Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Just back from a two night stay over the weekend - as SPG Gold was given an outstanding upgrade from deluxe room to 1BR suite, and I have to note that the staff was very accommodating of our 18 month son. Very little visible evidence of the earthquake and everyone from the front desk to the concierge was outstanding. I've stayed here before as Platinum, will certainly do again given how they handled us as Gold.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How much of the hotel is open and usable at this point? Are some sections of rooms still blocked off for construction work?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just completed a 4 night stay using points at Verasa. The hotel is in great shape with only extremely minor signs of construction or repair. I saw zero evidence of actual damage. The flood control project (not earthquake related) is ongoing between Oxbow and Verasa and road was completely closed. Noise was not an issue for us and walking access not a problem. Slight upgrade (Platinum guest) to a full 1BR with kitchenette and view. We were booked for non-kitchenette. Very nice room and amenities. Staff was superb with special kudos to Alana our concierge. She took extra effort to make my wife's birthday special and those little touches go a long way. Overall highly impressed and will return without question.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Looking at this place for our anniversary in the spring, staying on points. Anyone have recent experiences using SNAs here?

I'll call in the morning to see how many points they want to just book a suite outright, but would of course love to hear from my FT friends.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
Looking at this place for our anniversary in the spring, staying on points. Anyone have recent experiences using SNAs here?

I'll call in the morning to see how many points they want to just book a suite outright, but would of course love to hear from my FT friends.
To answer my own question:
- Standard room: 20k/night or $385/night
- 1 BR/2 BA Premium Suite: 60k/night or $500-something/night

I booked the standard room and the Premium Suite was the only choice for SNA, so I applied the SNA request for them.

By math, not the best point value in the world, but it's not like I can invest *points or SNAs.

OTOH, spending a couple days in SF afterward and the Westin St. Francis is 12k/night or $800/night. So I guess I make up some cash value there if we're counting.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Noisy Stay in Napa

The Westin Verasa Napa

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

The Westin Verasa Napa

1314 McKinstry Street Napa, CA US 94559

Noisy Stay in Napa (0 Photo)

The Westin Verasa Napa

We stayed at the Westin Verasa Napa last week on points Wednesday to Saturday. I had requested suite night awards well in advance, but was informed prior to arrival that they could not be filled. I saw no evidence of earthquake damage - in fact it never crossed my mind until I read up in this thread to see that it had been an issue.

The week before our arrival, someone from "Westin Experience" emailed and asked about special requests that we had. The only thing I mentioned is that we were celebrating a birthday and would also like to go on a long run one morning, so it would be nice if they had routes they could share.

Check-in was pretty smooth. We were charged an "Amenity Fee" of $15/night (though the website states $20) plus tax for a total of $17.13 per night. It does include the valet parking in addition to other standard things that as a Platinum should be free anyway. They offer a wine tasting in the lobby each evening that is also listed as a benefit of this fee. We were told that we were upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Suite. I'm not sure why they didn't collect the SNA's from SPG, but we ended up with the upgrade without using them.

When we got into the room, they had set out a split of sparkling wine and 2 gourmet chocolates with a Happy Birthday card. They also gave us the standard running map cards (also available in the workout center). Quick note on the running routes - there is a 5k and an 8k listed, but the distances are off by at least a K as measured on my Garmin watch. Also, you run up a mountain (or at least what those of us from Indiana would consider a mountain) :)

The pool and hot tub were nice enough. I was surprised at the number of small children there. I'm not one to take my kids to Napa, but I guess others are different!

We opted to take the breakfast amenity. The options for the platinum breakfast at the restaurant are: a choice of cereal or fruit, a choice of bread, and a choice of yogurt. Nothing extraordinary, but decent anyway.

It's a really easy walk into the town of Napa where there are lots of restaurants and shops. The Concierge provided us with a map and a couple of dinner recommendations. We spent most of our time in Yountville and areas north, though. Had it not been for the points stay, I think we would have stayed farther north just for the convenience to the wineries we wanted to visit. In Napa, though, Uber was readily accessible.

I have one very big complaint specific to our stay and the time we were there. There was a big music/food/wine festival called Live in the Vineyard that took place starting the Thursday of our stay. I was not aware of it when I booked and wasn't told anything about it when we checked in. On Friday, they filled the lobby with a bunch of aloft and Southwest Airlines signage (evidently sponsors of the event) and had a relatively large number of people milling about.

