination that we soon will travel to-Bora Bora.

I like this idea. Thanks Starwood ^

psyflyer Jan 28, 2008 11:48 am

Living trail-side I chose the St Regis, Aspen.

notsosmart Jan 28, 2008 11:56 am

I'm not going to be a platinum anymore... :(

vandalby Jan 28, 2008 11:58 am

What?!?!? No Sheraton 4 Points - Tuscaloosa, AL?

itsaboutthejourney Jan 28, 2008 11:59 am

Very cool idea, and great execution of it. ^

Next time I'd like to see more W's & more Europe, but I'm sure its a huge deal to organize the photo rights, etc.

Punki Jan 28, 2008 12:34 pm

I chose Le Méridien Fisherman's Cove, Mahé, Seychelles, just because it created such a beautiful overall result on the card..

My favorite of the photos was St Regis, Aspen, but it didn't work so well with the design of the card.

SASfan Jan 28, 2008 12:45 pm

LM Bora Bora!! Especially since the actual OWB we stayed in is on the card!

^^^

Great idea, SPG - kudos to marketing on this one.

:D

fly co to see the yanks Jan 28, 2008 12:52 pm

yawn....

i chose st. regis NYC.

(i considered the email borderline SPAM.)