Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:45 pm

I got the 5/5k up to 15k offer as well. Pretty weak compared to some of the other chains' recent promotions.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Interesting, I got this offer:

Register by April 15, 2007, and every stay counts as two between March 1 and May 31, 2007. Plus, you'll earn double Starpoints® with every stay, which means your dream getaways are that much closer.
I was just about to ditch my Plat run from Starwood, looks like I have to rethink that approach
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat LT; Marriott Plat LT; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Gold
Just got the promo invite in my inbox. Funny thing is, dut to FT, I was able to sign up for this about 5 hrs ago.

This promo lines up nicely with my plans for SPG this year. Once I hit the 15 stays, that should get me to around 25 stays, and about 60 nights. Then I can get back to working to retain my MR status. Aside from the deval, this year is starting off pretty well with the promos.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Plat
got the 5/15k. I would rather have the double stays oh well. beggars can't be choosers.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I got the double-double promo. Thank you for the heads-up.

I got no emails, but double-double seems to be the best promo of those listed, so I don't think it's the "me too" default promotion. But I also know my SPG emails aren't going to a junk folder. Maybe the mail blast hasn't happened yet...
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by nixande
Interesting, I got this offer:

I was just about to ditch my Plat run from Starwood, looks like I have to rethink that approach
I got the 5 for 5,000 offer After the last two years of being platinum by all leisure stays I have decided this will probably be my last year with SPG. For the first time in four years I booked a hotel outside of SPG and the offer of double stays might have changed my mind.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:05 pm

I just got the 3 stays for 9K promotion
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: A few
Bust. The Double Stay promo is EXACTLY what I need, but alas I only got the 3/9K. Would've lined up perfectly with my long trip to Europe (7 hotel stays) for a Plat. push. *wood had a chance to pull me further from Hilton and dropped it on this one.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Got the 5/15 promo. thanks ^
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I've been given triple starpoints on all stays between March 1st and April 30th. Not too bad for me as I have a busy 2 months (by my standards) so I'll earn more than I would on the 5/15 or 3/9 promos as these are longer stays.

Would have loved the double double, but I'm happy enough with this. We just need some decent European bonus opportunities now to go with this for a full house. Either that or I should re-locate to the West Coast
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:59 pm

I got 3/9 promo. I'll stick with Marriott for my spring stays as I am getting double points ^
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks to the O.P., or technically the second poster, I clicked on the link to this promo and received the following message:

"You've been selected for an exclusive Gold Preferred Guest® trial membership, valid through February 29, 2008. Now experience everything it means to be Gold — elite status that usually requires 10 stays to attain.

Enjoy all the exclusive benefits and preferential treatment of Gold status, plus a special opportunity to earn double base Starpoints® on all your eligible stays between March 1 and May 31, 2007. It's yet another way to build your Starpoints balance and get closer to Award Nights at our unique and spectacular destinations.

Register by April 15, 2007, to enjoy the elite status you deserve."

My Gold SPG status recently lapsed (haven't been traveling as much lately) and I was looking for a way to attain Gold status again, perhaps by status match, challenge, etc. Obviously this method is greatly preferred!

This will be great considering I'm heading to Florida next month to stay at an SPG Luxury Collection property!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by touringuy
This will be great considering I'm heading to Florida next month to stay at an SPG Luxury Collection property!
Wow... this might be the best-gain promo listed yet
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I received the 5/15 offer also - seems to be the norm with plat's.

It would be great to have the choice of which special offer to receive with something like this, rather than your default option. At least with Gold, you have a chance of something different
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, AGR, Delta Silver
This promo sucks. I thought with all the devaluation they would have at least come out with a good promo. I had the entire month of March booked at the Sheraton in Tysons Corner. I'm going to cancel and book somewhere else. See ya Starwood.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.