Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Hoc
Has anyone stayed at the Westin Verasa since it's become a Marriott? I'm a titanium member, and have generally been satisfied with the breakfast benefits I've gotten at the various hotels. However, I see a number of reviews criticizing the breakfast at the Verasa, but that was when it was still a Starwood property. They say that they were only provided with a continental breakfast, or $10 off a breakfast item on the otherwise overpriced menu. My question is, in the last few months, has anyone stayed there and gotten an elite breakfast benefit? What result?
We just returned from 5 nights at the Westin Verasa. The room was booked under my girlfriend's name. She is gold. I am platinum. I asked if they'd extend us free breakfast based on my platinum status, and they did. The breakfast certificates were good for either A) a yogurt or fruit cup + a pastry, B) a yogurt parfait (which was really good.. this is what we went with every morning), or C) $10 off in the restaurant (reservations required on the weekend).
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by speekeasy8
We just returned from 5 nights at the Westin Verasa. The room was booked under my girlfriend's name. She is gold. I am platinum. I asked if they'd extend us free breakfast based on my platinum status, and they did. The breakfast certificates were good for either A) a yogurt or fruit cup + a pastry, B) a yogurt parfait (which was really good.. this is what we went with every morning), or C) $10 off in the restaurant (reservations required on the weekend).
I have also had a very similar benefit there although maybe it was $14 not $10 per person. Overall I felt the location was great for accessing all the various wineries and the rooms felt clean, updated and spacious - they upgraded me to the 1 bedroom suite most times i have stayed there (about 3 times in the last 5 years).

This was all during the Prehistoric BC era. (Pre Bonvoy Conversion)
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Anyone know the situation with "La Toque" and points, aka can I charge it to the room bill/get points? Appreciate I can ask the hotel but thought I'd try flyertalk (real experiences). For context I missed Ambassador last year due to lack of spending (just about hit the nights with bonuses), but I am considering a stay - and if I can add the tasting menu (even if the wine isn't counted) then the total for a weekend would be perhaps USD 1500++ which would increase my odds :P. This is in a couple of weekends, there is plenty of availability at both the restaurant and the hotel.

For me, would likely to be the difference between one of the (marginally nicer looking) restaurants that are a bit further away vs one where I can just arrive and drop off the car / no uber to get around and then have a good weekend.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Anyone know the situation with "La Toque" and points, aka can I charge it to the room bill/get points?
Yep, definitely. We’ve always charged to the room when staying at the hotel and dining in La Toque. It’s never a problem for them to do that.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Jase415
Yep, definitely. We’ve always charged to the room when staying at the hotel and dining in La Toque. It’s never a problem for them to do that.
Thanks for the confirmation, I did that at the weekend and yes there was no problem charging to the bill (though I notice that they didn't credit the deposit that I paid, to be fair that is a problem I can ignore (even if it is 40USDpp)

I stayed in a four person room for two nights at the weekend and as a Titanium had a marginal upgrade from a Superior 1 Bedroom Suite to a Premium 1 Bedroom Suite (I think the space is a bit bigger and there was a kitchen). My SNA request for a two bedroom suite was declined, though to be fair the hotel was not even selling those rooms on my dates.

A few thoughts:
  • The hotel charges a "resort" fee of 25USD/night that covers a weak wine tasting (imagine a few free 50ml shots of poor quality wine), a massage chair for one that tended to be busy and the more useful valet parking with check-in/out privileges (which I've paid more for in the past). Normal parking was freely available by the hotel. There was also a shuttle into town between limited times (5-9pm), but uber was far more convenient. That was pretty much it. However in comparison with our room rate of ~500USD/night it wasn't a significant cost.
  • Beyond the minor upgrade there were no Titanium privileges, or even a welcome letter for that matter.
  • Didn't try breakfast as preferred to eat around town for more variety, and since the room rates only included two people's breakfasts at most
  • Annoying 40USD "extra person" surcharge, even if the room was clearly designed for 4 with a sofa bed. Sigh, oh well, seems to be the new Marriott standard and it was on the quote
  • Enjoyed our meal at La Torque and felt it was a fair 1* Michelin, and rare to have such a nice restaurant in a Marriott. If I make Ambassador this year it will probably be helped significantly by this two night stay that cost over 2k USD due to that meal
Overall, a nice hotel, good location, pleasant staff and a good luxury location, just pricey.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:16 pm

Upcoming stay

Planning to stay here in the latter part of this year via points booking. Looks like weekend points rates are always at peak pricing. Still a convenient location just next to the Oxbow market and Model Bakery. Having a 1* Michelin Restaraunt isn’t too shabby either.
Old May 21, 2021, 6:46 am

I’m staying next week and just got an email, below is some of the relevant changes. Notable that the restaurants are closed on Monday and Tuesday, also that the scam fee is only $10/night.

