Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I could not wait anymore, so I called them I spoke to Kelly at the executive office and she told me renovations will not start until March 2008. Looks like the timing for the transition to a St.Regis has been pushed back

Sure. I sent them an e-mail via the Contact form yesterday. I have not heard anything back yet. I will give them another day before I call.

Last edited by harinig; Oct 4, 2007 at 1:20 pm Reason: updates
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Nothing, SPG Gold
Princeville Remodel?

I read that the Princeville resort in Kauai is undergoing a $40 mil renovation. I am thinking of staying there in January; does anyone know when the remodel will be complete?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Starwood Gold
I called the Hotel directly as I am suppose to stay in March 08.......I know that it wont even be done at that point. The manager told me they do not have the schedule for construction yet, but that it would not be finished in March 08.....She also told me at some point the pool would be closed and not usable during periods of the renovation. That was enough for me to think about not going there in March 2008.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I heard that when the renovations are complete it is supposed to become a St Regis.

TW
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
The latest on the master Princeville thread says renovations will begin March 08. And that's still true as far as I know. I was there this past Sept and it definitely needs updating, but the incredible views and terrific service more than made up for the hotel's condition.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:38 pm

Also, stayed at the Princeville last week and was upgraded to a nice Junior Suite as a Plat, without having to ask on arrival.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Great location- way too many points for what u get.

Stayed during Christmas to New Years & really enjoyed the location. However, *wood is getting a little crazy w/ the points for this joint. The rooms are musty,carpets dirty, & brass worn off the sinks. Cat. 6??? I think not! I feel sorry for the folks who shelled out greenbacks for this place.
I do plan on returning when everything is done & the property becomes a St. Regis as the location is fantastic.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Stayed during Christmas to New Years & really enjoyed the location. However, *wood is getting a little crazy w/ the points for this joint. The rooms are musty,carpets dirty, & brass worn off the sinks. Cat. 6??? I think not! I feel sorry for the folks who shelled out greenbacks for this place.
I do plan on returning when everything is done & the property becomes a St. Regis as the location is fantastic.
I actually think that the Princeville is pretty well priced, based on the rates at the hotel and the location and amenities. Comparing with the Sheraton Kauai which is 12-16K points, and the Princeville at 20K-25K, that seems about right. The Princeville view is amazing, and I have received some pretty nice upgrades there...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 3:26 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
I just had a totally different experience. Stayed 5 nights last week and loved the room. Obviously it's hard not to love the view. Fortunately I got in at the old rate as I booked on Jan 31, 2007 (thanks Lurker!).
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I just had a totally different experience. Stayed 5 nights last week and loved the room. Obviously it's hard not to love the view. Fortunately I got in at the old rate as I booked on Jan 31, 2007 (thanks Lurker!).
I'm glad you had a very good time. For me, when I see "Luxury Collection" I expect it. Just stayed at The Palace in SFO this week. The place is spotless. I've arrived both times around close to midnight & they are powerwashing the sidewalk both times. Carpets are super clean & front desk is very polite w/ a tinge of "proper snootyness". The name Luxury works w/ this hotel.

For the Princeville, it was just another good, not spetacular experience. I plan on going back when the property becomes a St. Reg'. The views are astounding & I was very relaxed so it was a good trip overall. It's just in my opinion that *wood is stretching the word "Luxury" right now as the place is worn down.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:43 pm

We just stayed at the Princeville as a Plat for 5 nights at the 80k rate. We got upgraded to a Junior Suite and while the hotel is a bit dated, we did not let this bother us. The location is superb. The weather though can get (and was) really tricky.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:45 pm

Princeville renovations

Any updates as to when they will start construction at the Princeville and the facilities that will be affected ? I'm planning on being there in eary June. Thank you !

Sunil
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by sunil
Any updates as to when they will start construction at the Princeville and the facilities that will be affected ? I'm planning on being there in eary June. Thank you !

Sunil
From what has been reported elsewhere the renovations are supposed to begin in March and run through the end of the year.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
From what has been reported elsewhere the renovations are supposed to begin in March and run through the end of the year.

Ah, just in time for our late April stay. Will be interesting to see how bad construction will affect our stay. If the pool is not functional, I will be one un-happy camper. I'm sure we will be given access to the pool at the Sheraton.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
Ah, just in time for our late April stay. Will be interesting to see how bad construction will affect our stay. If the pool is not functional, I will be one un-happy camper. I'm sure we will be given access to the pool at the Sheraton.
Yeah, that's only an hours drive. But I wouldn't be that surprised if construction doesn't start until after your stay...after all, the renovations were originally supposed to start a year ago if I remember correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.