FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Design Your Own 2008 SPG Card (merged threads) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/784262-design-your-own-2008-spg-card-merged-threads.html)

Braindrain Jan 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 9150982)
My Discover card did offer this option to me a while ago, and I'm now seeing cards with "use your own photo" options. Put that in the idea hopper for next year...

I can imagine the kind of photos that would be sent in. They'd have to manually "approve" each photo. ;)

Starwood Lurker Jan 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by jayzee9 (Post 9154029)
Am I the only one whose name was truncated?...

No, there were about a dozen folks who experienced the same thing; however, unless your name is so long that it is currently truncated on the card you have now, the full name will appear on the card.

The online view was only intended to give you a snapshot view of what your card will look like, so the number of characters in the name was limited on that view. It has since been changed to allow a view of more characters for new registrants going forward in order to avoid any further confusion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

damon88 Jan 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Hmmmm-

I probably blew it by posting the link. I think they changed it since yesterday.

I (plat) received the email and only stumbled upon that page when I went back to doublecheck that my choice had gone through (I didn't get a confirmation email)

After I found that page, my husband (gold) tried it and was able to choose his card-- my son (the gold procrastinator) had to think about an image-- yesterday it would have let him-- today they said they would choose one for him.

It seems that this was more popular than they expected.

CIT85 Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Link Worked for Me

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 9149604)

Here is the page that lets you put in your spg number
https://www.spgpromos.com/choosecard...d=0707QR7Z0FRX

Thanks for posting the link. I never received an email, but used your link and was able to created my own card this afternoon. I selected St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort since we have stayed there twice and really liked the resort. Bora Bora and Maldives do look nice. But, it's unlikely we'll get there anytime soon.

imverge Jan 29, 2008 8:01 pm

I would like to have seen a better selection of images from different parts of the world.. such as:

Toronto
Vancouver
Montreal
Rio de Janerio
Buenos Aires
Lisbon

etc...

Maybe next year :)

DeniseM Jan 30, 2008 1:19 am

One more vote for Hawaii - I'd like to see the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.

Grog Jan 30, 2008 2:48 am

Credit where credit is due. OK, but not given enough location choices to even care about it, so I'm not sure how much credit is due. I went with a plain card.

Offer more hotels on the cards, or at least offer generic travel scenes, too--not just photos of hotels that are 1) not on a person's personal dream list, 2) not on their visited list, and 3) not on their favorite list.

high_flyer Jan 30, 2008 5:28 am

Originally Posted by yanxfann (Post 9153067)
Assuming you can remember your SPG membership # - or do as I do and write it down along with all of your other frequent flyer/guest #'s in your pocket calendar - I can think of absolutely no reason why anyone would ever need to carry this card. It would be just one more card making my wallet unnecessarily fatter.

I 100% agree. Not sure how much this promotion is costing SPG, but I haven't used my card in like ... 5 years. It's so necessary (for me) to have that information at the tip of my fingers when phoning in reservations, it's memorized.

Oxon Flyer Jan 30, 2008 7:26 am

Originally Posted by high_flyer (Post 9159812)
I 100% agree. Not sure how much this promotion is costing SPG, but I haven't used my card in like ... 5 years. It's so necessary (for me) to have that information at the tip of my fingers when phoning in reservations, it's memorized.

Is it then just me who uses it every time and sees the presentation of and appreciation of the card as an integral part of the check-in ceremony ?

767300ER Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am

Nice new feature for 2008!

As usual I learned about this on FT, typically never receive promo by E-Mail. The link worked nicely and I choosed Blue Place which reminds me of nice memories there.

jplondon Jan 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Tried but got message that unfortunately cannot join this promotion and SPG will choose a picture for me. Was this US only?

Starwood Lurker Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jplondon (Post 9162869)
Tried but got message that unfortunately cannot join this promotion and SPG will choose a picture for me. Was this US only?

No.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

izzik Jan 30, 2008 2:59 pm

My plat card expires in 2009.. is there any way to get the new design? Replacement card?

Starwood Lurker Jan 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by izzik (Post 9163000)
My plat card expires in 2009.. is there any way to get the new design? Replacement card?

Regrettably, no, not at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

u2vox Jan 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Even if, um, one were to, erm, mistakenly "misplace" one's card? :p ;)

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 9163084)
Regrettably, no, not at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]