Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Thanks bipajr for sharing!

I qualified for 5k after 5. Looks like I should be thankful. ^
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

What I think is funny about these promos is that I have never received an email inviting me to a promo. I either found out about a promo from this board or either tried the link and registered. If it wasn't for Flyertalk I would have let thousands of points go bye bye.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:37 pm

Once again a *wood promo based on stays, NOT nights! Once again in my case it will cost *wood money as I am currently on a long term *wood stay that was originally planned to encompass every single night of the promo period, now in order to maximize the promo I'll have to check out of *wood and in to a competitor's hotel at least 14 times, this promo will cost *wood 14 nights that I would have otherwise stayed with them.

Grrrrrr!!!!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Was able to register for the 5000 points after 5 stays promo.. truly exciting..
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:39 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bipajr
What I think is funny about these promos is that I have never received an email inviting me to a promo. I either found out about a promo from this board or either tried the link and registered. If it wasn't for Flyertalk I would have let thousands of points go bye bye.

I spoke too soon about not getting the email-- it just arrived.

thanks OP for the head's up

Last edited by damon88; Feb 15, 2007 at 4:00 pm
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:44 pm

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
thanks for sharing

Always nice to grab one that you didn't get 'targeted' on... Thanks!!^
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
5/15 for me !
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hilton Silv; AA Plat; QF Gold;
Well, thank heavens for Flyertalk, because I too never receive any emails announcing these promos.

Anyways, 5/15 for me too. I'm a little disappointed with this promo.

I registered my brother's SPG number as well, who is Gold, and he scored Double Stays, Double Points. Very lucky!!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Dangit... 3/9 for me (Gold)... and I also found out about this by clicking on "New Posts" here on FT.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:55 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by damon88
...I wonder why we aren't all getting the emails?
Could be any number of reasons, but my best guess is that those that didn't weren't intended to get anything at all, but were re-directed to a "ME TOO" offer that mimicks one of the legitimate offers.

Ergo, you would not be sent an email for an offer that we never intended for you to have; however, if you happen to stumble upon someone else's (wonder where that might happen) as long as you fit some minor parameters, you would be allowed to register for the "ME TOO".

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thank you BIPAJR!!!! for posting this-odd why Starwood is so slow about leting us know about these things????
Anyway I got the 5k/5 stays promo.I do not know if I will be able to do this as I am aiming at 2 spg stays a month to requalify for Plat.
Also Marriott has a slightly better promo 25k for 15 nights going right now.
But it should be doable.When combined with othe promos it is earning me 3k per planned stay right now.I am ok with that
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Ergo, you would not be sent an email for an offer that we never intended for you to have; however, if you happen to stumble upon someone else's (wonder where that might happen) as long as you fit some minor parameters, you would be allowed to register for the "ME TOO".
you mean that Starwood compile a list of list of intended target recipients for a particular promotion, send them all an e-mail inviting them to register, then don't bother to validate the registration attempts against the same list ?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
you mean that Starwood compile a list of list of intended target recipients for a particular promotion, send them all an e-mail inviting them to register, then don't bother to validate the registration attempts against the same list ?
I think what William means is that if you are not on the targeted list, they have decided to give you a different offer so you don't leave totally disgruntled.... This would mean they are validating it againt the original list. If you are not on it, you get the ME TOO offer....
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Vader
I think what William means is that if you are not on the targeted list, they have decided to give you a different offer so you don't leave totally disgruntled.... This would mean they are validating it againt the original list. If you are not on it, you get the ME TOO offer....
Thank you.

The "ME TOO" offer has a different promotion code than the real offer, so there are relatively no validation issues. The real offer returns data on it and the "ME TOO" offer returns a separate set of data for itself.

Now, back in the day before ME TOO's...boy, did we have some validation issues, not to mention a few others.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Also Marriott has a slightly better promo 25k for 15 nights going right now.
Funny, because I would value 25k marriott points at around 4k starpoints. Thus I wouldn't even bother with the Marriott promo. However, you obviously have better luck with Marriott points and/or value them differently.

In any case, good luck balancing your competing promos!

SG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.