Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:40 pm
sy7

Thumbs up Offer to rebook for later dates

I just got an email from the Sales& Marketing person from the hotel, offering to either make arrangements at either the Sheraton Poipu or Westin Villas for the same dates, or to move the dates forward to July/August! I'll definitely be moving forward my reservation dates.

I'll call next week to make arrangements, but I'm very happy with the resolution. I actually hadn't made any non-refundable plans for next June as of yet, since I tend not to plan that far in advance and plus I always thought there was a reasonable chance the hotel opening would be delayed.

On a side note, the email did say that they tried contacting me but my number was "out-of-service" though of course it is still active. No big deal, but I do wonder how many calls they tried to make... Anyway, there was only a lag of a few weeks between the announcement of the delay and the offer to rebook, which isn't bad at all.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Sy7, can you please post the name and the email address of the person that contacted you? I have still not received any contact from the hotel, despite many efforts to reach them. Thanks.

Originally Posted by sy7
I just got an email from the Sales& Marketing person from the hotel, offering to either make arrangements at either the Sheraton Poipu or Westin Villas for the same dates, or to move the dates forward to July/August! I'll definitely be moving forward my reservation dates.

I'll call next week to make arrangements, but I'm very happy with the resolution. I actually hadn't made any non-refundable plans for next June as of yet, since I tend not to plan that far in advance and plus I always thought there was a reasonable chance the hotel opening would be delayed.

On a side note, the email did say that they tried contacting me but my number was "out-of-service" though of course it is still active. No big deal, but I do wonder how many calls they tried to make... Anyway, there was only a lag of a few weeks between the announcement of the delay and the offer to rebook, which isn't bad at all.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:34 pm
sy7

I'll send you a PM with the info.

Originally Posted by thesilb
Sy7, can you please post the name and the email address of the person that contacted you? I have still not received any contact from the hotel, despite many efforts to reach them. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I stopped by yesterday, but since the property is under construction, no staff is around... except for the folks selling all the old tv's, silverware, lamps, photo's, armoires, television stands etc etc. I did manage a few trinkets.

< still waiting for the call.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: spg platinum: aa platinum
for anyone, who is still waiting to hear from princeville, I have
the phone number to the gentleman who fixed mine and my mother- in-laws
reservations. pm me and I will give it to you. Don't think it is fair to post here - poor guy. He was extremely nice, and said there are a total of 27 reservations that can't be honored, and they are attempting to call, but he said my phone said out of order, too. I think they only tried once, and when it didn't go through, gave up.
ps. It is a phone that is actually answered by him, not that machine at the general number!!

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I stopped by yesterday, but since the property is under construction, no staff is around... except for the folks selling all the old tv's, silverware, lamps, photo's, armoires, television stands etc etc. I did manage a few trinkets.

< still waiting for the call.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:41 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by ferndale
..there are a total of 27 reservations that can't be honored...
That actually isn't that many, and I bet that most, if not all, of these 27 reservations are from Flyertalkers ! Most people probably wouldn't even have been looking for reservations >1 yr in advance (esp at a hotel soon to be undergoing major renovation) and you'd have needed to have enough SPG points to make the reservation since only C&P was available.

Anyway, I thought the hotel handled the situation very well.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
I have one of the 27 reservations and the third (out of three) with an out of service phone. Do we really believe this story? Would someone PM the contact info to me? Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
I also have had no contact from the hotel; only a couple of FTers PM ed me privately that they had been contacted and offered alternate arrangements.

I'd sure like a first hand cntact as well at the hotel, as SPG committed to calling back within 48 hrs. after my initial inquiry...about 6 weeks ago!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:23 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hedoman
I have one of the 27 reservations and the third (out of three) with an out of service phone. Do we really believe this story? Would someone PM the contact info to me? Thanks!
Make that four of four. I had mine taken care of back in September, but was also told they must have had my phone number wrong because calling me didn't work.

On another note, I also received a confirmation by email kind of out of the blue the other day. It noted that they took a deposit for the first two nights when I made the reservation. I didn't realize I had, but looked back on my statements and found it. I've heard others say they made a deposit for anywhere for 1-3 nights, so do be sure and check so you don't double pay.

Sent you PM BB.

Last edited by l etoile; Nov 26, 2008 at 7:31 pm
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I noticed that Princeville's rates other than RACK have now been loaded for July arrivals and award nights have been bumped from category 5 to 6. It will be interesting to see if the speculation proves correct that this property eventually becomes a category 7. Considering BAR is available for mid/low $400's in July (albeit a bit higher in following months) and that Hawaiian tourism is really hurting, I'm skeptical of any additional category changes in the near future.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: MP, AA, Starwood
Man, this thread has been dormant for months! With an upcoming 5 night stay (honeymoon) at the St. Regis Princeville in late November, I had to get it going again ...a couple of questions for anyone interested to add their 2 cents:

1. What are the odds it opens on time (Sept 26 soft and Oct 1 grand opening)?
2. How do you think the St. Regis Princeville will stack up compared to the other top Hawaii resorts?
3. Any wild speculation about cool, as yet unmentioned new amenities, dining, etc?

Newbie poster but can take the abuse, flame away
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:10 pm

The St. Regis Princeville to Debut on September 26th

MJFlyer...I hope this will answer your concerns so you can start preparing for your honeymoon;

1) The odds are 100%. All construction at the hotel is complete. Only finishing work and cleaning is going on Furniture is being installed in all areas. There are currently 100 rooms fully operational and more coming on line every day. The hotels staff returns to work shortly to begin training to deliver the exceptional service of the St. Regis.

2) One will have to judge how the St. Regis stacks up for themselves. The Four Seasons properties have earned their high quality rating through years of terrific service. It will be the St. Regis' honor to join the ranks of such highly respeted properties. For those that are familiar with the north shore of Kaua'i and Princeville it is quite possibly the most stunningly beautiful location for a hotel in the Hawaiian Islands. Now add the hallmarked St. Regis service and amenities to this alreday amazing location and I believe you will find that this property stacked up quite well againsts its worthy competitors.

3) New amenities include: Famed St. Regsi Butler Service in the resorts premium suites. The Kauai Grill, signature restaurant, inspired by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The Halele'a Spa - a stunning 11,000 square foot luxury spa located on property. In addition to what is new - every guest room, all public space, all outlet and the pool have been enhanced. There is very little about this hotel that is not new.

http://stregisprinceville.com
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

AlohaMary, welcome to FlyerTalk. You post with what appears to be inside knowledge of the property. Are you an employee?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Making a res.. No in-house reservations yet.

I need to make a reservation and it requires that I contact "in-house" reservations. I called the number on the paperwork and you can tell it is being forward to a off site number. I asked the agent who answered and it was NOT in-house reservations. She said that will not open until later this month. So. How does one make a reservation at this time needing this specific department? Ideas? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:51 am

Are the pictures on Starwood's St. Regis Princeville website under Photos, "Tour this Hotel" pre-rennovation? They look different than the other photo "renderings" of the hotel, particularly the furnishings and large CRT TVs. I can't imagine they would put these large old TVs in any rennovated room.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...ropertyID=189#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.