Later that night (around 10pm) as we attempted to go to sleep (on an east coast schedule, planning on a 10 mile run in the morning) there were loudspeakers blaring in the courtyard for a concert about 20 feet from our balcony. I called and asked how late the party would last and was told 1:30am. I asked about availability of rooms not facing the courtyard (there were none) and was offered earplugs instead. Needless to say, we had a terrible night's sleep.

For a $500/night hotel, this sort of thing doesn't seem at all reasonable. No one told us about the concert planned for outside our room or gave us a chance opt into a different lodging option. The whole thing made the place feel "cheap" and not what a luxury spa & resort should be like.

While most of our stay was great, that noisy night is what I will remember. And the next time we go to the Napa Valley, we're likely to stay in Yountville or Calistoga and skip this place altogether.

EDIT: I did receive a reply from the GM apologizing for the breakdown in communication about the event that evening. 

Noisy Stay in Napa

Would you like to write a review on the The Westin Verasa Napa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by azeckel
Introduction While most of our stay was great, that noisy night is what I will remember. And the next time we go to the Napa Valley, we're likely to stay in Yountville or Calistoga and skip this place altogether.I emailed the Westin Experience account that I previously communicated with. I emailed the GM. I emailed Starwood customer service. It's been 4 days and I have not received any response. For a $500/night hotel, this sort of thing doesn't seem at all reasonable. No one told us about the concert planned for outside our room or gave us a chance opt into a different lodging option. The whole thing made the place feel "cheap" and not what a luxury spa & resort should be like.Later that night (around 10pm) as we attempted to go to sleep (on an east coast schedule, planning on a 10 mile run in the morning) there were loudspeakers blaring in the courtyard for a concert about 20 feet from our balcony. I called and asked how late the party would last and was told 1:30am. I asked about availability of rooms not facing the courtyard (there were none) and was offered earplugs instead. Needless to say, we had a terrible night's sleep.I have one very big complaint specific to our stay and the time we were there. There was a big music/food/wine festival called Live in the Vineyard that took place starting the Thursday of our stay. I was not aware of it when I booked and wasn't told anything about it when we checked in. On Friday, they filled the lobby with a bunch of aloft and Southwest Airlines signage (evidently sponsors of the event) and had a relatively large number of people milling about.It's a really easy walk into the town of Napa where there are lots of restaurants and shops. The Concierge provided us with a map and a couple of dinner recommendations. We spent most of our time in Yountville and areas north, though. Had it not been for the points stay, I think we would have stayed farther north just for the convenience to the wineries we wanted to visit. In Napa, though, Uber was readily accessible.We opted to take the breakfast amenity. The options for the platinum breakfast at the restaurant are: a choice of cereal or fruit, a choice of bread, and a choice of yogurt. Nothing extraordinary, but decent anyway.The pool and hot tub were nice enough. I was surprised at the number of small children there. I'm not one to take my kids to Napa, but I guess others are different!When we got into the room, they had set out a split of sparkling wine and 2 gourmet chocolates with a Happy Birthday card. They also gave us the standard running map cards (also available in the workout center). Quick note on the running routes - there is a 5k and an 8k listed, but the distances are off by at least a K as measured on my Garmin watch. Also, you run up a mountain (or at least what those of us from Indiana would consider a mountain) Check-in was pretty smooth. We were charged an "Amenity Fee" of $15/night (though the website states $20) plus tax for a total of $17.13 per night. It does include the valet parking in addition to other standard things that as a Platinum should be free anyway. They offer a wine tasting in the lobby each evening that is also listed as a benefit of this fee. We were told that we were upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Suite. I'm not sure why they didn't collect the SNA's from SPG, but we ended up with the upgrade without using them.The week before our arrival, someone from "Westin Experience" emailed and asked about special requests that we had. The only thing I mentioned is that we were celebrating a birthday and would also like to go on a long run one morning, so it would be nice if they had routes they could share.We stayed at the Westin Verasa Napa last week on points Wednesday to Saturday. I had requested suite night awards well in advance, but was informed prior to arrival that they could not be filled. I saw no evidence of earthquake damage - in fact it never crossed my mind until I read up in this thread to see that it had been an issue.