In-Room Dining
Available via pick-up from BANK on plates or in boxes

Grab-and-Go breakfast: Saturday & Sunday 8:30-11:30AM

Full menu: Wednesday-Friday, Sunday 4-9PM & Saturday 12-9PM

Menus are viewable on guestroom televisions under Menu, then Guest Info.

Orders can be placed at www.opentable.com/bank-cafe-and-bar or by calling Service Express.

In-room Dining is unavailable Mondays and Tuesdays.

Our lobby coffee and tea station is available from 7-10:30AMdaily.

Restaurants
BANK CAFÉ AND BAR

Grab-and-Go breakfast: Saturday & Sunday 8:30-11:30AM

Full menu: Wednesday-Friday, Sunday 4-9PM; & Saturday 12-9PM

**Very limited indoor seating available in accordance with Napa County restrictions. Outdoor seating available weather-permitting. When seating is full, the restaurant will be open for to-go.

Take-out orders can be placed at www.opentable.com/bank-cafe-and-bar or by calling 707-257-5157.

The restaurant is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

LA TOQUE

Open for outdoor terrace dining and limited indoor dining: Wednesday -Sunday 5:30-9PM

Reservations are required and can be made through the Tock app, at www.exploretock.com/latoque, or by calling 707-257-5157.

The restaurant is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

Fitness Studio
Our Fitness Studio, located on our lobby level, is open 24/7 for a maximum of 5 guests to enjoy at a time. Masks and social distancing are required.

There are Westin workout videos available on your guestroom television as an alternative. If you wish to exercise outdoors, running maps are available at the Front Desk. Bicycles are also available to rent behind our hotel on the river walk.

Pool & Hot Tub
Open from 8AM-9PM daily with reduced seating capacity to achieve social distancing. The seating is first come, first served.

Please note masks/face coverings are always required. The only exception to not wearing a mask/face covering is when moving from your seat into the water and back.

Amenity Fee

Our amenity fee has been reduced from $25 + tax per night to $10 + tax per night. The amenity fee includes the following:

Secured Underground Parking

High-Speed Internet in Guest Rooms

High-Speed Internet in Hotel Lobby

Coffee Available in Lobby in the Morning

Access to Pool, Whirlpool, Fitness Studio, & our Private Bocce Ball Courts
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Any updates for this property? I have stayed here once/year and stayed last year during COVID. Their website still says they only have grand/go breakfast and much still closed on Mon/Tue.

Thinking they may open more services, etc. June 15 with CA reopening and the breakfast situation 7 days/week with cooked to order options
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:32 am

I have an upcoming stay at this hotel and I just called to inquire about the elite breakfast benefit. They told me that they were not offering it at this time and in lieu of the breakfast you get 1,000 welcome points. That is very surprising and very disappointing.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by daisydog123
I have an upcoming stay at this hotel and I just called to inquire about the elite breakfast benefit. They told me that they were not offering it at this time and in lieu of the breakfast you get 1,000 welcome points. That is very surprising and very disappointing.
Now now, for every 70 stays you'll get a free night from the generous welcome point substitute That shouldn't set you back more than $50K.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A thousand points per night or per stay? Logically it should be per stay, but calling them welcome points makes me think otherwise.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
If you have been following the Marriott forum, it really shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Regards
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:48 am

The best part of what I was told after asking about the available grab and go breakfast on the weekend is that since it’s not available during the week, they want to be consistent and “fair” on providing the same welcome amenity for all
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A thousand points per night or per stay? Logically it should be per stay, but calling them welcome points makes me think otherwise.
Per stay
sethMCOflyer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:16 pm

Stayed here at the end of may. Property is decently nice and the location is great. Although they seemed to be quite understaffed and all restaurant/bar staff is gone on Mondays and Tuesdays. I put in a request for extra toiletries one morning and finally received them that evening after following up a few times.

If you’re looking for a decent hotel while exploring the Napa area it’s great. If you’re looking for a resort you’ll have a bad time. It feels like COVID came and they laid everyone off and failed to see that travel would ramp back up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.