Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:35 am

I got the double/double promotion. I was already booked at the Sheraton National from Feb 19 - March 9. I called the spg line and asked if I would get the double points/nights from Mar 1-9. She told me I would, so I did nothing further. Now they are saying I don't get the double nights because it was considered a Feb stay.

I don't care about the number of stays and if when I called they would have told me I wouldn't have qualified, I would have checked out and moved over to the Sheraton Crystal City or something the like on March 1. Feb 19 to Mar 9 is 18 days, plus the double stays from Mar 1 to Mar 9 would have given me 26 nights, ie gold status and that much closer to Platinum.

I just wish that all their agents understood the promotions so that they can advise their customers consistantly.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
xtremeflyer - unless I have missed something, the promotion you refer to is double points, double stays. Therefore even if you had checked out and switched to a new hotel on the 1st March, you would still have got only 18 nights in total. 3 stays instead of 2, but the same number of nights, albeit with double points for the March nights.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:40 pm

"Earn double Starpoints and qualify for elite status with stays/nights counting double on every eligible stay between March 1 and May 31, 2007"

It says stays/night counting double. Like I said, I wasn't sure of the wording, which is why I called and asked. I was assured that I would get the double nights for Mar 1-9, even if I stayed in the same hotel. Unfortunately they've changed their tune, I've emailed and called twice and no one will budge.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by xtremeflyer
"Earn double Starpoints and qualify for elite status with stays/nights counting double on every eligible stay between March 1 and May 31, 2007"

It says stays/night counting double. Like I said, I wasn't sure of the wording, which is why I called and asked. I was assured that I would get the double nights for Mar 1-9, even if I stayed in the same hotel. Unfortunately they've changed their tune, I've emailed and called twice and no one will budge.
In that case that is fair enough. It is definitely bad that you've been incorrectly advised by a Customer Service representative. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I first signed up and was given bad information.

I think the main thing is to stick with FT for all our information needs going forward as a question like the above has been discussed and answered a few times in the past, not that it helps now.

Hope you get some joy out of them, but I'm not too hopeful.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
anyone ever successful in switching a promo via email vs. phone?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Aeroplan SE100K
points post?

has anyone had their points for this promo post to their account yet? I was targetted for the 3/6/9 stay promo but nothing has posted yet, 2 weeks after my 3rd stay. just wondering if everyone else is in the same boat.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:08 pm

Nothing yet on my end and I've had more than three stays myself.

We may just have to wait a few more days. Per the terms of the promotion, "Bonus Starpoints will post within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts."
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
here the same.. just finished a 12 stays business trip and didn't get anything posted yet. But the Mastercard Asia Promotion went quite well.. Just shortly after my third stay I was able to book the award on a 16000 points property for 2 nights (worth 32000 points!)
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:06 pm

Location: Europe, Asia, South America, wherever life takes me.
Programs: SPG (...)
Originally Posted by bchl
...the Asian MasterCard promotion, I'm more then happy.. (15000+24000=39000!)
In Europe we can apply for the American Express SPG and other cards :-|
The Europe SPG members are not happy eith that!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________
in Spain stay @ Westin Palace MADRID in the city center
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:57 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Originally Posted by SPG.pt
In Europe we can apply for the American Express SPG and other cards :-|
The Europe SPG members are not happy eith that!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________
in Spain stay @ Westin Palace MADRID in the city center
well, it was a normal promotion in conjunction with MasterCard. They offered you a 2 nights weekend stay if you paid three stays in participating properties in Asia with ANY MasterCard.

Sure, there is a lack of credit cards promotion in Europe...
Old Mar 30, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Originally Posted by TravelingWookiee
Nothing yet on my end and I've had more than three stays myself.

We may just have to wait a few more days. Per the terms of the promotion, "Bonus Starpoints will post within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts."
It's been more than three weeks since my third stay and still no bonus.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:14 pm

I was targetted for 3-6-9 promotion upton 9000 points as well as 1-2-3000 points for 1-2-3 stays in westcoast hotels... I have completed 3 stays at a westcoast hotels more than 3 weeks ago and 3 stays after that... and no bonus points... what's happening with SPG?!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:25 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I thought it was great that SPG sent a reminder email today:

You aren't too late. Stay five times, get 5,000 bonus Starpoints (up to 15,000).

As a Platinum member, you recently registered to rack up bonus Starpoints®. We want to remind you that you still have time to earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints after every five eligible stays now through May 31, 2007 (up to a total of 15,000 bonus Starpoints).

Enjoy the benefits of elite status, including upgrades to the best available room1, guaranteed room availability2, our Platinum ConciergeSM service3, a special welcome amenity upon arrival and much more.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Will past stay qualify

I thought I had registered for the 5 stays promo but apparently not. In the mean time, I had been staying over the last month at starwood hotels. So i registered yesterday and my question now is will my last 6 stays qualify for the promo? Anyone had similar experience?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:20 pm

Question Still no points

Hi!

I've completed over 10 stays for the 5 stays 5,000 promo and have waited patiently for the 2-3 weeks after my stay posted to see the points....and still no points.

Wondering if anyone can post if they have received their points...or if Lurker has any ideas why it's taking so long to post our points?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.