This is not unusual comment for this property. I too had a miserable stay several years ago and hence stop staying here for my client wine tasting annual event. The sound proofing in the main lobby bar area is non existent, nor are they sensitive to sleeping guest. My comment to them went most ignored. So the result was they have lost out on annual business and I have recommended that many people NOT stay here
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Is this Westin Verasa Napa ok for a child? We have too many UAL points and can use a ton for this hotel instead of using cash. I know it's not a wide use of points but I don't plan any major flights with ual or *A during the next decade and I can still get more with CC. It seems like a nice deluxe place for us parents but I want it to be ok for our son. We'd use the premium suite with 1 BR and 2 BA :-)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by gaobest
Is this Westin Verasa Napa ok for a child? We have too many UAL points and can use a ton for this hotel instead of using cash. I know it's not a wide use of points but I don't plan any major flights with ual or *A during the next decade and I can still get more with CC. It seems like a nice deluxe place for us parents but I want it to be ok for our son. We'd use the premium suite with 1 BR and 2 BA :-)
It's fine for kids. They have a lot of larger rooms/suites, which is nice for the added space. Pool is nice and well heated year round (at least is was during a cold and rainy stay in January). Gott's at Oxbow is an easy walk for a family friendly meal or there are plenty of options across the river too.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I’m here now and writing this from the balcony of our top floor two bedroom suite. We’re doing a couples’ weekend in Napa with some friends, and $550/night++ for the big suite made more sense than getting two rooms just about anywhere else nearby.

I’ve found the experience here to be a delight in most every way: the room is well appointed with a full kitchen and two sizable bedrooms and bathrooms; we have a river view with lots of trees and lots of quiet, everything is pretty on brand standard.

I have no noise concerns like previous posters, though this suite is all the way at the very farthest end of the hotel on the top floor, so it‘s probably the quietest room on the whole property.

Went to the bar to use the welcome amenity voucher, and the bartenders made some fantastic cocktails for us. The patio is fantastic for November weather in California, with heat lamps everywhere.

The valet parking operation is seamless and makes the “amenity fee” not feel like a ripoff at all.

I was worried that the location might feel a little isolated from the rest of Downtown Napa, and it does, but it’s maybe a ten minute walk from most of downtown and a five minute walk from the fantastic Oxbow Public Market.

Overall it’s fantastic. Would happily return any time.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by puls
I’m here now and writing this from the balcony of our top floor two bedroom suite. We’re doing a couples’ weekend in Napa with some friends, and $550/night++ for the big suite made more sense than getting two rooms just about anywhere else nearby.

I’ve found the experience here to be a delight in most every way: the room is well appointed with a full kitchen and two sizable bedrooms and bathrooms; we have a river view with lots of trees and lots of quiet, everything is pretty on brand standard.

I have no noise concerns like previous posters, though this suite is all the way at the very farthest end of the hotel on the top floor, so it‘s probably the quietest room on the whole property.

Went to the bar to use the welcome amenity voucher, and the bartenders made some fantastic cocktails for us. The patio is fantastic for November weather in California, with heat lamps everywhere.

The valet parking operation is seamless and makes the “amenity fee” not feel like a ripoff at all.

I was worried that the location might feel a little isolated from the rest of Downtown Napa, and it does, but it’s maybe a ten minute walk from most of downtown and a five minute walk from the fantastic Oxbow Public Market.

Overall it’s fantastic. Would happily return any time.
I stayed as a Plat with my family in July and your review was spot-on. I can't wait for my next trip to this hotel. Aside from the setting (right on the Napa River) and pool/spa, the proximity to the Oxbow Market is the highlight of the hotel for me. Also, the breakfast burrito and a screwdriver were a great way to start each day.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
How is the SPG Platinum recognition at this property?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by bosca418
When I stayed as a Plat in July with family, my SNAs cleared and I was given an awesome 1 bedroom Deluxe Suite overlooking the River. Breakfast vouchers were provided for both adults and were good for the continental breakfast or could be applied ($10/ coupon) towards anything on the breakfast menu. I've also stayed as a Gold in 2016 and was still given a room upgrade, so recognition seems decent at this hotel.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bosca418
Just completed another one-night stay here. In the past we’ve almost always been upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, but no luck this time. We noticed scaffolding around one interior courtyard, so maybe there are some renovations happening that affected room inventory. The breakfast benefit was either the continental, or pick any entree, coffee, and juice — even the tax and tip were included, so it was worth more than $15 per person. There was an amenity fee of $15. Not sure if that was discounted, but either way I forgot to ask about an alternative amenity for Platinum members.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:53 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Verasa Breakfast Benefit?

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Verasa since it's become a Marriott? I'm a titanium member, and have generally been satisfied with the breakfast benefits I've gotten at the various hotels. However, I see a number of reviews criticizing the breakfast at the Verasa, but that was when it was still a Starwood property. They say that they were only provided with a continental breakfast, or $10 off a breakfast item on the otherwise overpriced menu. My question is, in the last few months, has anyone stayed there and gotten an elite breakfast benefit? What result?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.