Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by moshennik
thanks! doing it right now. Also, how did u like the place? Location? Things to do for a long weekend? ( this is my first trip to Napa)
The hotel has a special set of pretty good Valley promotions for SPG Platinum members. Call ahead and get one so that you can read it and maker reservations ahead of your visit.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Hillrider thanks. While it is a very comfortable hotel it is amazing how developers are able to continue to convince the public to grossly overpay for these types of destination properties.
It is amazing. Though a terrible investment it is still a very nice place to stay.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
Wow.. thanks a lot Bonita, SanDiego for your help!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:16 pm

You are welcome. We have a home in the Valley please feel free to PM me with any questions I know the Valley like the back of my hand.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can confirm that the two bedroom deluxe suite that I was upgraded into from my reserved oe bedroom suite, as a SPG Plat using a AAA rate, was a genuine two bedroom suite that did not involve a connecting room. It was on the top floor corner overlooking the river and pool with a huge balcony. The master bedroom had a nice en suite bathroom, IIRC with separate bathtub and shower stall. The second bedroom was about the same size as the first and perhaps even a bit nicer (I'm trying to remember whether it had its own small balcony or just a nice comfy reading chair) but the second bathroom was located off the foyer and IIRC had just a shower. The suite had a nice open kitchen (granite countertops and a breakfast bar), a dining table for about six, and a decent sized living room. With the qualifications about the second bath, it would work well for two couples.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
Just finished a long weekend in Napa here.

Incredibly great service from the people you interact with most at this property - the valets (valet only parking). The concierge was also very friendly and helpful in setting up dinner and tasting reservations and his recommendations were all great!

We booked a "traditional" room at the SPG50 rate ($149++ instead of the $279 BAR) and were offered a choice of location at check-in but no upgrade per se.

As per others here, I requested a reduced resort fee (from $20 to $10 per night) instead of free internet as my Gold amenity at check in. Also took advantage of the Green Choice option for some additional *wood points.

The traditional room was a pretty basic room - no fridge or other "resort" amenities as such, predictably great bed. Having an XBox 360 was interesting, mainly helpful for the DVD player in our case.

Pool was very well heated, and the hot tub was plenty hot enough for night time dips.

The Verasa's wine/tapas offering from 5-7 each day varied pretty widely, depending on the winery involved... and the food ran out pretty quickly; still nice to have on offer.

Best part of the stay was having the Oxbow Market a very short 5 minute walk away - great options for breakfast, light dinners, and snacks/wine for the room. This alone would drive our return to this property in the future.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:38 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have tips for using points at this hotel? We can't seem to find any available nights to use them... and we've been looking for quite a while (using dates over several months, well in advance). Weekends, weekdays, it doesn't seem to matter.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:59 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Does anyone have tips for using points at this hotel? We can't seem to find any available nights to use them... and we've been looking for quite a while (using dates over several months, well in advance). Weekends, weekdays, it doesn't seem to matter.
Have you been checking for single nights or double nights? I know that weekends have traditionally required two night stays.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
I thiiiiink the other issue is that generally speaking, the "standard" rooms are actually few and far between here. There are comparatively a lot of suites and enhanced rooms - i've stayed there prob 15 times and never not gotten a suite.

I think it's one of those situations where it actually does make sense to call SPG to see what the point redemptions are for suites, if that's all that's available to book (you can prob make that conclusion by doing a dummy booking and seeing what room types pop up).

My other experience with this property is that the difference $$-wise between smaller suites and standard rooms are not that big, so it's possible that the point redemption for a suite is not astronomically out of line with the lowest redemption rate. i think i remember calling up once to inquire about point redemptions and it was something like 4-6K more points to book the suite, but that was a while ago and i'm not certain it was this property
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc

I think it's one of those situations where it actually does make sense to call SPG to see what the point redemptions are for suites, if that's all that's available to book (you can prob make that conclusion by doing a dummy booking and seeing what room types pop up).

My other experience with this property is that the difference $$-wise between smaller suites and standard rooms are not that big, so it's possible that the point redemption for a suite is not astronomically out of line with the lowest redemption rate. i think i remember calling up once to inquire about point redemptions and it was something like 4-6K more points to book the suite, but that was a while ago and i'm not certain it was this property
My experience as well. I'd call SPG. Suites can be less expensive than you think. Great location.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:55 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've looked for stays anywhere from 2-4 nights and had no luck. Calling SPG got me a quote for 24k points a night the last time I asked - they basically do the "standard" rooms and then suites for double, apparently.

Seems to be another of those properties that plays the "standard" and "deluxe" game to reduce redemptions.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
I've looked for stays anywhere from 2-4 nights and had no luck. Calling SPG got me a quote for 24k points a night the last time I asked - they basically do the "standard" rooms and then suites for double, apparently.

Seems to be another of those properties that plays the "standard" and "deluxe" game to reduce redemptions.
I think the problem here is that there are genuinely few regular rooms, most are suites. I have only ever paid cash at this property and it has never been expensive to just reserve a suite but then I have been travelling out of season.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
5-year Anniversary Package?

Wondering if anyone has had (good) luck with this resort's 5-year Anniversary Package (LVPKG).

--2.5 night stay – early check in and late check out offered upon availability
--Bottle of CAin 5 Wine per stay from Cain Winery
--5 mile scenic run or hike with our on-site running concierge
--One 50 minute massage per stay provided by Gloria Curry Spa - in-room or poolside in a private cabana
--5 meals per paid occupant – 2 breakfasts at Bank Cafe and Bar, 2 lunches at Oxbow Public Market ($25 Oxbow Bucks), and 1 five-course dinner at La Toque with wine pairing
--Package Rates starting from $499 for Traditional Guest Rooms, based upon availability

On its face, it seems to be less of a rip-off than most packages, and perhaps even a worthwhile deal in the off-season.

Thoughts and experience here appreciated (as well as the best way to get here from a night-time arrival at SFO).

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoyed LT Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Stay Jan 10 - 13

Just got back from a quick stay for my wife's birthday. One new Plat perk is a "black book" in which the hotel has partnered with several wineries to offer complimentary tastings. Some of the offer were for reserve tastings as well. I don't think it is offered, so be sure to ask the concierge.

Always treated very well here, and for the most part, this latest stay was no different. The parking valet service has improved considerably (though we usually travel here during the off season), and it seems there are more staff there than previously. Front desk graciously provided a loaner Android phone charger after I discovered I packed the wrong one.

Only bummer, though not too big of a deal, was that every time we've stayed here before, we were granted a Platinum 4:00 PM checkout. Never really thought about it being a resort, but this time we were told 2:00 PM would be the latest. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, but the front desk manager couldn't just explain that, and gave some BS about full occupancy, which was an absolute lie - the place (and practically the entire Napa Valley) is absolutely deserted right now. First time we've ever experienced less than extra friendly service from anyone here.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LUV A-List, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond!
As a Platinum does this property offer full breakfast as a Platinum amenity option or the oh so typical b.s. continental breakfast?

Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.